It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Choosing a framework for the base of customwars
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 am 

Yeah, please...

I think it is wise for us to start off with a strong base program. Slick2D is possibly the best choice for the new system of CW. I dunno if a new repository is necessary, we could just make a new folder in the old repository if need be.

EDIT:

Testing was started for stef569 and I are on working Slick2D. Right now the framerate seems to be great, running at a smooth 60fps, with a slight reduction on the update of graphics. However, this might change when it comes to adding music onto the mainframe as the owners said it might cause a big framerate reduction when playing music. I am hoping this test to be informative, CW needs all the frames it can get.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:51 am 

I hate to double post, but I think there might be a rendering problem with Slick. Since I can't figure out a way around it, maybe you can help me out?

The mouse causes the pictures to misform when you pass the mouse over them. It isn't annoying or a problem gameplay wise, because the framerate remains at a steady 60fps. However, aesthetically I think it might be a little bit annoying for the users... Need an example?

http://slick.cokeandcode.com/thingle/thingle.jnlp
If you move your mouse outside the screen then back in, a nasty pixel effect occurs. I have no idea what causes this effect. A glitch, problem... I didn't hear any mention of it in the Slick forums, maybe it is just my imagination.

JSR...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:16 am 
Main Coder

I can't reproduce the pixel effect you are talking about, maybe this is specific to 1 pc or your imagination :)