It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Custom wars logo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:02 pm 

There is a custom wars logo kicking around somewhere. Does anyone know where I can get a high res version of this? In the effort to remove any questionable content I would like to remove 'Andy from the first screen and for the moment replace him with the customwars logo. We'll need this in future for marketing purposes so if anyone has a hi res version could you upload it to the planner or send it to me?

Post subject: Re: Custom wars logo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:54 am 

We were planning on marketing CW? >_>

Quick answer: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3239

Anyway, the first screen
Image is a simple PNG file. I'll take care of the UI - which includes the title screen. I'll just use some stock images or something. If it's really needed I'll just have Narts paint me some clouds and a tree lol.

If you mean THIS screen
Funny story: I have zero knowledge of programming and I managed to write up that whole screen myself in notepad. The only thing I didn't write is how Andy appears...which is everything I've forgot.
In the Options screen is a function called "Main Screen CO" - this is purely for aesthetic purposes. IIRC this calls the CO by ID, so technically all you need to do to replace Andy is to change it in the options menu. As-is, all you need to do is change it in the options for another CO to appear and the problem's solved.
The game calls Andy initially by default as his CO ID is 00.

In the new 2.0 mockup of the CW menu, I was planning on having this concept return - however, the CO's appearance would then be purely random, or return to our old system of being able to choose the CO.
I'd rather it be default out of the box.

lol japanese menu - with translations in mind I made some improvements upon the first menu draft. Next mockup will be in English.
In other words - if we're going to rewrite the menu, all I ask for is paitence - we're probably going to be able to recycle most of the code anyway for the new main menu UI. When you rewrite the menu, all it takes to remove Andy is, well, overwriting him.

Post subject: Re: Custom wars logo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:35 am 

Supposedly I'm not entitled to access: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3239
Is there an PSD or AI version of this file?

Yes absolutely, customwars is a product and so will be marketted. Thats what is happening just now in us just speaking about it! Marketting need not be engaged in for monetary gain, we want customwars to be accessed by those who will enjoy it. Also to encourage the growth of the project we will need the continued interest of artists, developers musicians and such. We'll only be able to achieve and benefit from that interest by making sure they know and appreciate it.

As for your mock up screens, is this more of Nart's artwork?
The character art is suberb. I am also very impressed that we have achieved a japanese translation, where did this come from? If we have access to a native japanese speaker then we stand to only benefit from also having a japanese translation running in tandem (if not on top of the english version like it currently is). This way we can reach a larger market.

Yeah if narts could paint an entry splash that would be ideal

As for the screen with the CO that pops in from the side I was going to ammend it so the custom wars logo came in from the side instead of the chars. Merry Christmas!