It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: CW:T suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:25 pm 

After playing fighting games that allow the recording of the match be taken, I think it'd be really nice to have some sort of way to log all of the moves/actions taken in a match so it can be later reviewed in real time.

Of course, there'd have to be time buffers here and there in order for it to be easier on the human eye to view... but I guess that can be scripted or something...

I got the idea mainly, from DISSIDIA: Final Fantasy's method of recording a match. No matter the length of the match, the save file for the replay is always 128kb - or it could've been less, I honestly can't remember anymore.
This makes me believe that the game records/logs all of the actions taken ("Up was held for 126 frames, 3 frames of inactivity, Square was held for 13 frames" etc.) so the entire battle is essentially a huge list of coded interactions.

Another area I got the idea from is by using Game Input Multiplexer in order to program specific combos in Blazblue Continuum Shift 2's Challenge mode (something I also wish to repeat with both PS3 versions of Street Fighter IV) where you log/code in specific inputs and then you wouldn't need to re-input the first few attack commands (it can get incredibly fatiguing if you aren't a purist/pro).

As an extra idea, it would be nice to, at any time during the playback of the recording, to continue playing but in a different direction. I've always wanted to know what would've happened if I had attacked Tank B instead of Infantry A, for instance. Would the match outcome have gone differently..?

Thanks for your patience.

Post subject: Re: CW:T suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:18 pm 

That is a very cool idea.

The replay part of it has been in my mind for a long time. I was planning to have each save file act as a replay for the game running it. The part that might be tricky would be stopping that replay in the middle to allow you guys to play from it. It surely is an interesting idea. No promises, but I'll see if I can consider putting this as part of the main project.

But, the replays are definitely part of it. I'll be sure to keep you posted on any developments in this area.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 pm 

Nice one! Thanks for taking your time out to read it!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:02 pm 

We already using that way to prepare.the logic for replays. Your second idea is nice and of course worth to be tried. Actually if we have replays in future it should not be a problem to stop the command execution at a time x and playing manually from this point. Thanks we will note that for future versions, maybe 0.4 or 0.5. :P