It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:47 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Im having trouble again!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:04 am 
HI PEOPLES. Remember me. Yes I was the one having trouble before. Well I'm having trouble again. I need help with Ad Hoc Wars. Whats it all about. I get that its a modification but what do you modify with it. I tried opening the .jar file on it but it couldn't open. Also why are there multiple downloads for it.

Post subject: Re: Im having trouble again!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:29 am 

multiple downloads for multiple versions, typically the most recent one is the latest
beta 27 itself is the last in a long line, look around and you'll find the others

some versions are just the jar file, you need to place it in the same folder as the normal beta 27 jar file
the most recent one should have everything though so look farther down in the topic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:30 am 

The latest version of Ad Hoc Commander is always found at the Google Code repository: http://code.google.com/p/customwars/downloads/list

Note that Ad Hoc Wars and Ad Hoc Commander are two different things, Ad Hoc Wars being a simple game similar to the first Advance Wars, whereas Commander attempts to be something more (and is still very much a work in progress).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 am 
When I wrote the topic I actually did mean to say Ad Hoc Commander. Sorry about that mistake. I still don't understand what AHC is about. I also still don't know how to use it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:03 am 

AHC is a mod which takes the basics of AW and changes them around a bit. For example, it only has tanks and heavy tanks, not kiddy tanks, medium tanks, super tanks, bladder-buster tanks, and the tub. The CO system is unlike anything in the other AW games as well.

Anyway, whatever you did to get beta 27 working, you might try again. The latest update doesn't come with sound files, so you should be able to download, extract, and open the jar file to play.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:41 am 
Well Im just randomly posting again. Sorry I haven 't been on to read anything in a while but I was sick with strep throat [For the SECOND TIME in my life]. Oh and while I was looking up random stuff about the old gameboy wars and Famicom wars I found someone selling a copy of gameboy wars 3! I'm totally gonna buy it if my parents will let me. Yes I know its in Japanese but on GameFAQ's theres someone who made a few FAQ's for the game so I'll still understand it. Hey maybe you guys should use some of the units from those old games. They had a whole bunch of different units back then. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:18 pm 

Strep sucks, hope you get better. We've been under the weather as well lately.

I seem to recall the earlier versions of the Wars series being explored for unit ideas but were subsequently set aside due to the issues with the AW-era unit structure.