It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:52 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Super CO Powers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:08 pm 

One thing that bugged me about the AW2/AW:DS AI was that except for certain rare cases (such as Andy's SCOP), the AI used their SCOP at the start of the first turn the meter was full (or when charged, as was the case with Mass Damage COs). I propose that the CW AI be more strategic about their power usage. (This ignores COs whose powers are based on Mass Damage, since that's helpful in most cases).

My idea:
* At the start of a turn when an SCOP meter is full, the battlefield is checked against criteria for its activation (note that if a Tag Power were ready, these criteria would be more lenient). If those conditions are met, then they activate the power. It could be something like (in Adder's case) an amount of viable (i.e. not Tank VS Md. Tank) attack options would be opened up by Sidewinder. For firepower COs, it could be in terms of OHKOs.
* If these criteria are not met, the next RN in a series of RNs determined at the start of the battle will be checked against a percentage chance that the CO will activate the power anyways, so that we don't get situations where the CO never uses their power. This chance increases for each turn the power isn't used.
* If a CO like Sasha is in play as an enemy, the power is more likely to be activated.

Or something like that. I thought of this when considering how nasty Falcone's SCOP is when used correctly (read: enemy built heavy units), and how the AI generally wouldn't know how to use it correctly...

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis