It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: I'm Just takeing a HUGE stab at this but...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:42 am 

I think the AI is not just one script but many in fact I think it's a script for each unit.

O.K. so it's like this:
Say you have a tank. The Main AI (that's the AI's parent script) looks at the tank and says to the MD Tank script "if funds are >= 1600 then create object MD Tank at local same side base." The MD tank is then created at a base and is almost independent (as in it has it's own AI) The MD tank looks at a damage table (found in the CO's script) and calculates which units it should attack and which units it should avoid. So if you build a Mega Tank, that MD Tank will stay away... unless it's backed into a corner. "if a position is not collision free and Object player Mega Tank is in range, Attack player's Mega Tank."

CO AI should be a few damage tables:
1) Normal
2) Power
3) Super power
4) Tag (when applied)
Balance mode is shown as being true or false. "if true use this table, if false use that table".
The CO AI calculates how often a power, s.power, or tag can be used by looking at it's own stars.
Phrases are done by looking at the CO scripts... So you would have two scripts; One containing the AI's tables, the other containing the powers, phrases, and other such data... Although damage tables are probably already grouped into the CO's script so any ways... what I just said here was probably useless.

Any way the AI is not one but one for each unit that is basically aware of whats going on in order to calculate what it needs to do. Such as an Infantry unit would go something like this " look for object player base/HQ/Infantry if funds are >= 1000 build object Infantry at local same side base. If the instances do not exist do not build.
If object AA/Tank/so on is present move away if position is collision free, if the position is not collision free Attack player's unit unless own unit is flaged call other same side units to block if same side unit is in range block player unit. (in other words meat shield if there is something to protect.)"
Also the Infantry would have "head toward a position at other bases/HQ/so on. once reached start capture, if capture complete then move toward next target unless object player Infantry in range if so attack."

O.K. you get the point now. I'm not going to further blab about what is possibly useless but you get the idea and I hoped it helped...
Any way in order to show unit movement or explosions You need to change the sprite into an object that is into something that is made up of more than one image/ animation held together by a script or more.

O.K. that's it if it was or wasn't help tell me and I'll see what I can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:15 am 

uh.. yeah...
that's the plan. Each unit has its AI, the higher level AIs will tie together the movements into a higher order plan... this has merely been put on indefinate hold until my life calms the fuck down. (Until I graduate Prom -> AP Tests -> Finals -> Graduation, not fun)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 am 

...Hmm...

(I welcome the fact that I'm not the only one who's stressed.)