It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:39 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Parallel Galaxy Hierarchy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:12 pm 

I've been contemplating the PG hierarchy, or rather the current lack of a defined one.I mean, we all know is who the Big Bosses are, but that's about all. Sort of undefined. So here's my two cents on the matter.

First, we have the head honchos, our BBEG's, the leaders of PG: Levenworth and Dreadnought.
~~Levenworth: Well, we're sill working on this guy. So. Yeah. Mhmmm... we'll just move along!
~~Dreadnought: The Tactical commander of the invasion forces. Directs the invasion force and satellites from PG HQ. Also in charge of defending conquered and subjugated regions, especially the PG Headquarters.
These two are interchangeably refered to as the High Command

And we also have Mina, who has a close relation to our friends in the top.
~~Mina Yun: Acts as the avatar of Dreadnought (and/or Levenworth as appropriate), allowing him to maintain a behind the scenes role in the invasion. If she says something, it is considered as though the High Command had said it themselves. Likewise, any thing that is told to her should be treated as speaking to the High Command.
In summary, she is the voice, eyes, and ears of High Command

Next, we have our primary invaders, the ones who actually direct the invasion forces from the field and are making the daily commands.
~~Talyx: The commander of the assault forces. Directs the invasion using the parameters set by High Command. Typically leads the heavy initial assaults. (Pretty much fills the role Hawke filled in AW2)
~~Alexis: Commands forces which are to solidify PG's claim to an area. This entails eaither holding/defending a conquered region or bringing in forces to claim strategic areas so that Talyx, Cassidy, or Epoch can advance without fear of an enemy force from that area.
~~Epoch: Programmed to function as needed. Typically directs heavy vehicle assaults/blitzkrieg style raids
~~Cassidy: Typically directs battles which are drawn out and sustained for extended periods
~~Varlot: The director of all of Parallel Galaxy's supplies, both in acquisition and distribution. Leads attacks against high urban/high income regions. Also acts as PG's "diplomat" in some regions, intimidating the local forces into surrendering. Often works with the Bolt Guard or AC Mercs, who he has standing business relations with
For the most part, the AN will assume that it is Talyx who is truly leading PG until intel shows otherwise.

Finally, we get to the more shadowy section of Parallel Galaxy. These guys seems to answer to everyone and no one. They appear suddenly at the critical moments and disappear just as suddenly. They deserve a special name of some sort.
Graves: Directs forces in key encounters, typically with Thanatos, Falcone, or another DA CO. Rarely encountered alone, in which case he's leading a diversionary force or performing some crucial task. On good terms with Melanthe's faction in Black Hole
Thanatos: In charge of intellegence aquisition and distribution. Often leads quick scouting forces to gather info for a later attack or appears in large battles to strike at enemy's key intellegence.
This section of PG operates independently from the assualt forces.

Still also need to do a more in depth relation with Black Hole and the AC Mercs.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions? Flames?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:26 pm 

In my campaign, I had Talyx, Alexis, and Epoch showing up earlier on. Thanatos... I don't know, should he show up early on or late?

Also, I think Kosh wanted a weaker version of Levenworth who appears towards the end of the campaign (around the point where the nations have pushed the DA out of their mainlands) and a "Super Levenworth" for the final battles. Although I'm trying to create balanced stats for both.

Although it would be kind of ripping of Legend of Zelda if Super Levenworth were to be named Leven.

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:39 pm 

I'm wondering if I should move this to the standard campaign forum instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:13 am 

ChessRules wrote:
Thanatos... I don't know, should he show up early on or late?

He can do either.
Quote:
Often leads quick scouting forces to gather info for a later attack or appears in large battles to strike at enemy's key intellegence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:28 am 

Location: I keep walking around, I'll let you know if I settle down.
Retsej wrote:
I'm wondering if I should move this to the standard campaign forum instead.
I don't think so. Isn't this forum's purpose to be sure the plot is kept secretive? (SPOILERZ)

I'm never going to use a curse word on this forum ever again, effective 07/02/07 @ 14:25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:33 am 

It's there already for examination. Especially as this isn't final. I mean, I need to hear what the CM's have to think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:15 am 

A somewhat unrelated question: are we still having Falcone not appear until Napoleon takes command of Black Hole? And is Hawke acting as a BH "mole" in the Allied Nations or is he returning to BH, but pretending not to be the leader?

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis