It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:43 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: New YC Plot - First Draft
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:03 am 

So, after finding out that PG hasn't been around that long the YC plot was in need of a revamp as the story didn't work. After colaberating with Thrawn, we have a new version of it here and it's much more fully integrated with AC than it was before. this is written in shortened bullet points ( 'shortened', it's still rather long ;_; ) so it's not in flowing story form either. Lots of details have been summarised, for example the intro has been condensed to 1 bullet point, if you want more information check out the YC topic in the normal campaign forum. Note also that the rising of the rebellion isn't analysed as that's covered in the AC campaign, and we don't want repeated events in the campaigns, so it's already underway. Here it all is:

Quote:
Introduction & Phase 1: Investigations

- The AC rebellion gets underway when the introduction of the YC plot starts. This is the part where BH/PG try to steal the Spyplane designs from them. At this time, Yukio has just gained power over AC.
- Following this, AC and PG launch seemingly random and unrelated assaults across the country. This divides the COs and leaves only Kanbei and Sonja at HQ.
- Sensei tends to an AC attack at a rich port town and is met by Rattigan who’s also tailing them. Reluctantly, they team up. Grimm and Kiyobi tend to a PG force in the mountains.
- The HQ suffers a sudden air strike by PG and they demand they hand over Mr X. PG retreat but state that they’ll continue to attack unless Mr X is handed over.

Phase 2: The Allied Nations Conference

- The other COs return and with Rattigan in tow he informs Kanbei that an AC rebellion has arisen again in the same area as in the past – just like when his Father was emperor. Kanbei remembers that his Father made it clear to him that if a rebellion ever occurs in the future that he must protect that particular area. He never understood as it was the most run down area in the whole of YC…
- With this YC instigate a probe into Mr X’s presence, but there are in fact no historical records of Mr X ever being a YC citizen.
- As AC continues to attack to try and liberate, PG continues to demand that Mr X is handed over, the attacks are seen as completely unrelated. The AN conference approaches where Kanbei, Sonja and Sensei are required to go. Sonja is particularly anxious when the attacks lead by PG wear off as the conference gets closer. She has a feeling that there may be more to the attacks than meets the eye.
- With only the AC rebellion causing war in YC for the moment, it seems like a good idea to leave for the conference. Kanbei, Sonja and Sensei depart and leave Rattigan commanding against the AC rebellion with Grimm and Kiyobi as support.
- The conference COs travel through BM where they learn that BM is under heavy siege from PG and BH. The COs of each country unite and form an alliance against the DA. With YC’s arrival, the DA’s attacks suspiciously increase in potency – as though they’re forcing the YC COs to fight in BM.
- Meanwhile back in YC, what seems to be a common skirmish against AC, Kiyobi goes to defend. When he gets there he clashes with AC, but is shocked to find that PG enter the fight and side with AC. Kiyobi is captured by the enemy due to an overwhelming force.
- Afterwards the battles in BM wear thin again… Just like they had before which Sonja again picks up on. The YC and BM COs are then able to press on to the conference.

~ Interlude 1: The Allied Nations’ Conference ~

- At the conference the Idealists talk with YC and Sonja finally realises that these acts by the DA have been linked with those of AC all along and they’re in fact allies.
- Sensei puts 2 and 2 together and realises that he must reveal the secret of the past AC rebellion:

“All those years ago when the initial rebellion was at large, there were common air and naval battles around the area where the AC rebels lurked. A common occurrence however was that entire naval and air fleets would vanish into thin air with absolutely no trace. It happened for both sides, but YC didn’t know this about AC, nor did AC know it about YC. The rebellion was crushed and the YC deemed that area as highly dangerous, all trading routes were remapped to avoid it by the government, though the public were never told the exact reason why, not that they really minded. Keeping it in secrecy was vital for the country’s welfare as if an enemy were to uncover the ability of the area for vast armies to vanish without question, it could be used against YC. Sensei says that only Kanbei’s Father, himself and a former YC spy knew of the danger.”

- The commanders fathom PG’s overall plan, they realise that PG must have found out about this secret and hence the reason they have allied with AC. If they can assist AC in claiming that area, then AC will have a sense of trust in them, but with a superior force PG would be able backstab and crush AC then claim the land for themselves, along with the danger zone. Exactly what the past generation of YC officials were trying to prevent will have happened.
- Sabaki and Sonja cut a deal, if the AC Idealists help to clear the area of PG and the AC mercs, then the Idealists will be granted liberation of the AC area, forming their own country. Their purpose would be to carry on YC’s legacy and protect that area for all it’s worth, continuing to prevent its falling into enemy hands.

Phase 3: Revelations

- The armies head from the conference back to YC/AC.
- Once they return PG aren’t anywhere to be seen and they are enlightened of Kiyobi’s capture, YC run into the AC mercs a few times and enquire about Kiyobi. AC appear to have no idea what they’re talking about.
- With AC oblivious to any capture, YC realise PG are getting prepared to strike and have already started in their backstabbing process of AC, with this PG appear and Kiyobi’s in tow.
- PG reveal Sensei’s past. They tell how Sensei was actually the leader of the first AC rebellion, he was the one who initiated it and co-ordinated it. This prompts Sensei to tell his story:

“His own Son was killed in the rebellion, and afterwards he lost a lot of motivation for the cause, because of this AC inevitably lost, and at a catalysed speed due to their leader’s emotions. Sensei was captured by YC (Kanbei’s Father was the emperor at the time). With Sensei losing motivation, it was quite clear to YC that the reasons for the AC rebellion weren’t as concrete as once thought. With the leader beginning to show signs of remorse, they figured they could make use of such an experienced commander. However it couldn’t just be done on a whim, time needed to pass or the citizens would cause uproar if they found out YC had let in a former AC leader. Sensei was sent to the area of YC where the rebellion started, here he was to pose as a volcanologist for a period of time until it was safe to return as a commander. He took on a whole new identity as not to arouse suspicions of the townsfolk, until a decade later when he returned to the capital as a teacher, his first student being Kanbei.”

- PG demand they hand over Sensei, or YC will be forced to battle against Kiyobi and [PG CO]. PG have told Kiyobi they know the whereabouts of his parents who he believed were dead, and unless he fights they will kill them.
- Shino appears and tells Sensei he mustn’t hand himself over and must fight. They join up as a tag team.
- After the battle Kiyobi is returned to YC and Shino shines some light on the whole situation:

“Shino was the Emperor’s personal spy, and he was assigned the mission of protecting Sensei’s real identity over the course of the decade. They became close friends where Sensei tutored Shino in the art of war. During his research, Sensei found out that the area he was in had high levels of underwater volcanic activity, and without warning eruptions would regularly occur creating troughs in the ocean which in turn disrupted the air pressure above. As a result of this ships and planes in the blast zone would have little chance of surviving which is how entire squadrons of ships and planes simply vanished into thin air during the first rebellion. Once this was reported to the Emperor he acted by turning the surrounding land into the most poverty stricken area of YC, meaning that it was the least desirable area for invaders to capture, and would help keep the danger secret. Shino was assigned a new mission of maintaining this poverty as best he could, sabotaging trade coming in and out, causing destruction and fires, even going as far as assassinations. Although extreme, it would be far worse if anyone were to take over.

“He tells how PG somehow found out about the danger just recently and are planning to use it as a weapon, maybe even researching more into it and potentially releasing more volcanic activity at other locations across Wars World and creating more danger zones. Once they have prospered with AC, they’ll easily be able to crush them and take over the area for themselves. PG’s plan once they found out was to keep it secret themselves, but they knew of others in YC who were aware of what it could do. They figured they had to silence them, Sensei being their prime target and capturing Kiyobi meant they could use him as bait as he was the most vulnerable. Shino tells how they attempted to take him out on numerous occasions aswell, but failed each time. Now PG have retreated to that area to hopefully use it to their advantage, thinging they can dispose of YC and AC together.”

- With that YC move out to the danger zone for the final showdown.
- Here AC mercs realise that they’ve been puppets and that PG were planning to backstab them, a 3 way battle breaks out with PG vs YC vs AC mercs. The map will have active underwater volcanic activity and on those designated squares naval and air units will be destroyed, in a similar fashion to normal volcanos.

~ Interlude 2: Yellow Comet Prospers ~

Final Phase: BH and PG Defeated

Additional Points:

- PG find out Sensei is the one they seek when he mentions something during an encounter that he couldn’t have possibly known unless he had inside info on AC.
- When the COs return from the conference I’d like RC to show up here where YC can gain the hovercraft blueprints, this will be a good addition for the final battle.
- When PG tell Kiyobi they know where his parents are, they're in fact lying, but you'll do anything if it means saving your parent's life, and PG know this. That's how Kiyobi ends up fighting against Shino and Sensei with a PG CO as tag partner.
- Shino will appear on some occasions throughout the campaign (masked) and offer info. Or he could be doing secret tasks that help YC which the COs notice, but have no idea who their unknown ally is.
- Mr. X is a temorary place holder, until a proper name is decided on.
- In AWDS if you choose Sensei on Ring of Fire he mentions something like, "This takes me back to my days as a volcanologist." It's proven that he worked as a volcano researcher in his past and so this was the inspiration for making him research into the danger zone. I just wanted to point this out incase anyone says it conflicts with his history of being known as a 'legendary commander.'

There we go, if anyone has any objections to anything whether it be clashes or just the fact they don't like some bits please reply and explain. Also reply if you need YC for anything that isn't mentioned here and we'll try to work something out.

Last edited by Xaif on Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:22 am 

I am Thrawny and I approve of this message...

Except that it should be:

Quote:
Introduction & Phase 1: Investigations

- The AC rebellion gets underway when the introduction of the YC plot starts. This is the part where BH/PG try to steal the Spyplane designs from them.
- Following this, AC and PG launch seemingly random and unrelated assaults across the country. This divides the COs and leaves only Kanbei and Sonja at HQ.
- Sensei tends to an AC attack at a rich port town and is met by Rattigan who’s also tailing them. Reluctantly, they team up. Grimm and Kiyobi tend to a PG force in the mountains.
- At this time, Yukio has just gained power over AC.
- The HQ suffers a sudden air strike by PG and they demand they hand over Mr X. PG retreat but state that they’ll continue to attack unless Mr X is handed over.

Anyway, thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:41 am 

The CO that Sensei and Rattigan fight is one of the mercs though, and AC are already allied with PG at this time so if it were to happen afterwards, it wouldn't work chronologically would it? The last 3 points in the first paragraph happen almost simultaneously with each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:57 am 

Well, it will work if we start the campaigns at different times. Otherwise, I have no time to develop AC's position before I have to pull the trigger on Yukio's take over...

Besides, PG and Yukio ally themselves before Yukio actually takes over. And the Mercs are out fighting with the Idealists. It wouldn't be unusual for someone to fight against a Merc before Yukio takes over...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:21 am 

In a conversation with Kosh the other week we were saying that it would be difficult for AC's campaign to start at the same point as the others as it has to actually establish itself so it may be best that it starts before all of the others.

However if it's possible to battle mercs before Yukio comes into power then it could happen after. It's just the last three points are literally at the same time, as the COs are spread out and held up in their own tasks so Yukio's take over would have to happen before them or after them, not inbetween, but the with the Mr. X part it doesn't make sense to happen after so the takeover's probably best before it all. The intro last about 5 missions and after that is when the main plot kicks in, so if Yukio's takeover could take place during the intro that should give enough time for him to do so, and have the bits leading upto that part of the AC campaign just happen chronologically earlier than the beginning of Mission 1 of YC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:28 am 

Seems to work, but is the first AN conference even going to happen anymore? I seem to be the only one including it.

(Quick comment - I'll say more when I have more time)

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:31 am 

I don't know the specifics, but I thought that the first conference was only a few nations (OS and BM, mostly)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:15 am 

\\ Woah, that final battle sounds awesome.

If you don't make it awesome, i'll hurt you >_> \\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:41 am 

Sounds very cool, lots of intrigue. ^_^

Anyway, so why can't Zeke have a relationship Sensei again? From what I sounds like it's even more of a reason, perhaps Zeke even knows about it before the rest of them do. Can we work out a way to keep the Sensei tag?

[ ...While I work out his powers that is? ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:12 am 

Let's see... Sensei abandoned the rebellion that Zeke fought for and joined the other side while pretending to be dead...

That's a pretty good reason for a negative tag...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:43 am 

ThrawnFett wrote:
I don't know the specifics, but I thought that the first conference was only a few nations (OS and BM, mostly)...

Yeah me too, I figured it would just be OS, BM and GE, as I've always said that YC won't attend it. They're just too far away to get there while they have important matters to attend to. When they travel through BM and team up for a small section, they'll probably learn about what went on at the conference then. But doesn't a 1st conference need to happen anyway as isn't this where OS and BM's relationship starts to deteriate, then when the 2nd conference comes around it explodes?

Veggie wrote:
\\ Woah, that final battle sounds awesome.

If you don't make it awesome, i'll hurt you >_> \\

Lol, it'll hopefully be an epic battle, a 3 way campaign match hasn't been done before so it'll be interesting. And then with air and naval units vanishing if you get careless...

@FoX: Thrawn basically said it, Sensei is a traitor to AC, if anything he should have a negtag with most of them, especially the people high up the food chain (Yukio, Zeke, Sabaki and Ozzy). It would be fine for Zeke to tag with anyone else in YC as they sort their differences out and become allies, but with Sensei it's contradictory to ally with him... Unless you can think of a good reason otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:31 am 

Ok, then lets assume that Zeke doesn't know what Sensei did... And later in the campaign we have a Zeke vs Sensei mission when Zeke finds out. I can lower the Sensei tag until then though.

[ Oh, and do you know if I can have a named Ozzy tag? I kind of... need one. ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:00 pm 

FreeLance_FoX wrote:
[ Oh, and do you know if I can have a named Ozzy tag? I kind of... need one. ]

Rachel, Alexis, and Koshi have named tags with Ozzy. However, he doesn't tag with anyone in AC, so I really don't see why not...

ask ozzy though >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:17 pm 

I will, I will. I meant storyline reasons.