It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:08 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Random Thoughts about the Black Hole empire...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:51 pm 

Okay. Very little is known about Von Bolt, right? And he and his Bolt Guard were pretty much separate from the Black Hole empire, right?

Alrighty. I have several questions about Black Hole, all of which can have simple or complicated explanations:
1. Why did Black Hole attack Wars World? Does Wars World have any strategic significance?
2. Why did Sturm try to self-destruct the missile, effectively killing himself?
3. Just who is Von Bolt and his Bolt Guard?

Here's my answers to those questions:
1. No particular strategic significance... not that they know of, that is. Otherwise Sturm wouldn't have gone berserk and tried to destroy the planet.
2. Simple answer. Sturm's superiors don't tolerate failure, and that would've been an effective way of killing himself (where he'd be killed anyways) while killing the rest of his enemies as well.
3. The important one plotwise. I think Von Bolt was a Black Hole general or something, and hid on the planet when he found out that materials necessary to build Black Crystals/Obelisk were on Wars World. When Sturm was killed, he arrived "as reinforcements" and took control to prevent the empire from getting word of Sturm's failure while he used the crystals for himself.

Also, maybe Hawke and "old Black Hole" are trying to take control of Dready's mothership or some sort of interstellar comm device to notify them of Sturm's failure? Or would that have them all executed? Or he could avoid high command, acquire a new contingent of BH forces like Bolty did, and take control of the planet, then report his success to them, boosting him up the rank ladder? Or maybe he's trying to prevent them from reporting in too?

Enough about Hawke, though. Regardless, my point is that the main BH empire likely doesn't know about all this, otherwise they'd have replaced Sturm officially by now. What does everyone else think?

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:48 pm 

\\ Sturm is Von Bolt >_> \\

Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts about the Black Hole empire...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:50 am 

Location: I keep walking around, I'll let you know if I settle down.
ChessRules wrote:
2. Simple answer. Sturm's superiors don't tolerate failure, and that would've been an effective way of killing himself (where he'd be killed anyways) while killing the rest of his enemies as well.
Eh? I thought Sturm was the big cheese.

I'm never going to use a curse word on this forum ever again, effective 07/02/07 @ 14:25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:00 am 

The people don't know that.

Rimdev wrote:
Stealth Megatank?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:36 am 

Pyrranha wrote:
ChessRules wrote:

Why would the leader of an intergalactic empire go personally to invade a planet that has no capability of striking the empire itself?

I don't know, ask Silifi. I thought I remembered hearing that Sturm was a General/Higher than General as compared to the Black Hole COs...

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:16 am 

ChessRules wrote:
Pyrranha wrote:
ChessRules wrote:

Why would the leader of an intergalactic empire go personally to invade a planet that has no capability of striking the empire itself?

I don't know, ask Silifi. I thought I remembered hearing that Sturm was a General/Higher than General as compared to the Black Hole COs...

This is correct. Sturm is only one general in the greater Black Hole Army.

He came to Wars World under a very routine mission to take over a planet using as few resources as possible. Just before AW1, Sturm formed a small revolutionary group on Wars World which he intended to use to topple every nation and take over the world for the BH Empire.

This failed, obviously, and the first Black Hole Army disbanded into three main sections: the sections which Sturm believed had performed well, a small section, became the current Black Hole Army. That's mostly just the current BH COs and some lower-ranking people that served under them. The second section was a section in which he killed and used in experiments (mostly performed by Lash) while he prepared for the AW2 invasion.

The third section is the section which split off, lead by Talyx. Talyx basically escaped before Sturm could do anything to them, bringing along with him people who had believed in Sturm's pretended idealism leading up to the war. These people formed Parallel Galaxy by using stolen BH military resources to take over a small country.

Before AW2, Sturm and Lash constructed a system of transporting alien troops from across the galaxy to Wars World, allowing them to stage the AW2 invasion, and all subsequent invasions involving the BH army use these transported troops.

As for the questions...

1. Wars World is basically just like any other world. The Black Hole Empire expanded all across the galaxy to basically every habitable planet, with the goal of exterminating most lifeforms there, each time with varying levels of success. So far, many of the native species have survived even after Black Hole "won" the war, basically becoming slaves. Some of them have been able to take over strategic resources. It's these freed native species that form the part of the BH Empire that Parallel Galaxy is apart of.

But other than that, no strategic significance. It's just more resources.

2. Sturm tried to destroy Wars World by killing himself because he wanted to make sure than his enemies would lose: since there were many Black Hole operatives all over the place, and the explosion would dismantle opposition armies, it would essentially hand Wars World over to the next general who came to conquer it.

3. Von Bolt was a Black Hole general in other areas during AW2 (mainly Omega Land) who filled the power vaccuum after Sturm died. He was essentially equal with Hawke, but amongst the human bureaucrats (who occupy the BH mainland and manage BH's resources) he was seen as more loyal to Black Hole.

Of course, Von Bolt had just found out what he needed to do in order to gain power for himself, so he wasn't really loyal to Black Hole, just using it for self-gain. The Bolt Guard is essentially a group of people who is loyal to Von Bolt personally. Kindle shares a vested interest in Von Bolt's goals, Koal and Jugger are loyal to Kindle, and Ember owes them loyalty for allowing her to fight. Of course, after the Bolt Guard collapses, this loyalty ends up with Kindle.

Since you mentioned it, Hawke has no interest in contacting the rest of the Wars World Empire, and they probably have some degree of knowledge.

However, since they're not in much of a position to do anything, with humans (BH or otherwise) tightly controlling all of the portals into Wars World, and with no physical closeness, they are probably planning something but not doing anything, because Hawke is the one with all the cards.

Which brings us to Hawke's mission. I haven't quite decided it, but somehow, Hawke wants to gain power. He won't go through PG because then Talyx ends up on top with Hawke as only a minor role in the end-game after the Allied Nations are defeated. Hawke does, however, want the same thing PG wants: a human-dominated world that is apart of the greater Black Hole Empire.

Which basically makes Hawke the only idealist in Black Hole. Everyone else is motivated by loyalty (orig. BG minus Kindle) sadism (Adder, Lash, Melanthe, Ember) a pursuit of power (Napolean, Kindle) or some combination of the three. (Falcone) Hawke wants power, like Napolean and Kindle, but he has a specific goal that is noble and idealistic in his mind, much like Parallel Galaxy does.

Quote:
[19:46] Shane: Jim Morrison is hot

S= -.03 (V-21)^2 +12
Where S is Helen's score and V is votes cast.
A vote for Dark Matter is a vote for Fecal Matter.