It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:10 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: JC Campaign - Kosh is tired; but up to the second conference
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:11 am 

Basic JC Outline: Written by Kosh in an graceful mod d'bus:

1) Introduction of units and COs, part 1.
Veggie and I have been talking for a little, and we decided that we want JC to start slightly later [like GE mission 5], and we'd like to have the introduction set up in this way:
JC is a new country just recently accepted into the AN and GE's COs (Peter included...just pick a number, Frosty. Just make it like 3 COs rather than 2; because this is practically setting up a new country <_<) come to overlook/supervise the militarization. This is where the hovercraft [and zeppelins] can be introduced for both armies. The player's armies switch each mission; each introducing their military technology and then basic skirmishes, so the player becomes acquainted with the Jade Cosmos COs. After this, the Green Earth military bids them farewell and sets course back to their homeland once everything is stable in the modernized Jade Cosmos military.
I still need Frosty's approval on this, I just came up with this now. Javier, Jess, and one other CO [doesn't matter who is sent, Peter should probably go for the sake of approval from a legit commander.

2) Introduction to COs, part 2.
Here's where the younger COs of Jade Cosmos are introduced. This part is rather brief, and during this the dialogue switches to first-person narratives.
a) Carrie.
Here the player is introduced to more advanced tactics, learning tactics usually found on AWBW using the AW1 and AW2 units. This will be done on a Famicom Wars tileset as this is a simulation; in fact it's a videogame. The menu layout and everything will change but it will be modernized for the sake of not losing the player completely. The interface will purposely seem a bit clunky. Here in Famicom Wars, there are no COs to speak of; so Carrie will be facing Samus [who is actually Koshi over an Internet connection as an anonymous player] Once these are done, the narrative switches to
b) Koshi.
Not so much spoken, this is actually a movie of sorts. Here, we get an understanding of the underlying plot and a firsthand view of what's at hand. Koshi is posting on a messageboard and uses this as sort of a "blog" of sorts -- throughout the campaign, this is actually how things are recorded a la Rachel's journal in AWDS, but with a little more punch and..."humor" you could say. You'll see Japanese emoticons and some phrases [mostly emoticons, all slang and language will be localized, and I'm getting too much detail into a minor thing. Shortly after his first posting and reading some of the replies to the thread, his roomate ...
c) Eniac.
...Eniac comes and and exchanges dialogue with Koshi before having another battle with the FCW interface - this time it blends the old with the new. Here will be the player's introduction to Fog of War, which really doesn't appear until later parts of the campaign. After this battle, the new recruits are called to [the headquarters] before the next sequence takes place.

3) Northern Shore Invasion.
A distress signal is sent, alerting the JC COs of a snowballing invasion on the northern shore of Jade Cosmos. This is where CO Powers and Super CO Powers are introduced -- this is roughly 4 missions long. Tagging is also introduced here, and the last mission in this sequence is a dual-screen battle with a naval battle at the top controlled by the CPU. This is also where the CO's unique abilities begin to show.

4) Western Invasion.
The last few battles were actually used to lure the JC COs to another part of their country. Taking advantage of the fact that the Jade Cosmos military is inexperienced, they were able to predict that JC would rush its military power to one side of the nation. It was planned that Parallel Galaxy would then go in and disable the land's energy sources one by one to weaken their newly-established alternatives of power. In a hurry, the Jade Cosmos COs scramble to fight off Parallel Galaxy in a series of battles, including the Oil Spill and Pipeshocker maps seen below. In this series of maps, Eagle and Drake arrive with troops to back the steadily-weakening Jade Cosmos military.

5) The Last Straw.
While this is happening, once again correct with precision Jade Cosmos has the rug pulled out from under itself when AC mercenaries invade from the south as a final blow to the Jade Cosmos military. Unable to fight off the three militaries, the nation of Jade Cosmos is cornered into a losing situation. This eventually leads to the fall of Jade Cosmos and the capture of one of the JC COs who briefly fight against the other nations against their will.

Interlude 1 - Allied Nations Conference
As JC is slowly being taken over and a secondary base for the Dark Alliance, the JC delegates appear at the Allied Nations Conference to discuss their situation, while at the time seeking the assistance of these nations as well. However, most of the nations have their hands full, so to speak, so it's up to the COs to hatch a plan to take back their nation.

6) Taking Back Cosmos, Part 1.
While Walter and Adam have gone to represent JC at the conference, the remaining Jade Cosmos COs, seeking refuge aboard a GE cruiser for the time being have been planning nonstop, with an attempt to come up with a plan to take back their nation. Clearly their economy and their source of power has diminished and the JC military only has limited resources as a result...however, Green Earth intelligence alerts the COs of JC that a new officer has stepped foot in the country who has been identified only as "Miss Green" - according to intel, what is referred to as her "botanical weapons" have a side effect of refertilizing once barren land. Koshi throws down the idea that if they've got someone who's capable of revitalizing the soil of Jade Cosmos, that it would be a good idea to distract her from her priorities and "play matador" for a bit, setting up traps to keep her in the JC desert. As farfetched of an idea as it sounds, the other COs agree that it might be the best course of action for the time being.
Koshi is sent first to supervise the plan of effectively "trapping" Melanthe within the desert as the other COs militarize and get ready to stall Melanthe as she travels their land, tempting her in an effect to make her "fertilizer" do its work on the soil. The plan is a success- Melanthe's troops are trapped within the desert.

6) Taking Back Cosmos, Part 2.
As their plan is a success, a now annoyed Melanthe decides to shift her sites on a new target: Ember and Parallel Galaxy, those who are responsible for such ecological disasters. As Melanthe arrives to the first whereabout in an attempt to take action, she realizes that she's heavily outnumbered by the number of PG troops now stationed within Jade Cosmos. Waiting for their land to return to its normal state, Amy, Carrie, and the others follow in hot pursuit, knowing the conditions Melanthe would be in beforehand. The COs arrive with their army in tow, eager to assist Melanthe in her fight against Parallel Galaxy. Melanthe resists at first, but then is able to sympathize with the JC COs and so begins the first steps in ridding of PG occupation within Jade Cosmos. The next few battles focus on battling Ember and members of the PG army, while simultaneously Green Earth focuses of breaking the PG naval blockade shutting JC out from outside trade.

Interlude 2 - Victory on the Horizon?
After some time, JC has finally liberated themselves from their aggressors and so a large reconstruction phase occurs with the hopes of soon getting JC back to its once-prosperous state. However, during the reconstruction phase the JC COs discover that the chamber of their royal palace is in ruins - and the material used to make the royal chambers has dissapeared...

Why on earth did they leave the rest of the building intact but take only what they needed?
As soon as this question arises, a young child (of the royal family, as a matter of fact) stumbles upon a small patch of green crystals in the courtyard of the palace - not only is the courtyard fake, but there's an extremely abundant amount of the material under there, that's for sure.

History of the "Royal Cosmos"

When explorers, presumably from olde Green Earth territory first arrived in Jade Cosmos, they we impressed by the sights they had seen - a flourishing civilization of natives, with lavish green landscapes and breathtaking scenes. However, once discovered by the natives, what they had thought was a friendly exchange turned out to be the end for them. When lead to the most prominent village of Cosmos, which was unusually barren except for the rather large multiple-occupancy houses that were present, it was arranged that they would meet the ruler of the Jade Empire. This ruler, Raan Jmel'jyk was rumored to be a god, who has ruled the civilization for over two hundred years and his people, those who lived around him were the rich and the fortunate of the nation, able to boast of their increased life expectancy and the strongest, fastest men of their nation. However, they were notoriously known as a bloodthirsty people, even to other Jade Cosmos native, rumored to be grossly depicted as cannibals who wear their meal's bones as jewelry pieces. Historians have no real proof to back the last statement up but evidence does show that the entire crew was never heard from again.

In a matter of months, ships began to appear on the coastlines of the Cosmos shore in great numbers - the nation of Green Earth had brought military force this time around with the intent to claim the land of the Cosmos as their own. Within days, the once-prominent village was ransacked and the ruler overthrown. Rumor has it that as soon as the "god" had died the second he stepped foot outside of his village. The remaining people of the Jade Cosmos nation were enslaved and the new Green Earth citizens began to set up their villages and fields in an attempt to harvest the land.
However, the history books state that once the general who ordered the invasion of Cosmos entered the quarters of the formal ruler, he was awestruck by the beauty of the lavish, green mineral that composed a good number of his quarters and had a change of heart, ordering the ruler's quarters be left standing as-is. This spot is where the foundation of the future Kings of Cosmos were to reside: in this royal chamber, made of the mineral to be known only as "The Cosmos Spire". Over time, the newly named "Royal Cosmos" seeked independence from their Green Earth heritage, and it was not until modern day, in fact until before the war started that the Green Earth Commander-in-Chief Peter suggested that they name themselves the nation of "Jade Cosmos" to "keep with the modern, constantly changing world", after the tint of the mineral that was used to make a great percentage of the royal chamber.

Back to the present
This rediscovered mineral was dubbed "Jade Spire", and was immediately researched by the world's most renowned scientists, in the hopes of figuring out why the Spire was "so important" to the Dark Alliance. It was eventually found after sleepless nights of research that the mineral in question bore almost the same properties as the "Black Crystals" used in the previous Omega Land war.
These crystals are taken to the second AN conference and the JC delegates run the idea by the other nations. Almost immediately AC, YC and OS turn it down, stating that they wouldn't "dare think about using enemy technology for once second". They further push the envelope and OS finally splits the room in half, pulling up dirt on JC, going as far to make the accusation that the JC invasion was staged and that the PG invasions were simply used to stall as "JC and BH were working out business deals" using the JC-Melanthe battles to base their assumptions that JC and the DA are in cahoots. The JC delegates then become so outraged that they immediately pack up and leave the conference, threatening to secede from the AN. GE and BM, however are silent during this entire fracas, as they remain neutral during the argument.
Olaf, however changes his plans to take a detour to JC as he's got some ideas up his sleeve to save his nation...

and now i present veggie's maps

veggiehunter wrote:
Western Invasion wrote:
PipeShocker Mini Series wrote:
Oil Spill Map:
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2834/oilspillle1.png
JC find an oil spill, or toxic waste,r or something, that PG have been pumping into the sea. They send out a small naval landing fleet, using a nearby island to stage the attack. To stop off the waste, they must capture the pipestation.

PipeShocker Map:
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5179/pipeshcokermapsdh3.png
Following the pipeline north, to find out what was producing the waste, they find a pipeshocker, which has most of your starting bases covered. Destroying pipe seams lets you use some, and the main aim is to destory the pipeshocker. Possibly move onto the actual thing that was producing the watse (as the pipeshocker can't).

Terra Aqua Vento wrote:
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5557/jc3terraaquaventonx7.png
Parallel Galaxy set up a HQ mere miles away from the Jade Cosmos capital. Amy won't settle fo' no shit from dem, so with Green Earth reinforcements, her and Drake take command of the Jade Cosmos army, while Eagle takes control of Green Earth.

Final Front wrote:
Bottom Screen:
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8444/bottoscreenfinalrm6.png
Final map, but you don't know it. You start off with JC, GE and BM sparring off with a reasonable sized PG force, which puts up a little resistance.

After destroying them, the map enlargens, to show the whole map, and the top screen comes into play. AC are beign controlled by the bad guys, with PG very slowly makign there way towards you (in no way could you survive their army). They also have hideous amounts of inventions. After trigger y, AC change sides and start attacking PG, which by now has been crippled (probably by occurrnces on top screen). then, all 4 armies destory PG.

Top Screen:
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5033/topfrontfinalgz2.png
OS and YC close in on the BH base, with the gates being undestroyable until you capture the com towers nearby. Destorying the base somehow cripples PG on the bottom screen, as well as destroying BH on the top screen.

Skirmishes wrote:
Switch Round:
http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/3175/jc1switchroundpe1.png
BH attack, JC (OS atm) have to secure their base, and then destroy the BH outpost. No actual plot line atm.

Chuckling Stiffs:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4360/jc2chucklingstiffom1.png
JC attack a DA air convoy, and then take out the base they were heading to.

Kosh has a few ideas for maps too.
Island Hopping Map wrote:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4518/mapplansg6.png
The DA leads JC into, well, something. It's an FOW map with plenty of island-hopping WHICH SHOULD BE EASY WITH HELP OF HOVERS. But the DA has a spyplane and stuff so they're gonna see you :P
Also, those little pepper dots are units, slightly exaggerated, those random squares are properties, whatever. I'll make it look nicer when I feel like it.

Last edited by Veggie on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:05 am 

zzanga

I abused Veggie's post to include my basic outline of the events of the JC campaign up to the first Allied Nations Conference.

I need...well, OS, YC, BM, and GE's approval on one thing, and GE's approval on the introduction. FACE IT YOU KNOW IT WORKS <_<

I already can't wait for all the infighting in the DA to begin <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 am 

Which AN conference is this? The one with the Crystals, or the first one with the discussion? If it's the first, then Jared would leave a lot later, during the mid 2nd third of the campaign. If not, then it works. I could have a mission or so where BM offers JC support; I already have Olaf take a detour there...

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:42 am 

I need to know a few things before I approve the introduction:

1) Can the GE COs appear by mission...2/3? GE is being busy with PG until our mission 6, your mission 2. After that I can send Peter and Conrad. The Eighth CO that will still be approved will stay on GE and protect it.

2) GE's mission 7 is Joey going to JC to deliver the plans and get the hovercraft's plans. Do you think he can stay and help JC, or do you really need Javier and Jess?

Javier and Jess will be part of Mission 9, the last mission against BH, so I can't send them until your mission 6, which is probably too late.

Long Story Short. If you need exactly Javier and Jess...you will have to wait some time (until your mission 6). If not, I can send Peter, Conrad on your mission 2/3 and GE's outline already plans to have Joey knocking on your doors with Zep's plans by GE's mission 7, so we can join my mission 7 with your mission 3 if you want to, or just make him participate on your mission 4. After everything is estabilized, they would come back to GE and Eagle and Drake would go help JC on the next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:35 am 

Chess: That AC conference is the first one. I just kinda used Jared's departure in there because I needed some scenario where it's "someone leaves and JC loses some of its ground so it gets invaded". Kinda like how when you were a kid and mom turned the lights off during a sleepover, you'd wait until she was down the hall before you started jumping on the bed again. XD I kinda had this feeling I made that event way too early, for some reason...

CO_Frosty wrote:
I need to know a few things before I approve the introduction:

1) Can the GE COs appear by mission...2/3? GE is being busy with PG until our mission 6, your mission 2. After that I can send Peter and Conrad. The Eighth CO that will still be approved will stay on GE and protect it.

2) GE's mission 7 is Joey going to JC to deliver the plans and get the hovercraft's plans. Do you think he can stay and help JC, or do you really need Javier and Jess?

Javier and Jess will be part of Mission 9, the last mission against BH, so I can't send them until your mission 6, which is probably too late.

Long Story Short. If you need exactly Javier and Jess...you will have to wait some time (until your mission 6). If not, I can send Peter, Conrad on your mission 2/3 and GE's outline already plans to have Joey knocking on your doors with Zep's plans by GE's mission 7, so we can join my mission 7 with your mission 3 if you want to, or just make him participate on your mission 4. After everything is estabilized, they would come back to GE and Eagle and Drake would go help JC on the next time.

1) Simple: We can make JC campaign start on your mission 6. Problem solved. :E The beginning is a lot of dialogue followed by those battles.

2) Solution here: JC will give the hovercraft plans to GE upon visiting and GE can say "We were supposed to have Joey deliver the plans...Joey, where the hell is Joey?" etc. and Joey rushes in with the plans. Here we can have Joey try out the zeppelin (or whoever) and then stabilizated, etc.

<_< lol a problem can simply be fixed by starting the mission...later in the timeline, lol. If we were to have a mission 1...well damn, we can just throw in a quick Amy/Walter skirmish to fill that time in to get the super-basics..."this is how you move the cursor"...

>_____>;;

so yeah, everything falls into place, really... <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:49 am 

I am also doing a "lol this is how you move a cursor" mission as well, so it is a good idea <_<.

Well, everything falls well, Peter and Conrad will arrive on mission 2 and Joey will arrive with the zeppelin plans on either day 3 or 4, your choice and after phase 1 of your campaign (that I need to know how many missions it will have <_<) the three will go back to GE and Eagle and Drake would go to JC sometime later.

Yeah, sounds nice. It works better than I thought..It even gave me the idea for the mission thatwill introduce Mr 8th GE CO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:01 am 

Okay, I'm just showing off here,

BUT OH MY GOD FUCKING :UGSAPIJUGW

ZOMG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:51 pm 

Which JC COs will be attending the first conference?

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:23 pm 

LANDLOCKED CARRIER!

You're either completely oblivious, or the greatest actor in the world.

For the sake of my sanity I'm hoping the second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:18 am 

legoman727 wrote:
LANDLOCKED CARRIER!

GOT A PROBLEM WITH 'EM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:49 am 

veggiehunter wrote:
legoman727 wrote:
LANDLOCKED CARRIER!

GOT A PROBLEM WITH 'EM?

YEAH! DON'T MAKE ME GET SARUMARINE ON YOUR ASS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:20 am 

Actually Lego, speaking of things on our ass, you had a thing that you wanted to do with Carrie in the OS campaign; and it involved Jade Cosmos' capturing of Sami...or something along those lines. A big confusion, whatever it was.

...think you could run that by us again so I could get to writing the rest of the campaign? <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:06 am 

That was actually my idea originally; however, I'm not entirely sure it was necessary now (or maybe it could be a different OS CO, like Max or something). Basically, JC gets the crystals, the AN as a whole refuse to use them, Olaf goes to JC to ask for the crystals, gets rejected, an OS CO arrives investigating the crystals and attacks to try and destroy them, Olaf holds them off. With some advocating from Jared, JC gives/sells BM some of the crystals

The capture isn't necessary, but it certainly makes things more interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:31 am 

Get on MSN, Kosh, and IM me. We can talk then, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:22 am 

I realized this just now as I sat down to do some mapping/dialogue work for early JC

You take far too long to get the game rolling. Taking a look at this, you have two missions to introduce new units, then 'basic tactics', then, uh, four missions for the introduction to powers and super powers.

So, uh, let's treat the player as if they're semi-intelligent. Cursor movement, button usage, powers, superpowers, can be explained in a manual, or, failing that, simply one mission to lay out the basics, then another for FOW, and one more for 'new units'.

The order is also a bit funky. For the first segment it should be:
1) Carrie playing the super realistic online war game: "Crisis Commando! Now with authentic Commanding Officers!" against Samus, introducing basic play mechanics.

2) Samus...is a guy?! The viewpoint flips to Koshi, who plays another game with Fog of War and, probably, tag powers.

Interlude Koshi writes about the army, the founding of JC, etc. He mentions how GE is helping them set up and the viewpoint shifts to

3) Walter, with the GE group, who introduces a bunch of "completely automated new units", which we can screw around with and destroy.

4)The real campaign begins! With real maps, now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:28 pm 

ff i'm run out of steam for tonight, but I do have the entire plans for the campaign sans the actual missions written out in a notebook...I just...kinda ran out of steam tonight.
I added the part where JC takes back the country and most of the second interlude - which is the second conference. An extraordinarily long cutscene appears in this part, describing the origins of the crystals as it's *not exactly* the same as the Black Crystals yet it's what BH was in pursuit of, thus giving them a reason to invade Jade Cosmos. However, they only have a limited amount and upon the second conference, when the "Jade Spire" is introduced to the delegates the AN believes that there's some shady business going on with JC - the fact that they backed up Melanthe didn't really help either, so they spend the next part of the mission gaining face as they're steadily losing trade partners.

then olaf comes and says "hey gimme ur crystals"
and so the classic Olaf-steals-ur-jewels fare occurs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:44 pm 

Basically:

AN: "Hey, where did you get yon crystals?"
JC: "We had them for a while. Yeah."
AN: "Liar liar, you're going to be made obsolete by Olaf."
JC: "wut"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:47 pm 

Hey, since GE saved your arses from doom and despair a couple times, we get those crystals for free and without hostilities, right? <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:56 pm 

Maybe. If BM manages to strike up an alliance, then it's pretty likely the crystals will go three ways (BM, JC and GE, which seems good but eats up missions 25-30....hm) thus...yes, we have a BM/JC/GE alliance a.k.a. the Jade Pact >_>

If Olaf doesn't manage to strike up the idea of an alliance, then JC will probably be hostile about giving up the crystals because in ancient JC history the GE occupant's greed allowed them to sap the sources of power (har har) from JC's people using the crystals to make themselves superior to the natives...and god forbid that happens again, you know? .-.

lol ingame politics

so yeah, pardon my exhortion XD
but the one thing I want to have though is a final mission that looks/plays different than GE's or BM's and (maybe) not the same map; let's say when following JC's footsteps the dialogue changes and they're lead to a different whereabouts for a truly varied final mission map.

If that's doable then I'm game for anything you guys throw at me - personally I'd say the Jade Pact thing would be the best course of action, as that allows the three nations to work together on maps, but maybe have different main objectives. Sort of like what Chess' currently written campaign says but with a little more freedom for the campaign creator's part and more ingame variety for the player <_<

i dunno i'm throwing ideas out here >_>

jade pact also shaves 5 missions of planning to do XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:02 pm 

A pact between the three sounds fine. From what I've read of the other campaign outlines, OS and AC would be actively trying to stop BH and the Jade Pact at the same time, while BM is more concerned about driving out BH from their continent before BH's crystals drain everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:41 am 

I actually finished up to the end of the second conference.
Next up comes the final leg of the campaign which involves inner-AN drama but I'm not sure how to have this effectively diffused and just have JC putting PG on the defensive <_<