It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:42 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: PG Campaign Storyline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:00 am 

Rough Draft and tentative plot

1. PG attacks and due to their superior tactics and technology, are able to overwhelm the numerically stronger Allies. The alliance with BH doesn't hurt, but there is animosity between some BH and PG Co's.

2. The Allies, by capturing some of PG's tech, are able to maintain a temporary standstill. Julia and some other CO's have to deal with some "uprisings" in captured areas.

3. Hawke returns to aid the allies with a veritable army of troops. This creates chaos among the DA, and with Falcone and Mel joining Hawke, combined with Graves's betrayal, this gives the AN the chance to fight back, pushing back on the PG controlled territories.

4. Dreadnought enters the fray, his satellites rain destruction down on many of the AN armies, causing devastation. Some of the AN resort to using the crystals to combat dreadnought. Right before Dread can pull off a final blow, the AN begin launching missiles (mission to save Dreads satellites from complete destruction).

5. With the end of that, Hawke attacks the crippled Allies, easily overcoming their forces with his seemingly infinite power. Dread's satellites, heavily damaged, need a new power source, but none known exist. Until the traitor Graves, having double crossed Hawke, returns to PG with the location of Von Bolt's chair, the source of Hawke's power. The tattered DA must decide whether to trust Graves, for it could easily be a trap. All the forces converge upon the chair and the final battles begin.

Comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:15 am 

Yeah... I don't know what's going on with Von Bolt's chair. That was from the first boards, and I'm unsure whether it's still on (although it works as a plot point). IIRC, the Overarching Storyline called for the rift between BH and PG to happen because PG felt BH was causing far too much collateral damage in their areas under Kindle's command (seeing as if the destruction continued and the DA won the war, there would be a war between BH and PG anyways, and with so much collateral damage PG would be left having to expend resources to use a dying world, the last thing they want since Dreadnaught came here for the resources and the land to relocate his people), and Hawke actually reunites the two factions by having Graves oust Kindle from BH.

A few questions:

1. Does Dreadnaught have a mothership of sorts? (That's what I planned for, anyways, for the mothership to be the target rather than the satellites.)

2. Where does Levenworth figure into all this?

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:21 am 

ChessRules wrote:

1. Does Dreadnaught have a mothership of sorts? (That's what I planned for, anyways, for the mothership to be the target rather than the satellites.)

Yes. I don't know how I'm going to use it, yet, although it will be a key part of part 4, although the specifics aren't clear to me yet.

ChessRules wrote:
2. Where does Levenworth figure into all this?
Still trying to decide that, although he should appear as a CO during part 4 and 5.

Allow me to be the first to say that it's really rough around the edges, but it's not set in stone. More like set in play-doh at the moment.

Graves, by virtue being aligned to both PG and Hawke, will have to betray one or the other. Unless I have the wrong idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:59 am 

Is the motive behind PG's assault "LOL world domination and stuff!" or do they actually have a meaningful motive? It would be nice if we could come up with a meaningful reason why PG has induced war across the whole of Wars World and not simply because they wanted to rule the world, or that their leader was doing it for personal reasons.

For example, PG really don't have any beef with YC and get caught up in the whole YC thing due to AC. AC are YC's main enemy in the campaign, however PG ally with AC and thus their paths cross. With that, if PG actually only had deep motives against OS, BM and GE it may be easier to come up with a meaningful and genius plot if they originally started out against only 3 of the countries and never intended to fight with the others. YC get caught up in it due to AC and maybe JC due to their ties with GE. Or it could be the other way around? JC are on the verge of losing their country at the start of the campaign, then GE came in to save them - that could cause GE to get wound up in it all if they weren't originally intended to. So instead of having motives with OS, BM and GE, it's OS, BM and JC, then GE is brought into the war unintentionally making it all 5 ANs along with the DA and AC.

I'm not suggesting changing PG's personality though, they should stay the way they are - ruthless and not bothered about war and death, just I don't really want it to simply be another "we want to rule the world for the hell of it" plot. That's BH's job.

If we are to go with that mothership idea, maybe for it to actually land, the correct infrastructure needs to be set up. Something like a triangular zone set up like a gateway or something, with each point residing in a seperate country of OS, BM and JC? Giving a reason for them to attack only those 3 initially? The chair's energy could be required to open this gate or something. If Dreadnaught's not from their planet or something he surely can't just enter with no problems, something like this would need to be set up. Maybe. Is he from another dimension?

Lol, this post is basically just a brainstorm so it should probably be taken with a pinch of salt. Those are just my thoughts and maybe we can bounce some ideas around, and please excuse my ignorance of PG's current form as I literally know nothing of their plot and motives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:00 pm 

Kaolla and I came up with something like this as a base:

Dreadnaught wants:

1. To relocate his people to Wars World.
2. Afterwards, to build up the Parallel Galaxy army into a force ready to stand up to and destroy the Black Hole empire and replace it with a fairer PG empire.

He's already landed an advance force that has made contact with dissident factions (Former BH divisions and COs, former GE factions who lost the civil war, BM partisans who still support the AW1 plan of Manifest Destiny, etc.) To do this, he'll need to induce a war that allows him to conquer both the AN and the BH forces at once. He sees how the AN are constantly warring either with each other or against Black Hole. Obviously, he can't just ask politely for them to allow his species to land; that would accomplish goal 1, but with Wars World's population under different countries (and obviously, the AN would refuse to conscript pretty much everyone to make a stand against BH), means that when the BH empire hears of this failure, Wars World would be doomed when the empire sends reinforcements.

So Dreadnaught and Talyx, hiding their true motives, sets up a strategic alliance with the Black Hole empire. Dreadnaught believes that his ends justify his means; when the alliance breaks early on (before Hawke and Napoleon reestablish it), it's for strategic reasons rather than altruistic. BH's collateral damage under Kindle would hamper Dready's true motives of building an army to hold out against Imperial reinforcements.

Think we should do something like that?

The OS, BM, and JC thing is interesting, though. We could look into that further. For more of my thoughts, look in the "Congrats guys" topic.

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Last edited by ChessRules on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:34 pm 

Xaif wrote:
Is the motive behind PG's assault "LOL world domination and stuff!" or do they actually have a meaningful motive? It would be nice if we could come up with a meaningful reason why PG has induced war across the whole of Wars World and not simply because they wanted to rule the world, or that their leader was doing it for personal reasons.

For example, PG really don't have any beef with YC and get caught up in the whole YC thing due to AC. AC are YC's main enemy in the campaign, however PG ally with AC and thus their paths cross. With that, if PG actually only had deep motives against OS, BM and GE it may be easier to come up with a meaningful and genius plot if they originally started out against only 3 of the countries and never intended to fight with the others. YC get caught up in it due to AC and maybe JC due to their ties with GE. Or it could be the other way around? JC are on the verge of losing their country at the start of the campaign, then GE came in to save them - that could cause GE to get wound up in it all if they weren't originally intended to. So instead of having motives with OS, BM and GE, it's OS, BM and JC, then GE is brought into the war unintentionally making it all 5 ANs along with the DA and AC.

I'm not suggesting changing PG's personality though, they should stay the way they are - ruthless and not bothered about war and death, just I don't really want it to simply be another "we want to rule the world for the hell of it" plot. That's BH's job.

If we are to go with that mothership idea, maybe for it to actually land, the correct infrastructure needs to be set up. Something like a triangular zone set up like a gateway or something, with each point residing in a seperate country of OS, BM and JC? Giving a reason for them to attack only those 3 initially? The chair's energy could be required to open this gate or something. If Dreadnaught's not from their planet or something he surely can't just enter with no problems, something like this would need to be set up. Maybe. Is he from another dimension?

Lol, this post is basically just a brainstorm so it should probably be taken with a pinch of salt. Those are just my thoughts and maybe we can bounce some ideas around, and please excuse my ignorance of PG's current form as I literally know nothing of their plot and motives.

My take (but only mine and not the final):

The motive of Parallel Galaxy is rather simple. The four dominant countries have a history rife with turmoil. Look at the Orange Star/Blue Moon War. The History of Yellow Comet. The (more recent) Amber Corona. Now, look at the Black Hole invasions. In such a short time span Black Hole appeared a nearly shattered the nations. Only united did they stand a chance, and even now, it's a mockery of a unified coalition, with armies led by those who seem to be the embodiment of incompetence. It is not an alliance that is doomed to fail, it is failing. A true, pure source of power and stability, free of the petty squabbles that have plagued Wars world is need. The time to strike is now, with the nations already weary from war. Yes, lives will be lost and damage will be done, but we have the technology to repair damage and any lives lost in this struggle will surely be outnumbered by the lives which will be spared if the current system is maintained. It is time to unite under a single banner, a banner to encompass the entire world under a single nation. Parallel Galaxy.

...hmmm... I think a got a little too enthusiastic there. Any other takes? This is still a brainstorm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:46 pm 

The way I see it, that would be Talyx's primary motivation and Dreadnaught's secondary motivation. Levenworth, though? IIRC, ee starts out small and works his way up the command structure (see "congrats guys" for how I think it would happen), but he has to have a motivation. Hm... I had an idea...

While Dreadnaught sees this war as saving more lives in the end, Levenworth is in it for the progression of humanity. Even though he outwardly appears to be quite meek, Levenworth wants humanity to gain the technologies that Dreadnaught brought with him for the invasion. Levenworth is trying to see even farther ahead than even Dreadnaught when it comes to long-term benefits, and as he gains power in the Parallel Galaxy command structure, his ideas become increasingly dangerous. I'm not sure what his ending motive would be, though; maybe his successes get to his head and he starts to think that the serum he's developing could enhance all of humanity and make them superhuman...

Ok, kind of cliche, but I can't think of anything else for Levenworth right now. What do you think?

In any case, we'd better not name his boss form Leven. :ph43r: