It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:41 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: The Map
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:21 am 

We really need to decide on a world map to start progressing in the campaign. DA COs are a little spread out and appear at different places sometimes with very little time between events. For this to be believable, the distance between the said places can't be huge.

Additionally we need to know where countries are in relation to each other. OS and BM need to be close, as does GE as these 3 attend the first conference. YC needs to be farthest away from OS but have BM in between them as the conference is too far for them. JC needs to be close to GE but quite secluded overall, so not near anyone else. AC will be in YC, but it also needs to be close to the DA. The DA needs to be in the best spot to reach all countries.

On top of this we need to plan out the routes our COs will take, where they will be and where each mission will be held and at what time.

Getting a world map is the first thing we should really do. Personally I think Cosmo Land is best suited for all of the above, but in the BM campaign the COs visit Cosmo land to defend, so it can't be held there. I'm in favour of making our own new map which can accomodate all we need. TBH, it's going to be odd if we use an existing map and say "oh look, there's JC, it was just missed off the map when IS did it," or worse if it just appeared from nowhere.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:13 am 

Well, in the real world, it really doesn't take long to get from one place to the other with proper means and money, but I get your point..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:16 am 

Parallel Galaxy doesn't have to worry too much about that, since they have warp points for their COs, but I get your point.

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:02 am 

The only issue I see is getting the idealists from AC to OS after the mercs take over. If they are on opposite sides of the map, then it doesn't make sense for the AC COs to travel there in the first place (aside from Ozzy's connection)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:08 am 

I guess it comes down to one question: are the AW2 regions the countries' mainlands? In my campaign, I set it up that way, but that can easily be changed.

ThrawnFett wrote:
The only issue I see is getting the idealists from AC to OS after the mercs take over. If they are on opposite sides of the map, then it doesn't make sense for the AC COs to travel there in the first place (aside from Ozzy's connection)...

Well, BM is getting crushed and GE is busy helping JC. OS is basically the only country able to send any aid at all.

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:47 am 

ThrawnFett wrote:

But Thrawn, Wars World is not flat...they could just sail around the other side of the world, couldn't they? XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:55 am 

Then why can't YC travel that way instead of through BM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:47 am 

The reason Chess gave is what sprung into my mind, with all other countries at war, and with Ozzy's connection, OS is the most desirable to them.

Could we try doing our own map and see what that turns out like? If everyone could reply with how they'd like their country shaped, who's attached etc, I'll willingly whip up a concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:44 am 

Yeah bumping, I ask the same questions as my post above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:14 am 

I think we should use the existing maps, but if this idea has enough support, I'll come up with something. It would be close to or connected to OS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 pm 

Err, personally I would prefer to make them all together...without copying and pasting <_<;.

But yeah, I would prefer if GE was a fairly big country (like on AW1) with a penisula (sp?) pointing toward BH and/or PG (mostly BH) and near JC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:56 pm 

CO_Frosty wrote:
Err, personally I would prefer to make them all together...without copying and pasting <_<;.

But yeah, I would prefer if GE was a fairly big country (like on AW1) with a penisula (sp?) pointing toward BH and/or PG (mostly BH) and near JC.

How do you mean?

To make a combined world it has to be copied and pasted, unless you mean like use the shape of the existing continents but combine them so it doesn't looks copied and pasted.

But then you say you'd prefer if GE was fairly big, implying you want a custom map XD

So, do you want a new map, or use the existing ones Frosty?

BTW, those who want to use the other continents in their campaigns should have no trouble in doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:06 am 

Hey, you know, it's like the characters move homes every single game.

let's just make it like australia and have like 8 big houses with nothing in a 1 kilometer radius, lol

No, seriously, it wouldn't hurt to have all the previous lands AND the new ones just for ..."accuracy", plus, it wouldn't entirely kill us to make a few new bodies of land i.e. a Hawaii-type territory occupied by OS and a giant archipelago for JC <_<;

actually i just suggested 2 archipelagos lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:06 am 

When I said "copy and paste" I meant copying and pasted exactly how they are showed on their respective games <_<;. It just that I saw some odd frankestein map (different games have different graphics for the maps, and all those different kinda of maps glued together wasn't really a good sight). I am a-OK for uniting the three maps, without being just copy and paste exactly how they are there...like, unite the different kinds of grpahics into one as well. I know that is kinda obvious, but I was only half serious when I said that anyway >_> <_<

Oh, and the description thing is incase people prefer a totally custom map and/or just to say that I'd prefer a big GE continent uniting the three lands instead of three big continents.

But again, I don't know squat about graphics, so..huh...I vote for uniting the 3 lands and adding stuff if necessary. If the map turns out to be custom, I'd like a big land mass for GE, near JC, with a penisula pointing toward BH.

Clear now? <_< >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:10 am 

OKAY BROS AND HOS BIG IMAGE HERE LOL

Quote:
[19:46] Shane: Jim Morrison is hot

S= -.03 (V-21)^2 +12
Where S is Helen's score and V is votes cast.
A vote for Dark Matter is a vote for Fecal Matter.