It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:40 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Overarching Plotline as I see it
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 pm 

I decided to follow my own advice about how to make a campaign properly, since I feel that I haven't been making much ground. So, I'm going to say the overarching plot. Make any suggestions on how to change this.

After the DS War, Hawke has disappeared, Von Bolt is sent back to the Secret Black Hole Base in Godknowswhere, and Kindle has consolidated power over the forces that remain. All that's left at this point is the Bolt Guard, Kindle, Koal, Jugger, and the new CO Ember, because Lash has also abandoned Black Hole after Hawke's disappearance, applying for Asylum in Orange Star.

The two leftovers from Sturm's old army, Flak and Adder, return to the scene in a half-assed attempt to overthrow Kindle, but fail. At the same time, two new COs graduate from the Black Hole military academy, Falcone and Melanthe, who no one knows anything about beyond their amazing capabilities.

Kindle, wanting to kickstart the new war as quickly as possible, contacts Talyx, who is essentially in charge of DM at this point. Talyx agrees, and the two armies begin their conquests.

DM begins it's heavy involvement in the new regime of AC, hoping to turn the tide of battle by making sure that YC has it's hands tied, which frees up resources to crush RC and BM quickly.

The COs begin their invasion wiith the new military doctorine authored by Ember: destroy everything. No one appears to have much of a problem with this, however, early signs of conflict come as DM refuses to hand over lands to BH, and is often competing to get to them first.

The problem here is that DM does not want to kill off everyone. Their idea of conquest is to bring populations under their permanent control, attempting to gain converts, not a higher body count.

However, they remain peaceful, not wanting to turn on BH while they are making so much progress.

With the fall of BM on Macro Land, and the horrible defeat of RC, DM begins to change their mind about BH. Varlot, quickly gaining influence in PG, decides that it is time for them to cast off their ties with BH, as it appears they have enough control of the situation that the alliance is no longer needed.

His first step is sending Graves out to begin secret sabotage missions.

What he doesn't know, of course, is that Hawke is alive and well, and Graves is working for Hawke as well as DM. Hawke puts his plans into action, first by telling Melanthe and Falcone (who are his agents inside Black Hole) that the time has come to begin revolting.

Melanthe, who was trapped in RC due to the RC COs plan to use her abilities to revitalize the Earth, begins to fight with Ember, eventually winning, and, inadvertently, helping RC win the war.

After this, Graves assassinates Kindle, removing her from the action, while a new CO, Napoleon, begins fighting with Koal for control over Black Hole.

In the meantime, Falcone and Hawke move to Orange Star, creating devastating attacks together and eventually meeting up with Lash to return her to Black Hole. With Lash back, Black Hole is once again completely united. Ember surrenders to Melanthe, Adder and Flak quickly accept Napoleon's rule, and Koal and Jugger, while resistant, know they are in no position to argue with the new strongman.

Napoleon, of course, is just Hawke's puppet, there to take the backlash so Hawke won't have to.

With Napoleon in place, DM and BH reunite under new terms: the destruction will no longer be mindless, and instead a new PR campaign will be instated.

However, before this deal was reached, there were significant setbacks:

BM and RC were allowed to make comebacks

and the AC revolution is underway, with the idealists back on AC lands and very close to winning the war.

With all of the losses everywhere else, Napoleon, acting on his own independent whim, decides to withdraw forces and bolster defenses of his base on Black Hole. Huge military buildup begins, and all the armies prepare for one final massive attack against Orange Star, capable of wiping out the high command in a matter of weeks.

In the meantime, the AN is attempting to figure out how to win, with BM, RC, and GE choosing to use the Black Crystal technology to defeat their enemies, while OS, YC, and AC strongly disagree. This causes a conflict between the two sides.

With the conflict brewing, and AC finally taking full control of it's nation, and the Mercenaries from AC retreating to DM, Napoleon unleashes his amazing attack.

Every CO attacks OS from all borders, capturing the capital in a few weeks. With this crushing blow, the AN decide to reunite once again to save Orange Star from complete destruction.

With the help of the Bolt Guard, now back due to Levenworth's betrayal of Black Hole, the allied nations defeat Napoleon, bringing an end to his rule. Simultaneously, Levenworth will use Varlot's assistance to gain control of DM, which brings us to the final battle.

Levenworth, now fully powered and with full control of DM's armies, will go on his own rampage, destroying many parts of Green Earth. All of the armies will try and hold him off, but even with their combined strength, there is no hope to hold him off using troops alone.

The Jade Pact, forged between BM, GE, and RC, devises a plan to defeat Levenworth using the crystals. However, Levenworth anticipates this attack, and creates a diversion:

A giant spacecraft is aiming a huge Ion Cannon at Wars World, threatening to wipe out all life on the planet. Although the AN is confident it can win, it must divide it's forces.

Hawke's Black Hole turns to help OS, YC, and AC destroy the cannon to save the world. In the meantime, Talyx uses his position in DM to get the necessary intel to trap Levenworth in a grid set up by the Jade Pact, cornering him.

And those are the two "last missions." One side will aim to disable the Ion Cannon, while the other aims to kill Levenworth once and for all.

Quote:
[19:46] Shane: Jim Morrison is hot

S= -.03 (V-21)^2 +12
Where S is Helen's score and V is votes cast.
A vote for Dark Matter is a vote for Fecal Matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:48 pm 

lol, ion cannon

This sounds pretty good, actually, though I have one little problem:

How does Levenworth become "fully powered" and remain this beast of a man for months as he's able to destroy Green Earth? >_>

What Levenworth should probably do is manage to screw over Helix Corp. and take command of that division of DM, or something. The serum - LevX is when he's trapped in a corner and needs to find a way out of the mess that's happened.
EDIT EDIT: Yes, you covered it without any screwing over. Just don't forget that Final Levenworth is final lol. <_<
I'd make the other guy responsible for the Ion Cannon (whatever) Dreadnaught if anyone, but if Dreadnaught is being used I'd say something like a Xavier/Mina tag, or a Xavier/Epoch tag...

an evil tag >_>

Last edited by Kosheh on Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 pm 

Very nice! I love how it's significantly more realistic than previous AW plots. I'm not sure how much of it is Melanthe is trapped, as it is Melanthe is reluctantly cooperating with RC to sabotage Ember.

It's a bit hard to follow, but that's just because I'm reading it through in one sitting (and sleep-deprived). If it develops over a number of missions, the player will be drawn in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:51 pm 

If anything, the final two battles should be Dreadnaught/Mina tag at the Ion Cannon, and LevenworthX/Xavier tag in the grid. That's just my opinion, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:55 pm 

Mmm. So which side were you planning to have Graves end up on? And, indeed, what is the plans for Dready?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:07 pm 

That sounds good overall, it's believable and isn't any of this "Lol Dreadnaught's mothership" crap etc etc.

As for the Ion cannon, how does it get there? I hope it isn't Dreadnaught's mothership... I find him so Cliché >_> It could be OS's that they blasted into space a while back, and Lash manages to get the launch codes or something.

I really like the idea of 2 seperate final missions, one collective final mission was just going to be an utter headache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:06 pm 

As long as you spend a few missions before hand having DM assemble the Ion Cannon, or at least mentioning their "final weapon", so it doesn't seem like it's appeared out of nowhere, that sounds awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:54 am 

kosheh wrote:
How does Levenworth become "fully powered" and remain this beast of a man for months as he's able to destroy Green Earth? >_>

He's so totally awesome that he can destroy Green Earth in like two weeks ok

Quote:
What Levenworth should probably do is manage to screw over Helix Corp. and take command of that division of DM, or something. The serum - LevX is when he's trapped in a corner and needs to find a way out of the mess that's happened.

UH SURE

Quote:
I'd make the other guy responsible for the Ion Cannon (whatever) Dreadnaught if anyone, but if Dreadnaught is being used I'd say something like a Xavier/Mina tag, or a Xavier/Epoch tag...

an evil tag >_>

dreadnaught is gay

Quote:
I'm not sure how much of it is Melanthe is trapped, as it is Melanthe is reluctantly cooperating with RC to sabotage Ember.

Well, RC uses Melanthe earlier on to trap her in the new RC deserts (caused by Ember's burning of everything) and tricks her into using her powers on RC's land to revitalize the Earth and make it fertile once again. As she's doing this, she sees what a horrible thing Ember has done, and when Hawke gives her the go signal, she's more than happy to wipe the floor with Ember.

Quote:
Mmm. So which side were you planning to have Graves end up on? And, indeed, what is the plans for Dready?

He'll probably end up staying with DM.

As for Dreadnaught, to be honest I'd rather not deal with him at all. He's just way too Sturmlike.

Quote:
As for the Ion cannon, how does it get there? I hope it isn't Dreadnaught's mothership... I find him so Cliché >_> It could be OS's that they blasted into space a while back, and Lash manages to get the launch codes or something.

Well, that wouldn't work, because Lash doesn't work for Levenworth.

Levenworth was the engineer behind the development of DM after Talyx started the country, so I imagine that he just built it himself and just never told anyone else what it was for.

Quote:
I really like the idea of 2 seperate final missions, one collective final mission was just going to be an utter headache.

Yeah, I'd really rather not have a 9p mission. Two 5p missions would be much better, and it gives more of a reason to play through every campaign too.

Quote:
[19:46] Shane: Jim Morrison is hot

S= -.03 (V-21)^2 +12
Where S is Helen's score and V is votes cast.
A vote for Dark Matter is a vote for Fecal Matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:21 am 

As an idea, maybe the construction of the ion cannon could be solely explained in PG's campaign, so like in the AN it does just actually appear out of nowhere and the player has no reason how or why. I mean the AN wouldn't actually have any idea themselves and it's not like PG are going to explain to them. It gives incentive to play the PG campaign as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:30 am 

Good idea ^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:50 am 

Looks like I missed the fun while I was travelling.

Anyway, it looks good. Levenworth going ultra powerful and attacking GE wasn't in my plans, but I can change them with no problems. But there are some stuff I really need to clarify:

a) Time line please. I am very confused <_<;.
-exactly when will LevenworthX go craaazy? After the crystals battle, before it ends?
-And Napoleon? I assume he will gain control right after Kindle is killed...but when exactly is he gonna be defeated? For the looks I'd say right in the end of the whole crystals battle or right after it, but I am 55% sure I got something wrong.

I will need to know it to see how much I will need to change on the last 7-8 missions of the current GE outline.

b) Dreadnaught exists? I mean, until some time ago he was one of the bosses, but, as the time goes on, he becomes less and less...existant. So...huh....in a more conclusive way, is dreadnaught still in the campaign?

c) On the defeat of Napoleon, the Bolt Guard (Koal, Jugger and Ember?) helped them, so I assume that the remaining BH COs are with Napoleon, right? And in the end with the whole Ion Cannon situation...when you say Hawke's Black Hole, do you mean Hawke's supporters or the entire Black Hole under Hawke's leadership? And in the same line of thought, which DM COs will go with Talyx?

That should be enough for now. It is looking good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:05 pm 

IIRC, Kindle's not actually dead, just locked up..

You're either completely oblivious, or the greatest actor in the world.

For the sake of my sanity I'm hoping the second.