It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Back from Band Camp
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:24 am
Posts: 2427
Location: Georgia Tech
That's where I've been the entire week. I am thoroughly exhausted. Incidentally, I start school Monday, but that won't interfere with my posting XD.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
Band Camp?

What do you play?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
*insert American Pie reference*

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
I was really hoping someone wouldn't do that because it's strung out, boring, and wasn't that funny to begin with.

Desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu
desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu
desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:24 am
Posts: 2427
Location: Georgia Tech
Doctor Quismod wrote:
Band Camp?

What do you play?


French Horn/Mellophone

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 1183
23--------23----2323232323
23--------23----------23
23--------23----------23
23--------23----------23
232323232----------23
23--------23----------23
23--------23----------23
23--------23----------23
23--------23----2323232323


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
Sexy.

French horn

I'm a Tromboner

Tromboner

Boner

Boner

Boner

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:07 am
Posts: 1723
Location: England
Hi Retsej.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:36 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Waiting for blue mutants to feed me.
I'm a trumpeter, myself.

Deafening the clarinet section of my high school band is fun ^_^

_________________
Individual wrote:
I think what he meant was that bad stuff can also be entertaining. Like uh, watching any movie with Halle Berry in it. The movie sucks ass, but god damn!


Ubergeneral wrote:
my genious too awesome for you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:01 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Burning stuff on your lawn
Retsej wrote:
Doctor Quismod wrote:
Band Camp?

What do you play?


French Horn/Mellophone

No fucking way. That's what I play. My band camp starts on Monday, too.

I have finally found another guy that plays French Horn...around where I live, there's only women. I'm not complaining.

_________________
sup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:23 am
Posts: 1739
Location: ...in your manga!!
Welcome back, Retsej. I hope I can see a video of your performance someday.

_________________
Image
MY WICKED LENS IS THE GREATEST!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:40 am
Posts: 2108
Retsej wrote:
Doctor Quismod wrote:
Band Camp?

What do you play?


French Horn/Mellophone
I play the French Horn as well.

Welcome back Retsej, and I hope you played well.

_________________
Image
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Kindness
Miss: Pain
Violence = Leading cause of death in this country = illegal = fine and dandy. Pg-13, R if it's really bad.
Sex = leading cause of life in this country = natural and perfectly legal biological process = OMG TEH NOES XXX!11!!! ---Someone at some forum, I forget
"If you have made mistakes. . . there is always another chance for you. . . You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
I don't like the French Horn.

The fact that you have to stick your hand in it is very unappealing to me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
How do you make a trumpet a French horn?

Twist it and play it poorly.




The only instruments that I have respect for include (in this order)

Guitar
Drums
Bass Guitar
Keyboard (Piano, but keyboard is preferrable)
Saxophone
Trumpet
Trombone
Violin
Flute
Organ
Any Other String Instrument
Any Other Wind Instrument

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:34 am
Posts: 4700
Location: London
I used to play the cornet actively, played a french horn once.
Was alright.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:02 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Ireland
i wanna learn me an ocarina

_________________
Image
AWDC FC: 390966 506669 (PM me and I'll add you)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:01 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Burning stuff on your lawn
Unakau wrote:
How do you make a trumpet a French horn?

Twist it and play it poorly.

That's funny, considering I play much better than our trumpet section. 8D


The only instruments that I have respect for include (in this order)

Guitar
Drums
Bass Guitar
Keyboard (Piano, but keyboard is preferrable)
Saxophone
Trumpet
Trombone
Violin
Flute
Organ
Any Other String Instrument
Any Other Wind Instrument

Wind instrument=anything that you blow into. Including French Horn. You might mean Woodwind. Oh, and I play Saxophone as well.

_________________
sup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
Trumpets can suck. When played well, they rule.

And I mean woodwind.

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
Anything played well can rule.

My friend can play a piece of grass and it rules.

Anything can suck as well.

I play grass and it doesn't do shit.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:36 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Waiting for blue mutants to feed me.
I know someone whose dad plays in the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

_________________
Individual wrote:
I think what he meant was that bad stuff can also be entertaining. Like uh, watching any movie with Halle Berry in it. The movie sucks ass, but god damn!


Ubergeneral wrote:
my genious too awesome for you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Chasing Veggie for a hug.
Fantastic, but I may play in the scottish pipe band.

PRESTIGE. IT'S THE PRESTIGE PEOPLE.

_________________
your_mom1337 on an African watering hole wrote:
Uber should show up soon.

Image
GZ at CW
GZ at AWN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:36 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Waiting for blue mutants to feed me.
Sorry. I didn't fully complete that.

Said dad plays French Horn in the BSO.

_________________
Individual wrote:
I think what he meant was that bad stuff can also be entertaining. Like uh, watching any movie with Halle Berry in it. The movie sucks ass, but god damn!


Ubergeneral wrote:
my genious too awesome for you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
Bagpipes are one of the worst instruments.

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
Fuck you.

Bagpipes are fucking awesome

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Chasing Veggie for a hug.
Do you think so, Una? Why?

_________________
your_mom1337 on an African watering hole wrote:
Uber should show up soon.

Image
GZ at CW
GZ at AWN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
Everybody outside of Scotland thinks so, actually.

The fact is that they're screechy and annoying.

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
I'm outside Scotland.

I think they're pretty cool.

Please don't state opinions as facts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Chasing Veggie for a hug.
What song and band have you heard then? Because as an instrument the bagpipes are definetely not screechy. Maybe you have heard the catpipes? Its a common mistake due to the similarity of the names. The catpipes is a cat with several tubular poles shoved in its gob. The catpipes are then held down ny one man and beaten with a long stick in order to produce sound.

_________________
your_mom1337 on an African watering hole wrote:
Uber should show up soon.

Image
GZ at CW
GZ at AWN


Last edited by Corrosion on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
The phrase "everybody" is a common exaggeration.

However, most people in the United States, at the very least, hate bagpipes.

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
Corrosion wrote:
What song and band have you heard then? Because as an instrument the bagpipes are definetely screechy. Maybe you have heard the catpipes? Its a common mistake due to the similarity of the names. The catpipes is a cat with several tubular poles shoved in its gob. The catpipes are then held down ny one man and beaten with a long stick in order to produce sound.


Stop stealing my ideas please

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
The bagpipes not screechy?

Ha.

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
Ha!? Ha you say?

It is clear that we will have to do battle.

Select your weapon.

For an ironic twist, I choose the bagpipes.

MORTAL KOMBAT

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Chasing Veggie for a hug.
You've obviously never heard them. Unless your hearing is a little sub-par, then the sound created is quite pleasant.
Perhaps you are mixing the reality with one of those annoying keyboard tones.

_________________
your_mom1337 on an African watering hole wrote:
Uber should show up soon.

Image
GZ at CW
GZ at AWN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 2669
Location: Wherever you aren't.
You live in Scotland.

A pleasant sound is much different to you than it is for us Americans.

_________________
I'm new warior in adault world
Because
sex and sexuality are sensitive subjects, young people and sex educators can
have strong views on what attitudes people should hold, and what moral framework
should govern people's behaviour - these too can sometimes seem to be at odds.
[wall of seventy-one lesbian porn links] - NewMOONSpirit
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 3552
Location: St. Mystere
Yes, because Scottish ears are completely different than American ears.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Chasing Veggie for a hug.
If you say so, dear. I'm sure though in both countries we'd rather hear a Mozart clarinet concerto rather than a fat trucker passing wind.

_________________
your_mom1337 on an African watering hole wrote:
Uber should show up soon.

Image
GZ at CW
GZ at AWN


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group