It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Hello, all...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:59 pm 

Hello. I'm a rather big AW fan, and CW looks interesting to me. I have a few questions, though...

Which is the latest version of the game? Where can I find it?
Is there a tool or editor for custom CO's, or does that require coding skill?
Will the final version of the game feature a campaign or campaign editor? One of the things I wanted most in AW was the power to make my own campaigns, complete with dialogue and planned events...

Thank you for the help, I look forward to playing.

Post subject: Re: Hello, all...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 pm 

Hey, welcome to CW... Let's get straight to those questions.

1) The Information Center has links to everything and anything CW. Check out the Distribution page and you'll find all the information you are looking for there.

2) The old CW requires coding skill in order for CO's to be created. That is in the archive section, which is available when you join the Nostalgist group. The new CW team is currently designing a system in where creating a CO will take minimum to no coding knowledge. This will be present in the new CW2 engine.

3) Yes, we are planning to have campaigns within the new CW2 (still in production). You should be able to create them using a text editor outside the game. At this point, an all-out campaign editor isn't planned within the main engine. It is a wise suggestion, though.

Anyway, most of the information can be found within the Information Center, so I advise you to ransack through there for knowledge about the game and new events as they come along. No problem, Have fun and enjoy your stay...

JSR