It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Flood Plains
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:20 am 

ok i know none of these thing ever get through but hey, im bored, have nothing better to do and thought of some real strange terrain ideas so hear me out please?

Ok firstly while playing Advance Wars 2 and i was versing drake or something and he made it rain i had this whole *I HAVE A CRAP IDEA* moment.

Its called Flood Plains, anyway.... basically its stats are completely the same as plains. In every possible way, same movement cost, same defence etc etc but when it rains it turns into rivers or something. Like I don't know maybe it could turn into something else.

Basically its just a terrain tile that changes depending on the current weather condition. Using these in certain places in versus maps could make the map entirely different... or it could just be annoying.

But yeah thats my brilliant and crap idea for today....

I expect replies like "wtf" and "no" very soon & i look forward to it :D

NOTE: this topic isnt to try and get this terrain in, its more of a general concept for a terrain square thats changes depending on weather conditions on a map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:35 am 

No one plays with random weather and there's only 1 CO that causes rain, I'm not sure how you'd use this :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:39 am 

fair enough. But it might make for an interesting campaign match. You know like every 2 days it rains or something and rivers appear here and here and here and then the rain stops. And repeated cycle That being said i see what your saying. eh i was bored!

At least i didnt suggest a Sniper Infantry.... *has nightmares*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:48 am 

I play on Random Weather XD

[ and this WOULD be neat in such a situation ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:31 pm 

Only problem is what happens if a tank is on it when it turns into a river. I guess it could just sit there and allow you to move it off the river (like that tank-on-the-water glitch in one of the AW carts). lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:19 pm 

yeah thats a bit of a problem. Or maybe the tank just cant be used that turned cause its "bogged" down in the river. Something random likke that besides we dont need to have logical reasoning for stuff in advance wars. hence the pipes not allowing air units through scenario.

But the flood plain's basic idea is for something that changes with the weather. Even if some people dont play with random weather other people do. like above! so anyway it was just an idea... and i dont think its been suggested before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:09 am 

plus there's no reason to complain if you DON'T play with Random Weather because its just a plains

[ unless your not a plains fan, that is ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:53 pm 

HochDeutsch wrote:
plus there's no reason to complain if you DON'T play with Random Weather because its just a plains

[ unless your not a plains fan, that is ]

well if you have a problem with plains,

you basically have a problem with ADVANCE WARS in general.

Oh but i dont know how you'd manage to tell the difference between flood plain and plains because like..... seeing as its an exact duplicate... maybe a darker colour or something.... but yeah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:31 am 

ParanoidDrone wrote:
Only problem is what happens if a tank is on it when it turns into a river. I guess it could just sit there and allow you to move it off the river (like that tank-on-the-water glitch in one of the AW carts). lol

Tanks weight causes it to sink in the mud. It should take the guys driving the tanks at least a day to dig the tank out of the dirt, so anything in the flood plains after a rainstorm loses the move option for one turn. Anything stuck in the mud gets a 50% defensive boost because its sunken in the mud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:54 am 

Or we could like, you know, not have it?

Where's the benefit to this? It's just going to be a huge annoyance a la the volcano.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:42 am 

Yeah but the volcano was a damn cool gimmick XD

[ point taken though ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:52 am 

yeah his probably right, when i get round to it i might download the code and put the terrain in... if i get round to it.. IF is a big word for me.