It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:38 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Website and Project Organization
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:47 am 

As far as I can see all that is being done is a SVN Repo of the code, a forum and a, somewhat, non-updated website with missing pages and an incomplete wiki.
I have PHP/XHTML/HTML/CSS experience and could do work to get various areas of the site complete, adding the screenshots page, about page, upload maps. As well as any other *NEW* areas that might be usefull to have in the future.
The forums I can't help with much as I am more of an SMF man myself. As for bug tracking/reporting the site could have FlySpray which is a very good and handy little bit of kit, it can be set to require a login to report bugs and this could be modded to work from the logins on the forums.

What do others think to these ideas? I am looking for replies from both the Developers and users of CustomWars community.

Post subject: Re: Website and Project Organization
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:24 am 

Vouching for Flyspray, it's grand.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:39 pm 

Forums isn't a huge issue, I've been familiar with phpbb for a long time despite lacking any design skills whatsoever - just after CW died out I ceased updated the forum and the like. Regardless I'll just continue managing that part as it's not that difficult.

As far as the frontpage, sure? It needs something up there at the very least. The current update I just hacked together in HTML rather than using proper update procedures. Considering the change in project direction I suppose it wouldn't be too much of an issue to scrap most of it anyhow.

Mooglegunner wrote:
Seriously, if there's an American in College who isn't on when you are, they're not working hard enough, or Liberal Arts Majors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:29 am 

burtybob wrote:
As far as I can see all that is being done is a SVN Repo of the code, a forum and a, somewhat, non-updated website with missing pages and an incomplete wiki.
I have PHP/XHTML/HTML/CSS experience and could do work to get various areas of the site complete, adding the screenshots page, about page, upload maps. As well as any other *NEW* areas that might be usefull to have in the future.
The forums I can't help with much as I am more of an SMF man myself. As for bug tracking/reporting the site could have FlySpray which is a very good and handy little bit of kit, it can be set to require a login to report bugs and this could be modded to work from the logins on the forums.

What do others think to these ideas? I am looking for replies from both the Developers and users of CustomWars community.

I'm happy to see the Forums get a face lift as it would send out the signal that there is some fresh activity going on. As for issue tracking Although I like flyspray, I'd prefer to stick with the default google issues since it is already attached to the repo and does not incur the overhead of deployment and upkeep. I would however really like the issues to be in clear view of users so that they can contribute and comment on them.

http://code.google.com/p/customwars/issues/list