It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:48 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Artea/Destin/Bipolar synthdrome
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 pm 

Taking a break from learning some bass guitar and rocking out. Came back here for the first time in forever to see someone is actually happy with a broken cw and no staff and trying to revive the project. While I certainly certainly happy that someone thinks this heaping pile of democratic failure and elitism is worth saving, I do warn you to go about saving it in a means that makes other people want to come back and help again.

Things I suggest you must do:

I) Politics:
Democracy is gay, some people that are smart and educated won't vote for what will truly better a game, other will vote till they get what they want. There is no real way to balance democracy with a free ware game in development. If you go democratic you will be flooded with 1000+ co's, 1000+ units (snipers, mortars other gey infantry variants, battle cars (good memories), and other shit. You will be spending so much time adding stuff to the game you won't be able to balance it or make it fun. So the only way to make a game project like this work is by running it like a dictatorship at first. This leads me into section II

II) Programming:
First and foremost in a game is making a set that works before you start adding shit to it... IE if you are going to make a custom advance wars game have a metagame that works. That means you can do everything, no errors buying shit, no errors like day 20+ error. Next would be adding in the CO's, as in co's like andy that IS made (but for copyright issue his name is now Jonas Blandsfield with a screwdriver)

Once you have all that shit than you can worry about adding in custom content like co's and what not.

III) Custom Content:
I am a huge supporter of dictatorship, but then again dictatorship a few elite as opposed to one hitler. That means if someone wants to add in custom sprites you should have a sprite nazi/expert running the graphics department, someone who knows stuff about spriting and a way to keep the graphics consistent, nothing says professional like good looking sprites, nothing says shitty like stick figures with boobs as an infantry (beleive me I seen it before).

For CO's have dictators that rock at the game, they may be the most annoying people but people like IBVG who would always say learn2play nub actually know shitloads about how to play this game. Someone that understands what a new unit would have and what not.

IV) other random shit that comes to mind:

-Make a somewhat planned release schedule so this project doesn't have a dead face constatnly
-Don't be afraid to use the cw library of 1000+ sprites and warpapers.
-Don't be afraid to ask members that used to work here, they won't mind getting an email asking for help, on the other hand spam mail that I get like * I DEMAND YOU TO MAKE SPRITES FOR MY SHITTY GAME ROFLAMO!!!>eqowkjkgfjdfdf POTATOES WHATS ANAIRPORT* will not make me any likely to ever come back.

-Last thing, if you do make this game, credit all the people that dedicated pretty much years of their life making shit that never got become our dreams... that is all.

if you want to contact me, from time to time I might answer at awn, or at master-artisan@hotmail.com

Post subject: Re: Artea/Destin/Bipolar synthdrome
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:06 pm 

I) Is pretty much happening.

II) Is pretty much happening. And the whole game's being redesigned. Bugs are inevitable, however.

III) The plan is to make it the MUGEN of AW. You can build your own game with a set of plugins, etc. etc. But yes, we would like a consistent basic spriteset, set of COs, a campaign, etc etc.

Mooglegunner wrote:
Seriously, if there's an American in College who isn't on when you are, they're not working hard enough, or Liberal Arts Majors.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:28 pm 

My name is Artea, I approve of this message ^^^^^^^^^^ (all hail xenesis =3)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:30 pm 

Forgot to mention a few things, are we going to be basing this off of old aw or aw 2, 3, dor? That is all I wanted to know. If it is off of dor I still want to make a wwii mod =3.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:33 pm 

hey silly

this is going to be the MUGEN of AW

meaning you can strip out all the default COs and stick in all the WW2 COs you want lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:01 pm 

Artea wrote:
Forgot to mention a few things, are we going to be basing this off of old aw or aw 2, 3, dor? That is all I wanted to know. If it is off of dor I still want to make a wwii mod =3.

The long term aim is to include all AW1 to AWDoR engine features so you can replicate any of those games. That being said, it's likely that considering that CW is currently AWDS based it'll remain AWDS based for the immediate future.

Mooglegunner wrote:
Seriously, if there's an American in College who isn't on when you are, they're not working hard enough, or Liberal Arts Majors.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:06 am 

After looking at some of the posts and reading a lot of the outlines I think you guys are well on track, I wish you the best of look and I hope to see some Narts original artwork if the project does go in that direction! I will still check time from time but I am afraid my sprite days are far behind me at this age ^_^;;. One thing I will ask is how much does site cost to run, I wouldn't mind maybe pitching a few extra dollers torwards it. One thing I will recommend is that chom chom stop postins 10+ new things a day, a bit of a weird feeling to it. Anyway feel free to email me if you need someone to bounce ideas off of and what not.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:27 am 

Heh :) Yes I will stop my massive activity, I'm just getting the ball rolling just now.
What you are saying about the costs of running the project is a subject we'll have to look at eventually as well.
Its just not fair to have all the costs being paid by one person! Its like being penalized for the love! We'll eventually get some sort of whip round /collection going. I'm sure all the contributors will be able to pitch something together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:40 am 

you have programming skills, Artea? saying that you want to make-up a mod. i can't even make up mugen files from scratch :( I can only slightly edit a few numbers, thatsall.

edit: cuz i do want to make a Civ mod or a Magic mod some day. X3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:08 pm 

My god my mugen days are behind me, my character feyaden took like 5 years to make and I never even finished it >:C, but hey say this does go through wanna make a cleamatra one, because that is what I am picking up telepathicly from you.

Edit:
I still have the student units, dog units, and school map tiles made if you wanted to :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:49 pm 

If you have pixel art that you have produced then no matter if it gets into the default game or not hang on to it. We'll have to help the first few people who develop plugins get started so you could eventually make a seperate 'school wars pack'. We'll have to produce some sort of directory like the one provided for maps on advancewarsnet but for plugins. We could always put the sprite sheets on there somewhere. Definetly want to see your hard work get put into use though if you have spent the time to produce it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:41 am 

now that's what I want to see, Artea. I hope there won't be just sailor suits. heh heh. I actually edited mostly everything right now so it won't be much the same thing as last time I emailed the concepts/or info w/e you call it to you. I didn't change it more recently cuz my comic is still under way. Character-wise, to be exact. I'm still unsure of the remaining terrain. Maybe it'll just be roads, grass, gardens, trees and other tiles.

Are you saying I want to make a cleabell mugen character? I dunno what I would give her. She'd be like a less active Haruhi with a thousands of more friends dashing into the stage. You don't mind that?