It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:28 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: //Fields of Glory// AD-HOC Wars
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:31 am 

My little thread thingy to chronicle the game, spoilers ahead.

Prologue:
Code:

1st shot:
There is a helicopter of undetermined origin, a design that is not too far off in the future in terms of design and looks, flying above a crumbling city. The shot has the helicopter viewed from the side, a troop transport design which has the large sliding doors, flying through the smoke of the burning and crumbling city. Light reflecting off a deer logo on the side door.

2nd shot:
The back of two military helicopter pilots in their seats are visible, with the windows in front showing the same scene of the city as described in the previous frame. Partialy seen are other people sitting around in the inside of the cockpit. Same logo appears on helmets as on the side of the helicopter With a pilot head, and a textbox to accompany it one of the two pilots says, "General, we are approach X in T-X".

3rd shot:
First shot seen of our main protagonist, which for now will be known as "Leone" (since we convienently have that drawing narts did for me). Got the same appearance as she does in the depiction narts drew. She has obviously fallen asleep. There is a window next to her that still depicts the same war torn city.

-The second of two pilots, " let her sleep, she has a long fight ahead of her."

Enter Epic Title:
Enter epic title, currently called "Ad-Hoc Wars".

Back story of the first war:

Code:

Scrolling text over an image:
The image itself is of soldiers running hunched over carrying gear through smoke that is being kicked up everywhere. Bullets can be seen piercing the smoke but other than that not much else is revealed through the smoke.
The Text reads as follows:
15 years earlier, the international ressource securing wars, known as the wars of degredation. Humanity, having grown much more in size than anyone could ever have imagined, quickly outgrew all ressource production essential to life on Earth. Nations that have always managed to stay one step ahead of the developing world, one army too far ahead, have overun ressource rich regions of the world. The ensuing fight for all remaining ressources plunges the world into the darkness of war as one by one whole populations are extinguished in the smoke chocked air of war. Vast tunnel networks are formed beneath the decaying surface as means of transport for newly aquired ressources, the movement of refugees, and even deployment of troops. It is here that our story starts, the valiant deeds carved in bone, earned in blood.

Enter Chapter Title:
The earlier years, Earned in blood.

Mission 1
Code:
Pre-Map Text:

Image: Soldiers huddled up in a ruined infrastructure of some sort, pinned down by enemy fire with obvious fear on their faces.

Unammed Captain 1: Shit, we have been spotted by their front lines, retreat back to the tunnels.
Younger Leone: It isn't their main line, if we could eliminate them before...
Unammed Soldier: This is not the time or place woman, sound the retreat.

Insert Map: (infantry vs infantry, an enemy tank shows up later and friendly mech show up to teach mech vs tank)

Pre-Fight Text:

Younger Leone: Shit, the leadership cadre has fled the battle field, what do I do what do I do? Damnit time to take charge, infantry advance on their recconaisance teams, don't allow them to report back.

Battle Starts:
Younger Leone: Lieutenant, you are now promoted to fill in the abscence left by your platoon leader.
Lieutenant Jonas Blandsfield: I don't know how to lead

Tutorial: (move and shoot):
Younger Leone explains movement and fighting using infantry on infantry.

Enter recon:
When all the enemy infantry are dead a recon appears.

Younger Leone: Call reserves forward, we need anti-tank weapons quick!

Enter Mechs:

Jonas Blandsfield: My old unit before getting promoted:

Tutorial: (Mech/Heavy Infantry.)
Jonas Blandsfield explains mech vs. vehicles.

Mission End Text:
Younger Leone: Sound the retreat, we better regroup before their abscence is noted.

Post subject: Re: //Fields of Glory// AD-HOC Wars
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 am 

Hey guys, I am back after two weeks of hell. My university had messed up my course applications and unregistered everything I had signed up for. I got that sorted but they had put a hold on my registration and unregistered me from all classes I did have. So essentially I had to take random courses to make sure that my full time student status isnt messed up. Because of all that I was occupied catching up in all sorts of random classess.

In all honesty though, not a single comment, critique, or anything at all?

Do I keep going or do I stop?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:51 am 

actually I wasn't sure if we could post here or not

It's pretty basic, I'm not pulled in or feel like playing based on it. not that anyone plays AW for its story. It's just.. "Fields of Glory," I can hear the generic orchestra music swelling already.

Weren't you going for that goofy AW1 feel or was that someone else. If Ad Hoc Wars is basically the demo, I'd suggest a stronger hook something like AW1 ridiculous up to 11 but with sparing helpings of darker and fourth wall humor like DoR. And it shouldn't be afraid to make fun of itself.

That's just me though.

And I guess you'd want to mention the custom aspect somehow. Is this still the MUGEN of AW or what. You can probably keep working on this if you like, it might be a good idea to have a couple pre-made campaigns and people can just choose what they want.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:45 am 

No it's fine as it is, keep going. Don't add too much humour and don't worry about the custom thing, the story can be complete and self-contained. Other plugins can have their own stories.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:49 am 

Narts, I have a few questions concerning AD-HOC Wars, they mostly deal with the graphical aspect of the game. Since it is not going to have battle animations, and it is not going to be related to aw, can we still have unit card info. Like in game cards that show what every unit does. Also there is a friend of mine who has a cartoonish drawing style I like very much and I thought maybe we could use those for the unit art. Let me know what you think?

Also what about user interface, tileset, and everything else? I have a few sketches we could turn into a title screen for the game, but user interfaces and tilesets I can't do for the life of me. Let me know when you can, also I am going to try and give a better description to aw as if it were on box art. (The plot is done and you already had the rough rough outline, maybe someone can polish it to diamond status?)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:07 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 pm 

so is this a customwars mod or what? fan fiction?

or a game i dont know about o.O

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:54 am 

Narts, and the new programming team want to release custom wars, but before that they want a little mini game that showcases the basics of the engine. This is just the little mini game thingy I been working on for a potential release.