It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:59 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Remember Halo Capella?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:07 pm 

Some of you are too new to remember Halo Capella, and those that are new might have recognised the name from the little caricacture that I made involving CW's history. Essentially he was an artist that latched on to customwars near it's peak and contributed lots of artwork to the game. He is probably most known for drawing everyone and having lots of fun, and also for amy's artwork:

Which eventually lead to a colored version of that drawing by narts, and then eventually into (what I like to think is cw's best sprite ever made) amy's officer sprite:

Anyway, the reason I brought all this up although I said bye, and that I would never come back, is that he emailed me. Essentially he got into a school for art fundamentals which has started to broaden his style allowing him to perect his style. He said he will be less active this year, and potentially into next year two but not to worry because he believes that cw will never truly die so long as people are passionate. Also says look into something to invest for into the future (I think he means invest into something good for the future but not sure XD).

halo capella wrote:
Also, I hope those members in CW are still productive and tell them The Midst is always in open arms. (cuz the monthly updates shows I'm still going forward!)

Also he said to link you to this for his artwork: http://www.sykactor.blogspot.com

Post subject: Re: Remember Halo Capella?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:40 pm 

Artea wrote:
Essentially he got into a school for art fundamentals which has started to broaden his style allowing him to perect his style.

That is good to hear. I always thought he needed this. I can already see the improvement in his art.

These are genuinely good drawings.

Post subject: Re: Remember Halo Capella?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:11 am 

Quote:
Also, I hope those members in CW are still productive and tell them The Midst is always in open arms. (cuz the monthly updates shows I'm still going forward!)

Well, that is good news. I do remember Halo Capella; he is the one who first volunteered to draw up my CCO way in the past. I am glad to see that he is still working on his art style; which has improved impressively if I might add.

A little off topic...

We are almost ready to put another update into the mix. The more work we do on the programming end; the more I realize how much art is going to start playing a factor. This is a forewarning for all artists who want to help design for the game. Sprite sheets and Game Menus are going to be the first bit of art I'll ask for. For now, I'm assuming you want to use old material... however, a new fresh crisp look can end up being great for this game.

I am going to conclude the poll for the theme soon. I think that we want a game that doesn't emulate the Old AW Style. So eventually, all the old unit/terrain sprite sheets are going to have to be removed/altered. I'm personally going to start direction for the art going off our first 2 most highly-voted themes. Not here, but in its own section...

@Narts

-No matter what art we choose, I know the Ad-Hoc Wars tiles will be used [even if it is an optional tile set]. Many people like this tile set, I will make sure it isn't wasted. I definitely will need the unit/terrain sprite sheets for Ad-Hoc as soon as possible. Thanks :)...

-JSR...