It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:37 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: The Topic for BVG?'s Games
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:51 am 

Here's the topic for my games. I can play on the Old CWBeta27. Crap Wars and AHC games will be available once I can handle the CHANGE. I look forward to trying the SpecOps!
NOTE: As I'm new, I am probably an easy victory, but I'll do my best.
NOTE: On Crap Wars, no DoR CO's please (will change when I beat DoR)

Current Games List:
Nothing here.

Other's Games
allegro beta (Map: Bases Asundered) [DP, Smitan; BestVG?, BestVG?, Hachi/Carmen :twisted: :twisted: ] (Mist of War) {Custom Wars Beta27}
toast (Map: Breadbox) [kiwi, Kanbei; DP, Sami; BestVG?, Andy, currently wondering WTH happened to my units; Britney!!, Hachi :evil: ] {Custom Wars Beta27}

Finished Games:
BVG?'s Quickie (Map: A Battlefield is Small) [BestVG?, Hawke/Andy, yielded on day 8; kiwi, Kanbei;; infantry spam on small map] {Custom Wars Beta27}
blast from the past (Map: Whirly) [kiwi, Graves; BestVG?, Carmen, yielded on day 16;; I got blocked off and tried to load a tank onto a black boat] {Custom Wars Beta27}
cake (Map: Bisection) [kiwi, Ember; BestVG?, Epoch, yielded on day 19;; can't handle AA+Artspam] {Custom Wars Beta27}

100/100 otherwise
:hit: Video games, CW Wiki restoration
:miss: CW newbish, Inf. spam disbelief
:power: Log-in: Logs in to CW game and wishes for an end to Infantry Spam, dealing 3 HP Mass Damage to all Infantry and Mech units.
:super: Wiki Restore: Deals only 1 HP Mass Damage to Infantry and Mech units, but restores 1 HP Mass Healing and a firepower boost (+10%) to all non-infantry units

"There's a reason why the Blue Moon is the best Lucky Charm..."

Last edited by Best Video Gamer? on Sat May 23, 2009 5:38 am, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Topic for BVG?'s Games
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:20 pm 

Hawke and Andy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:44 am 

do you know that bvg, is blame video games, and that you got my hopes up hoping he returned D:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:33 am 

Haha! We have a-wait, I'm probably the victim here (no offense kiwi :D )

kiwi wrote:
Hawke and Andy

I don't know if you checked the CO profile or if you can find out before joining (I'm that new) but I think what I'll do is list everyone's CO's after everyone joins.
PS: Interesting CO choices. We'll see how this really happens.

Destin wrote:
do you know that bvg, is blame video games, and that you got my hopes up hoping he returned D:

I had heard the name "I Blame Video Games" before, but I didn't notice how coincidential our two names are. I'm very sorry that my username brought any false hope.
Of course, you can always join my next games, if you wish...

100/100 otherwise
:power: Log-in: Logs in to CW game and wishes for an end to Infantry Spam, dealing 3 HP Mass Damage to all Infantry and Mech units.
:super: Wiki Restore: Deals only 1 HP Mass Damage to Infantry and Mech units, but restores 1 HP Mass Healing and a firepower boost (+10%) to all non-infantry units

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:04 pm 

Just so you know, tags don't work as they do in DS. You can't even double up on powers since tagging is disabled the turn when using one except during tag breaks. Of course, maybe they left tags alone outside balance mode so if you turned it off... but if you're facing Kanbei, well, you kinda kicked yourself there since he's no longer nerfed then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm 

I actually did notice that when doing TestMap runs. I believe that what happens is that the powers are used on different turns (ex: both bars are full. As Andy, I initiate the Tag; all units are repaired for 5HP, firepower boosts, etc; select Swap to end turn; after Kanbei's turn ends, Hawke's power insantly activates, repairing my units for 2HP and 2HP mass damage for Kanbei; Tag ends when turn ends)

At least, it did in the test I just did...

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:01 pm 

HMM I was about to say I coulda sworn I solo Kanbei but you saw that, good

hey you mind joining my game? "blast from the past" no quotes beta 27
A Battlefield Is Small is too small to get anything from, something more to do, etc.

anyway I hope you're not losing sleep over this, checking it I mean, just once or twice a day really
if we wanted to be fast we'd use a messenger or irc or something but I can't really sit down much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 am 

OK thanks for joining, games on the server don't purge if they're not full I guess

You ever play against someone who's not a bot before?
I can tell you right now never to leave a base unused unless it means you get something cool like a battleship or bomber next turn

also sounds like you browse AW forums
so you should know infantry spam is pretty much the ticket to winning
yeah crap wars's shtick is basically trying to fix that among other things

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 am 

I yielded my game on day 8. It was boring, full of infantry, and I would have lost. I also think it's my fault it was boring. I also sucked biiiiiig time.

kiwi's game is still in the beginning process, though.

Also, and I've meant to tell this earlier, but I'm quite busy sometimes, but I can give availability times of 5-11 PM Mon-Fri, 11 AM-11 PM Sat-Sun.

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:22 am 

any unmodded game is gonna be infantry heavy, that's just the way AW rolls
a flood of cheap units are better than a few expensive ones, although the map didn't help

we have a lot of maps but most of them are handed-down and not very good
having to scroll through a huge list to get to the ones at the end isn't good either

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:51 pm 

In Days of Ruin infantry flooding means handing out free veterancy and power charge to the opponent. This coupled with the higher infantry cost means this is the least infantry-spammy of the official AW games, with infantry only being viable as an initial expansion unit on maps with low starting funds (most AWBW style maps. on IS maps you usually use the faster bikes for expansion). Even "never leave a base empty" is not an absolute anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:26 am 

true true DoR changed things around a bit, but mechs and bikes are still infantry in my mind though

too bad the DoR mod is buggy, but then the real thing does have online

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 pm 

Yeah, infantry spamming is a bad strategy in DoR...it doesn't work. It's all about the zone mechs then getting out a critical mass of Artillery.

Mooglegunner wrote:
Seriously, if there's an American in College who isn't on when you are, they're not working hard enough, or Liberal Arts Majors.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:11 pm 

Sorry for inactivity.

And yes, I know. Trying to load a tank into a black boat was a STUPID move. I should yield now :oops:

And another stupid move I make is being a disbeliever in infantry-spam. I guess I should start believing, which I've been working on.

I'd also like to say that the actual Advance Wars AI is ****ing RETARDED. I tried practicing Whirly on Ember Hack. Guess what-I blocked the enemy with a lander. After I built up my army (never leaving a base empty unless getting good stuff), I routed the AI.

So yeah. Also, I may start up a new game next week, when I return from a half-week vacation to Orlando, FL. I could still post, but not play. :( How does 2 vs. 2 with 1 person controlling both armies sound?

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:20 pm 

hmm pends on the map

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:39 pm 

AI can't play AWBW maps worth beans.

A lot of them have "tricks" you need to know and the AI uh, doesn't. Also the AW2 AI is a horrendous piece of crap only barely better than the AW1 AI (In fact, almost identical).

Mooglegunner wrote:
Seriously, if there's an American in College who isn't on when you are, they're not working hard enough, or Liberal Arts Majors.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 am 

Game Update: Haha! I have made up for my tank-mistake! (or so I think! Let's hope Carmen's 130/100 helps against what I'm expecting.)

Also kiwi, what maps do you think would work for my game idea? (I can ask for the MAP file if needed)

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:29 pm 

uhh none?
you can use the < and > keys to define map by number of players, if you really wanna look

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:56 am 

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I'm back. The bad news is that you blocked me to move, forcing me to yield.

Hmm... maybe in my next game, I can do one of (what I found out to be) your least favorite things. :twisted:

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 am 

you still here? cake is the name of the game

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:02 am 

Yeah, I know. I've been gone longer than I expected. So I join.

BTW I hope you enjoy my CO pick! :twisted: (I actually have minor regrets now that I see you picked Ember :( )

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:27 pm 

are you ever so lucky I didn't pick Peter and fog

I am expecting GREAT things this time, yeesss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:08 pm 

hey I new, I think I'm okay but i might just be easy kills, could i join the next game make it a three way or something?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:39 pm 

HMM games with more than 2 players tend to go on forever
and if one of us stops taking turns the game gets held up

BUT what the hell right? toast is the name of the game, beta 27, 4 way battle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:20 pm 

I guess I've been drafted to fill in player 4 so kiwi can bug one player about taking turns.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:59 am 

Well my idea for Epoch was to use a CO which I think you said should've been nerfed. 3 CO's came to mind. Peter was, in fact, one of those 3 with Mary being the 3rd one. Of course, since you used Ember, I'm not feeling too lucky. Now I'm split between 2 COs for Toast.

BTW: Which side should I join?

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am 

It shouldn't matter because the map is rotationally symmetrical and I took the side opposite kiwi.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am 

I am going against both of you on side 3.

Now if we STILL don't have a Player 4, I'll have to be a cheapskate and join myself AGAIN. I'll even use a cheap@$$ tag combo to be a TOTAL CHEAPSKATE. But hey, I have the n00b disadvantage. When a Player 4 DOES join, I'll upload Game Info to the OP.

Also: I DL'd Crap Wars and can't handle all the CHANGE.

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am 

It's a free-for-all, remember.

Imagine having 5+ years of AW experience drilled into your brain only to have Dark Days of Ruinous Conflict destroy your sensibilities. Crap Wars is nothing to that. If anything, it's more newb-friendly since you have more options than spamming and micromanging infantry/indirects. I suspect oldcore vets would call this dumbing down the game, but then we *are* talking about a mod by kiwi.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm 

took my turn.
couldn't decide who to pick so i went for the generic option...
hopefully I can have a good game :)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:19 am 

sup got your base

yeah bomber that early was a surprise, so was not using it to snag that neutral base
what happened mate? you mirrored my opening, had the right stuff, even made me panicbuy aas

well anyway have you tried AHC yet?
less artillery spam with it and Narts could use the testing

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 am 

Well, I do thank you for complimenting my early strategy... I guess I couldn't handle AA spam (I think that's why I didn't take the base, I defended my bomber too much).

And yes, I have downloaded AHC. Nice seeing some CCOs not in CW.

And you probably didn't notice, but in the game chat, I left you a RickRoll :twisted:

I also updated Toast game info. Can't believe no one picked a mass damage CO.

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:49 pm 

kiwi wrote:
WHOO SAMURAI SPIRIT

While I'm not liking the outcome, I'm pleasantly surprised by this game even reaching this amount of turns. Some group games wouldn't even start in the past because someone would invariably join and not take the first turn.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:42 pm 

You know, the way CW multiplayer works, people becoming inactive shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure everyone's password is known to everyone in the game and you could always replace dropouts with new people.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:41 am 

Well, right now my units are apparently being nuked with kiwi and DP approaching. I don't know how I can win...

but I have a chance in allegro beta against DP in Mist, for Carmen+Hachi=SURPRISE! I take a city and deploy discount units from it!

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:17 am 

you're using Andy
so yeah the rest of us are gonna nuke your units so you can't repair them

also tags are lame

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:04 am 

kiwi wrote:
so yeah the rest of us are gonna nuke your units

And my units were nuked so well that I yielded... but not without taking out a BCopter!

:twisted: REVENGE KILL! :twisted:

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:07 am 

What happened to taking a city and deploying discount units from it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:53 am 

I actually got two glitches from it...

One glitch was that when you took it back, it was still visible in my mist.
The other glitch was the real problem. Whenever I tried to deploy units from it, my unit would get instantly nuked for no reason.

But I anyway quit.

100/100 otherwise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:06 am 

That's odd. But I guess I was worried about nothing; see what happens when you rely on gimmicky game mechanics? :\