It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:15 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:23 am 

Anyone else has a comment? ...or a rate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:17 am 

Quote:
D2D
100/100 +5 offense per action. Effects end next turn.

Draw: This action lets you to make one enemy unit lose 30% defense. You must be adjacent to use this. After usage, that unit's done for this day. Effects end next turn.

COP
110/110
All units now possess the action Draw.

SCOP
110/110
All units now possess the action Draw and all can perform one extra action which each haven't done yet.

=S

D2D: If it's cumulative then this is broken, so I move 4 units and have 120 attack for my army. And that's before I even begin to do any damage, from then it grows and grows. If it affects each unit independantly, then you have 110/100 directs and 105/100 indirects. This is overpowered.

COP: To make use of this ability, all attacking units need a unit to run up and 'draw' on the enemy. That means half of my army are used to attack, and half are used to draw, instead of all just being used to attack. Why would I waste one of my tanks/recons/AAirs etc just to reduce defense by 30%, when I could have simply attacked with them and made a much larger dent? The only strategy here is to infantry spam, but again, I'd rather try attacking with my infantry as opposed to drawing with them. A simple +30 attack boost completely outclasses this power - it's verging on useless.

SCOP: Similar to above, instead why can't I just have my units granted +30 offense?

In the end, the D2D is overpowered or broken, the COP is useless and the SCOP can be done without the wierd draw thing going on. Giving COs new abilities has generally shown to be a bad idea, especially when an ability can be replaced by a simple stat boost instead. I'd try to find a new concept TBH, ditch the draw thing and try to make something useful =3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:06 am 

The D2D means that if I

1) Move
2) Attack

With my Tank, that tank will attack at 110/100 because it performed two actions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5