It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:17 am 

Fugue wrote:
To get Exo meter. Play team games, build a little meter, then run off and shoot fish at people while the strikers and furries keep the enemy busy on the frontlines. The big fish even home in for you.

There are a few spots in most stages that are good for fish sniping. Just avoid Glacier and Sacrifice and you should be okay.

this this and this

Think of it like this: In order to win, you MUST establish a strategy. The Strikers and Soul Fighters really don't have any strategy, especially at low levels. However, YOU do! >:D

Each class has a job in a team battle

Strikers: Front linemen; these guys' jobs are to just smack the daylights out of others. They purely go in for the offensive and their Exos don't really change their combos.
Soul Fighters: Front linemen at easy levels; with their high Speed and Jump these guys mostly should play mindgames with the opponent. They really can switch it up in terms of effectiveness - they can either pursue the Youngblood Wolf Exo to become a close-range battler, or go for the Ninja Exo and be long-distance battlers.
Elementalists: You're weak in terms of attack but your Special stat is the star here. You'll want to get a good scroll first (Kobudo I think?) but in the meantime you need a strategy. Try your best to get people one-on-one, and then do your best to combo and block and whatnot. After landing a combo, run away and shoulder bash a ton of people until your Exo meter is halfway up. Then, find a place to perch and just fish-snipe.
Alchemists: It's kinda wishy-washy, I'm not sure how to use these guys. I BELIEVE they're good at close-range 1v1 battling as they have a lot of defense but little speed. After their exo builds, they can function as semi-close range battlers - their ground-drill basic Exo is best on stages like Glacier Cove.

but yes just in case you guys are suxin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:27 am 

Do NOT go for shoulder bashes. They're too easy to block and you're completely vulnerable to either a punch or kick afterward if the opponent does (I forget which).
Besides, they don't build meter very well. It's the combos that build Exo quickest, and Elementalists want meter fast so they can snipe away safely.

Also Alchemists are mid-range. They don't have the speed to function up close and their Exo's punch string is a breeze to block and punish. Their Exo doesn't quite have the range of pretty much any other projectile Exo either. Simply get right in their face, wait for their attack, block it and pressure them back, or keep a huge distance and snipe away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am 

I'm an Elementalist. All I do is run around until I see two people fighting, kick them both in the back, run away. I repeat this until my bar is full, then I go to I high point and spam spells. If someone tries to jump up to get me, I kick them.

SEEMS TO WORK IN THE BEGINNER'S MATCH'S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:45 am 

Here is what I have learned so far:

Strikers: Function great, even without their Exo. If they pull out the exo, it's helpful, but not necessary for them to win. In a one-on-one fight, you want to be a Striker since their stats are good all around, and they have the best strength. Blow for blow, in any matchup with no ExoCores, a Striker should win. Even against an Alchemist. But like I said, their ExoCores arn't as impressive... or fun... like the other classes.

Soul Fighter: Not as strong or durable as a Striker, but you rely more on ExoCores to deal damage. Either transform into an animal(LOL NO CLOTHING LOOK FOR YOU) or a ninja that throws stars with near infinite linear range. You are the fastest and the highest jumper. Use that to your advantage. All of your stats, except SP, are still better than an Elementalist.

Elementalist: You have sucky stats all around. You need to be good at surviving and hitting to build up that meter, because your game lives, and dies, by your exocore. If you can't use your core, you're at a serious disadvantage than other classes, because EVERY stat of yours is worst than Strikers, Soul Fighters, and even Alchemists(Except you are slightly faster and jump slightly higher than Alchs, but that's not the point). One on one, you're going to suck unless you have a good ExoCore that works well in one-on-one(Like Wind, Psy, or Fire). If people say your ExoCore is cheap, laugh at them, because you gave up stats in order to do some impressive special skills.

Some Ele sets are for nuking far away, some are for close combat, and some integrate both concepts into one. Try to use a Close Combat set and a Ranged set for your two ExoCore choices. Ranged is great in team games, close combat if you're the last one left or are getting double teamed or something.

Just know that life as a newbie elementalist is hard.

Alchemist: You have average stats. You have the best armor, taking the least damage when hit. You move slow like tar. Live with it. Embrace it. Be the walking sentinel, because like Ele's, you also live by your ExoCore(Though you don't NEED it if you arn't able to pull it out when you want to, since you still fight alright without it). Your exocores make up for your lacking speed: You get guns in some, mechs that roll quickly in others, and even your basic ExoCore gives you an awesome charging strike. Exploit the unawareness of your enemies with your skills, and don't be afraid to take a fight to your enemy: Your defense is more than enough to protect you if you make a mistake getting there. Unless you get edged.

Also: I played a match yesterday and got shoved into Ametuer! I think they fixed the bug of being stuck in beginner forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:23 am 

I AM GOING TO JOIN AS

KARMA CHAMELEON

I WILL BE ALCHEMIST AND BEAT SHIT UP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:07 pm 

LIES MY NAME IS JUST CHAMELEON

JESUS MY CHARACTER IS A PEDO'S PARADISE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm 

SPOILERS ALCHEMISTS ARE SLOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:20 pm 

GOD DAMN IT THAT ICE LEVEL IS GAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:38 pm 

Yeah, Glacier Cove is gay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:44 pm 

HELLO MY NAME IS CHAMELEON I LIKE TO TAKE HITS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:58 pm 

SPOILERS I SUCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm 

OK WHAT I LEARNED

MMO + FIGHTING DOES NOT MIX

THANK YOU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:43 pm 

ALSO AS EXPECTED

I CHOSE A FEMALE CHARACTER AND HAD 3 BUDDY REQUESTS DOING NOTHING BUT SUCKING AND TRYING TO WIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:39 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
rofl
I love you Sven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 pm 

lol sven sux

of course it sucks if you don't know what's going on

We weren't around to help you

The key Sven is to play team games and gang up on the opposing team. It's cheap, but as this nub once said to me, "its a natural action in fights".

Next time, later tonight maybe, add me (Oiishidesu) we'll beat in a few skulls and I'll combo people off the edge of Glacier Cove. If you want to practice, I don't mind doing one-on-ones with you and taking off all my statboosting items.

dude did you even try the tutorial lol

p.s. I just realized I spelled my username wrong, my name is supposed to be "oishii desu"

asdf i made a big flaw in my name

Oii! means "Hey!" >_>;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:48 am 

Lol, Darxio, way off.
Stats are nearly irrelevant in this game except in extreme circumstances. Average attack damage is generally in the range of 50~200 depending on scroll, combo, etc.
Attack increases damage by 1 point. Defense decreases by one point. The difference between a brand new Striker's and a brand new Elementalist's attack is 8 points, and defense is 4 points. Basically, you'll deal only 96 damage instead of the 108 you take.

Also whether or not you can join ameteur is based on your kill-to-death ratio. You need at least a 3:1 rate, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:38 am 

Oh but Fugue, when you're fighting hand to hand, those 96-hits really measure up when the enemy is tossing combos in your direction.

After my Odin Amulet, my 10-hit boxing combo and the Ground-punch exo special does like

half a bar now lol

I can also now battle on Glacier without worrying, too :>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:04 am 

TUTORIAL

TUTORIAL MY ASS

OK YOU ATTACK WITH THIS BUTTON GO FIGHT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:11 am 

SUMMARY

COMMUNITY SUCKS, GAME IS MODERATELY OK, YOU NEED MONEY TO BE ANY GOOD THOUGH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 am 

you forgot one thing

the majority are scrubs

they complain endlessly of ganging in team games and knocking other people off the edge

etc. etc.

however as much as I hate ganging, it happens and oddly enough I came out #1 in both of my Singles games

Maybe I should play Singles more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:04 am 

ok

there's a fucking item that ressurects you if you fall off the edge

also what the hell does the counterattack button do, it never works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:32 am 

The parry only works if you time it right. It calls it a counterattack but it's really just a parry that damages the opponent.

Also I'm in ameteur league now.

Also it did over a third of a bar before any of that Kosh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:37 am 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
I'm quite confident this is the worst game I have ever played and that you people have seriously terrible taste

brb uninstalling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 am 

Fugue wrote:
Also I'm in ameteur league now.

WHAT TEAM GAMES WERE YOU PLAYING

GEEZ ALL MY FRIENDS ARE IN AMATEUR BUT ME

:(((((((((((((((((((

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:13 am 

Cheer up Kosheh, I'm not in Amateur.

Nor in the game itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:21 am 

Kanzer wrote:
Cheer up Kosheh, I'm not in Amateur.

Nor in the game itself.
Same here, except I'm only not playing because Apple is </3

VGN (8:47:01 PM): so, whats ya doin?
Kosheh (8:47:21 PM): masturbating to forum drama
VGN (8:47:38 PM): To the sig with that quote!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:03 pm 

Dear Fugue and April:

I'm in Amateur now. Yaaaaay :D

Sincerely (and getting his ass kicked),

Kosheh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:29 pm 

Yay, remind me to kick your ass after the week is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:12 am 

Lol, this game. I'm gonna play it later today.

I hear some new Carat Exo for all was released, Martial Artist Exo or something. Heard it was great for it's variety the two moves give, and the juggling it allows. Mabye I'll get it, most likely not as I'll stick to Wind Fu and Shock Fu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:24 pm 

so I just picked this game up again as I wait to do some Javascript programming for my friend's private maplestory server (private servers are ok: globalMS maplestory is dogshit)
His server's OK and pretty much everyone knows how to type except for the singaporeans who just joined and play for three days straight so they can grind to lv200

But yeah, I just played and in like three days and about six hours of play total I'm in pro now. And it fucking SUCKS. Everyone takes the game too damn seriously, this that yap yap. Haven't changed anything about my character except she's lost all her awesome stat-gain items.

I am working on a new character, though.

However, the game sucks so much balls at this point that grinding for the Exo Cap just doesn't feel worth it at all.

I'm thinking about dropping 10bux though for some reason and switching over to Soul Fighter too because they came out with a ton of new Exocores.

There's this gun exo for Soul Fighters that shoots in 8 directions; and the other is a straight-fire poison shot. Among other Soul Fighter exos is the Blade Spirit (basically an exo where you're pretty much Ichigo from Bleach - sick ass exo but $10). There's tons more; but there's two new multiclass exos: There's a Golden Lion exo which one of the attacks has you jump in the air and shoot a beam downward (it's pretty fucking cool) and some Ice exo where one attack you throw a high-damage ice spear, and the other freezes an opponent in place (great for edging!!)

yeah i'm purposely losing now just so i can go back to semi-pro so grinding becomes easier again lol
Pro is so fucking BORING

And Capoeira isn't purchasable yet; only GMs use it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:02 am 

Last time I played a MMO because other people at an Advance Wars fansite were talking about it didn't end well for me... I like 2D fighting games the last time I remember playing a 3D fighting game I liked was Soul Calibur 3 with my freind when we were acting stupid and falling off edge's constantly...Anyways in short I am stuck playing Mugen...but that game looks somewhat interesting but from what you said it seems like most MMO's fun at first but gets boring quick... Also about lag teleporting i fought my freind in another fighting game on DS and that happend to him... then the wireless connection was disrupted...this was the longest post i've ever done...

EDIT: Wait a minute i just remembered that one of my freinds said he was playing an onlinf fighting game and he fought someone who blocked so much and he lost... thats when he became a turtle and slowly ruined my fun... Then I started useing unblockable attacks and long combos...then the other person became a Turtle(but not as bad as one) and to this day they will almost always team up to kill me in a FFA no mater what...then my combos became even longer and more varied and i was called cheap once again and now refuse to fight me if i use certain character's.