It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Rock Band guitar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:46 pm 

SUCKS

ok it doesn't SUCK suck, but having tiny fret buttons, which aren't really buttons they're literally parts of the bridge you press in, seems counterintuitive. It feels like a guitar with no strings. Naturally real guitars don't have huge buttons on them but at least you know you're hitting the right note (maybe). Even though its design is supposed to be more realistic the implementation with game mechanics seems crude especially with frets bugging out- jumping quickly from green to red the game acts as if the orange fret is being pressed in for some stupid reason.

I've heard about the drum's bass pedal breaking easy and whammy bar woes but the stratocaster itself feels as fragile compared to the GH controller. It's a shame Activision is being a prick and not allowing Harmonix to patch backwards compatibility with the GH controllers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:48 am 

Not having buttons and pressing into the neck just takes getting used to. I actually find that it makes cords easier.

Rifton wrote:
Now now, Minus, This is CW. Everything is an argument here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:24 am 

360's GH guitar works with 360's Rock Band.

I find the Stratocaster a fine guitar, actually. Better for bass than guitar though.

So my friend uses that when he plays bass, and I use the gh one when I play guitar. Though I can use either fine.

The drum's still fine(Because our friend that drums is very gentle with it... I'm not allowed to drum, lol).

And obviously mic is fine, regardless of how much my friend smashes it as a cowbell.

The 5 of us enjoy rock band, even if there's only 4 instruments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:44 am 

What's the 5th one do? hold up a lighter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:37 am 

He's the groupie.

Rock Band is very fun. Every five minutes, I threaten to go solo, just to let the rest of them know who the real star is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:13 am 

Well, there's 5 of us. Four of them live in the same dorm room. I live in a different dorm room, but they're my friends in the same hall(My roommates are scary wow addicts that are afraid of sunlight... so it's only natural I not stay in there as long as I can when I can. Computer lab and friends are my friend).

I am our best guitarist in Guitar Hero/Rock Band on the entire campus they're willing to bet, bar none. So it's natural I play the guitar for them.

Stefan's black, so he plays bass.

John knows the lyrics to nearly every song ever made by anyone, so he sings.

Shanquar bought the dang thing(And it's his 360), and he likes how awesome the drums are, so he plays drums.

Jaeger plays guitar when I'm not there(He's only just got to hard). He also plays bass sometimes. He's not allowed to sing though... his voice can shatter paper if he tried.

And we all drum when Shanquar wants to play something else.. though Shank is clearly better than all of us at it.

Though yesterday I was at a birthday party for the 2 year old of our cousins... and apparently my 16 year old cousin has a friend that dominates rock band's drums on expert... so I was very impressed with that kid. Of course I shat on them with the guitar.

Everyone forces me to play guitar... but in reality I enjoy the mellowness of the bass...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm 

Yeah that happens a lot. Like I wanna play drums but everyone makes me play guitar because I'm the only one remotely good at it. BUT that doesn't matter now because the strum bar has stopped working. I didn't even slam it on the floor or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:33 pm 

Yeah... I mean, they'd totally let me play bass if Stefan wasn't black.

Even Stefan said that.

But Stefan's black so he must play bass.

Lol stereotypes are funny. Even the black guy loves living up to it(Playing bass, eating watermelon and friend chicken, drinking grape drink, etc).

I don't mind playing guitar either. Spectators are usually flabberghasted by me. I only play with 3 fingers on expert... I never use my Pinky. And everyone who knows me hates me for being able to play expert with 3 fingers when they struggler on hard with 4 fingers.

If I try to use my pinky, I start failing songs... I don't know why...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:11 pm 

kiwi wrote:
Yeah that happens a lot. Like I wanna play drums but everyone makes me play guitar because I'm the only one remotely good at it. BUT that doesn't matter now because the strum bar has stopped working. I didn't even slam it on the floor or anything.

My strumbar also stopped working too. I already sent it back and got a new one. No problems since.

Rifton wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:02 pm 

store return or manufacturer return <_<

I returned my 360 to the store when it first got the red ring, but its replacement got it too and so I did the whole mail thing. I haven't heard too many of these strum bar incidents though so should I bank on the exchange being non-faulty?

The great thing is this always happens for the systems we have new games on. Just great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:11 am 

Manufacture, the store will just tell you to go away.

Rifton wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:26 am 

uh

is the PS3 supposed to sound like a dying car during Green Grass and High Tide's guitar solo? it's a tough song but is it tough on the console too? None of the other songs, or CoD4 or AC, make this happen. Vented, dusted, I really don't want to send this thing to repairs too unless it's going to explode.