It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:42 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:20 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
well, my CCO's don't get defeated, so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:21 am 

All right, I think I'm gonna make some changes with Koshi so he...well, so he actually has a chance against other COs, as if he didn't have one before. here's what I got.

CO Gauge: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
[I took off one star, as...well it really wasn't needed that much to begin with.]

:skill:
The enemy is unable to view Koshi's D2D bar (funds or power gauge, Koshi's profile still appears)
[A little note: Even if the opponent views his profile, they wouldn't see the funds or COP gauge]

:power: CO Power: Quirky Berserky :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
Once the COP is activated, all of Koshi's units randomly take on the appearance of one kind of Super Famicom Wars unit (from the opponent's point of view) The enemy's battle animations are also switched to "Off".
The enemy may attack any unit, however, Koshi's units can still counterattack like the unit they are underneath. While the enemy is attacking, Koshi's damage readout also will fluctuate giving extremely inaccurate readouts.
The dispersion of fire increases for Koshi's own units and the enemy's units. Koshi's units gain a luck range of +30 to -15, while the enemy gets +15 to -30. During the time that Koshi's CO Power is active, the enemy is unable to initiate their CO Powers. Default boosts also apply.
[I added the dispersion of fire because while cloaking, Kireato among a few others can calculate what damage had been lost on either army and the unit can be determined. Throwing off the amount of damage done will make this COP little more effective, as when the amount of damage done changes it'll be harder for the enemy to poinpoint exactly what this unit might be...not only this, it actually affects an AI opponent as well given the dispersion of fire. Turning animations off makes this power slightly more effective, and 1) The change from "LOL%" or "???%" and 2) transforming into one specific unit are for the sake of easier programming. =D]

:super: Super CO Power: Chicken Kick :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
As soon as the SCOP is initiated, Koshi summons Fog of War for the opponent and their vision is reduced to 1. The enemy also does not gain any power stars for the duration of the day that Koshi is attacking.
The effects of Koshi's SCOP end at the beginning of Koshi's next turn. Default boosts apply.
[During a Tag Break, the Fog lasts during the second CO's turn and ends at the start of the next turn, just as it would with Koshi]
[I took off the Mist of War as it's a hindrance to Koshi in clear weather and pointless in FoW. I also wanted BOTH the powers to disable the opponent from initiating their CO Powers but instead...uh, I just went with this, yeah.]

Yeah, that's all I got for now. Thoughts? >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:59 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
I'm thinking the COP is overpowered, mostly due to the luck stuffs

at least it isn't pwned as much by the print-screen tactic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:59 am 

Perhaps to counter Prnt Scr:

How about not letting the opponent see your units move :/

like... no movement whatsoever, until end of turn, then all units pop to where they are, and damage and stuff can be seen :/

Or like... a giant black screen to block ye during his phase :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:35 pm 

I would think that is beyond broken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:39 pm 

Keep the prt scr alone. The luck variation + hidden hp makes it a lot more effective, effective enough for 3 stars, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:07 am 

Aizen wrote:
I would think that is beyond broken.

Goddammit I wish you guys would stop throwing that word around at every turn. its hardly considered "broken" it just means you cant see where they move so you cant print screen them to death.

You are devaluing the goddamn word :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:36 am 

Oh, "no seeing the opponent's move"...that reminds me

I'm gonna try to draw something for that. Rather than a black screen, I might as well spruce it up with a silly image or something, so you'll be sick of it come the fifth time you use the CO Power ^__^

Also, the COP is FAR from broken. Slightly overpowered, perhaps, but you can't tell me there's COs in the game who aren't overpowered already...lol, aira

it's basically the equivalent of that scene in Full Metal Jacket:

1) guy is sleeping. it is dark
2) people put soapbars in socks and sneak up on guy
3) beat on guy and it hurts like a bitch
4) can't see who it was or determine who did what
5) lights come back on and everyone is tucked away in their beds. <3

Besides, rather than make koshi totally suck, now he'll at least have a COP that you'll actually use :E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:19 am 

I'm gonna simplify it (lol, dumb it down) as I find it easier to judge in bullet points :3

- All units turn into into a random SFW unit of the same kind.
- BAs turned off.
- Enemy units can attack anything, though it may result in 0 damage if that unit is usually unattackable.
- The enemy cannot use their power.
- And is this +30/-15 luck for you but +15/-30 for the enemy? Or is it simply that the damage won't change, but the readout will vary within those boundaries?

Hmm. The same kind of unit works, and as does the attacking even if it can't thing. Those are the main aspects of the power as it really confuses your opponent, while the no power thing stops your opponent kind of pulling out a trump card to dispel this to a degree. If the last point is luck, then it's overpowered, however if it's just fluctuating damage readouts then again it screws your opponent over. The power's all about confusing the opponent and it does do it well, does it do it too well? Maybe, but we'll have to wait 'til testing to see exactly how he pans out in battle.

You need hidden HP aswell as the HP values of units make them easier to track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm 

Xaif wrote:
I'm gonna simplify it (lol, dumb it down) as I find it easier to judge in bullet points :3

- All units turn into into a random SFW unit of the same kind.
- BAs turned off.
- Enemy units can attack anything, though it may result in 0 damage if that unit is usually unattackable.
- The enemy cannot use their power.
- And is this +30/-15 luck for you but +15/-30 for the enemy? Or is it simply that the damage won't change, but the readout will vary within those boundaries?

Actually, I was planning to go for actual damage. I guess it's overpowered, but it's a damn fine effect when your opponent doesn't have a single clue what attacked which and so on...it's more or less one of those things that are "let's see it in action before we judge". The main purpose for it is that it complements the "unit transformation" in the sense that it makes it much harder to determine exactly what Koshi's transformed unit may be...actually, Koshi's dispersion of fire is Jugger's D2D during this power, and the enemy has it in reverse...kinda <_<
If it's so overpowered that it's in the "broken" range after testing, then we can just make Koshi's dispersion of fire increase and tack on hidden HP for Koshi's units.
Giving the enemy hidden HP as well would turn him into Walter. >_>

Besides, if I had gone with a straight drop in luck for the opponent, then it would just be another Mina or Falcone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:22 am 

Well, adding Epoch's "You, me, everyone's HP is hidden" effect would be sadistic, but fit his theme.

It might sort of steal his thunder, though.

Don't even think about faux damage and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:30 am 

<___<!

I ADDED DEFEAT QUOTES AND THOSE LITTLE QUOTES THAT APPEAR DURING BATTLES

ALSO I WROTE THESE MENU THINGS.

Woof! Koshi's menu quotes!

>Campaign – “When you select this mode, you’re throwing small amounts of your time away to save the world. COOL, RIGHT?”
>War Room - "Here, you get to fight a computer opponent in slightly challenging conditions. In case you have no friends or something..”
>Versus - "Bored of the computer already?! Good. Fight like, real people here. Then go outside and take a walk."
>Design Room - "In this mode, you’re laying down acres of land to make different landscapes! YOU’RE A GOD!"
>Battle Maps - "Uh. Buy stuff here."
>Sound Room - "This game has decent music, right? Listen to it here."
>Credits - "There’s people who made this game. Without them, you wouldn’t be playing this game."
>Options - "You can adjust game settings here and make Custom Wars CUSTOMIZABLE. OOOH~”
>Exit CW - "…What? Not yet! I was just going to tell you what this option does! ;_;"
>Save - "Good idea. Let’s save so we don’t have to do this again."
>Overwrite - "There’s data here, but uh…look at it this way, you’ll never have to uh... do that map again either.”
>New Game - "So uh…hi. This your first time playing? Go with this to you know, start a new game."
>Continue - "If you select this option…you can continue saving the world. Or destroying it if you’re a bad guy."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:18 am 

ooof waht about "unit limit"

huh?

huh?

exactly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:01 pm 

That's easy.

>Unit limit - "More than 50 units? DO NOT WANT."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:27 am 

umm no.

Limit isnt always 50.

Dont use the number 50.

GWAHHH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:03 pm 

http://www.customwars.com/viewtopic.php?p=125150#125150

omfglol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:10 am 

...fix the super?

COOL

It's totally ironic as I thought the COP was bad <_<;

Looks like I'm going to have to tweak the SCOP a bit - it's 7 stars for the reason that uh, the player can DCOP. It appears though that might not be needed.
So yeah, I shall go to the drawing board and come up with an awesome SCOP to complement the awesome COP (unless like, the Koshi player really would rely on DCOPing to begin with) The idea of the COP was the mindgame aspect, so I'm sure adding something to the SCOP would fix it...or, instead should I eliminate FOW altogether and try a new concept altogether? Koshi's theme is mind games/intel sabotage, so uh
lole
Also, the situationalityness was all about:

If FOW, use the COP
If not FOW, use the SCOP

also:

zomg artemis

On that note, I could make Koshi's bar xxxXX but then he'd feel like Koal, but it'd make Koshi work more like the "if or if not FOW"-ness.

Likewise, I wish I could do that thing that Waldo did - every unit reverts to "hidden" status but that would just make it "lol, lightning strike plus", but the cool thing is that you'd actually need to clump units together in order to properly fight Koshi, and then like

rattigan comes along to join the party lol

EDIT: hey what if I made the SCOP last two days rofl
Basically - last two days
Day 1: Enemy vision is reduced to 1.
Day 2: Enemy vision is reduced by 1.

idklol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:03 am 

lol or maybe you could do same time counters for more SFW stuff.

With other effects of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:21 am 

Units that are ambushed are paralyzed? >_>
That would require a larger power on top of FoW and vision reduction, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:24 pm 

Uh the super would still be meh since like lol Artemis already has the rapage fog powers. He's got fog/blackout for 4/5 stars with other cool effects on top of that.

Anything that's pure anti-attack should not be worth like 7 stars lol. You're going to at least need anti-move or something on top of that, and Artemis has both for 4 stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:47 pm 

omg bump

Okay so like I've been thinking on how to do that super and I had this cool idea rofl, but I'm not sure how to approach it. What I had in mind was to base the SCOP off of that irritating game of Minesweeper. However, Minesweeper works that you click on an empty bit and then the numbers appear, telling you how many mines are around. The few ideas I had were in bold. And they're probably not Mindsweepery at all.

FOW still rolls in, enemy vision is reduced by -2 down with a minimum of MD Tank vision. [lol not ain shut up] However, Koshi doesn't get any vision bonuses.

1) Mass damage [ugh], however it's MD based on how many units are surrounding the unit, both allied and enemy. So if something's got 3MD on it you know there's 3 units hiding around it. However, this applies to only units directly next to the unit, no diagonals. [The MD only affects the enemy, though]
2) When Koshi opens fire on a unit, the ambushed unit loses defense for each unit around it that isn't Koshi's [omg, ran] If the unit isn't KO'ed, Koshi also "gains" the vision range on the units that have been ambushed (so when he attacks a recon, he'd be able to see within that recon's 3 vision; when attacking a tank, he'd be able to see that tank and its range (which would be a range of 1 and so on). This "vision bonus" ends at the start of Koshi's turn.
3) During the opponent's turn, Koshi's units gain defense for each allied unit surrounding it

That's not the entire power, that's three different ideas I had in mind >_>
I'm just hoping they're not freakishly overpowered, because #1 feels overused because it has "mass damage" in the description. However, it's nice and situational because if the enemy's units aren't surrounded by anything, they suffer no damage, but they can take up to 4MD omg wtf. >_>
BUT YEAH THAT'S JUST MY MINESWEEPER-BASED IDEAS. If they don't work, I'll just get back to brainstorming. :E

Last edited by Kosheh on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:54 pm 

Don't worry, I'll help once Ain is done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:56 pm 

I DIDN'T SAY I WAS WORRIED
These ideas just popped into my head and see, it'd be nice if Koshi stayed totally rad so Ain wouldn't make him obsolete. >_>

BUT I HAD IDEAS, YOU GUYS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:40 pm 

OK.

I am confused.

Help me <_<.

Ain and Kosheh (Koshi, I mean <_<) are different enough. One is based on your opponent not knowing what is going on and the other on the opponent not being able to attack. There is a difference.

But a random suggestion:

a) If the opponent's unit is trapped, Koshi's unit can fire on it at full power without suffering counterattacks

A more simple way to do something minesweeper related without you being screwed to no end by counterattacks (infantry trapping a MDtank FTL? >_>

Just...please...try to keep it simple. I know that simple and Kosheh are two things that don't mix well together, but you can always try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:20 am 

CO_Frosty wrote:
If the opponent's unit is trapped, Koshi's unit can fire on it at full power without suffering counterattacks

dammit frosty why are you so good at this XD

But yeah, I assume that if Koshi is first (he's OS) and a BM unit gets trapped, on their turn, Koshi gets the bonus the next day? :0

Either way, this is a very nice idea. What does the general public say? :0

basically it's like, "if Koshi is OS, on his next turn he can fire on said trapped unit at full power without worry of counterattacks" >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:38 am 

Actually, I meant...err...

Let's say Koshi is OS and Mr Guinea Pig is BM. The guinea pig moves his tank 6 spaces foward and, since it doesn't know WTH is in front of him, gets trapped by an OS tank, making it stop. On that exact moment, the OS tank will fire at the BM tank, without suffering any counterattacks.

If you are feeling really sadistic you can also make your indirects shoot at the opponent's unit immediately in case they wait on it's range. So if Mr Guinea Pig moves his tank right into a square one of Koshi's artilleries can fire at and presses "wait", said tank will receive an attack from the artillery.

But only if you are feeling really sadistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:57 am 

CO_Frosty wrote:
Let's say Koshi is OS and Mr Guinea Pig is BM. The guinea pig moves his tank 6 spaces foward and, since it doesn't know WTH is in front of him, gets trapped by an OS tank, making it stop. On that exact moment, the OS tank will fire at the BM tank, without suffering any counterattacks.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too...awesome. Thanks for clearing that up >:3

CO_Frosty wrote:
If you are feeling really sadistic you can also make your indirects shoot at the opponent's unit immediately in case they wait on it's range. So if Mr Guinea Pig moves his tank right into a square one of Koshi's artilleries can fire at and presses "wait", said tank will receive an attack from the artillery.

I'd totally go sadistic for this >_>!!! Koshi was made with the intent of annoying the ass out of your opponent and I think that would just take the cake x3

So like other peoples reading the topic, does it sound good and masochisty? Because I so want to use this >:33

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:21 am 

I like both, I've always wondered why there weren't any COs that could ambush (although FoW being fairly rare likely is a reason why).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:41 am 

kosheh wrote:
CO_Frosty wrote:

I'd totally go sadistic for this >_>!!! Koshi was made with the intent of annoying the ass out of your opponent and I think that would just take the cake x3

So like other peoples reading the topic, does it sound good and masochisty? Because I so want to use this >:33
DO IT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:42 am 

Quote:

full approval from me. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:49 am 

kosheh wrote:
CO_Frosty wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking, too...awesome. Thanks for clearing that up >:3

CO_Frosty wrote:

Masochists are submissive. You're thinking of sadists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:55 am 

uh, should I booth it? >_>

Personally I'd just tack it on here, but if it needs to pass through the booth I should probably.

lol i'm the admin and i forget how the system works
just lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:56 am 

don't booth it. >_>

Kosh barges in on IBVG's post to say: Cool then, I won't booth it <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:10 am 

I'm not liking that SCOP.

Booth it so I can nay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:23 am 

Shino had that same idea of abushing and instant counter at one point in his life. So:

*STAMP OF APPROVAL*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:31 am 

New quotes! Now with less suck! :D

Now to rearrange some tags and then I can sleep peacefully >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:14 am 

Heh, I just noticed something ironic in one of Koshi's in quotes with Carrie. In this topic, Koshi says "Oh, Carrie, you've got such mo-e ankles..." whereas in the Carrie topic he says "Oh, Carrie, you've got such mo-e glasses...". The irony is that IIRC, Kosheh's a sucker for consistency.

>>
<<

That'd be all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 am 

Nebula wrote:
Heh, I just noticed something ironic in one of Koshi's in quotes with Carrie. In this topic, Koshi says "Oh, Carrie, you've got such mo-e ankles..." whereas in the Carrie topic he says "Oh, Carrie, you've got such mo-e glasses...". The irony is that IIRC, Kosheh's a sucker for consistency.

>>
<<

That'd be all.

I'm a sucker for graphical consistency.

Quotes are another story.

i can't believe I didn't catch that though rofl <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:18 am 

Kosh, you should remove the first "Believe it" from the quote about the ninja skillz >_>;

Also, change "LoL" to "MY POWER LEVEL IS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!!!"

YOU MUST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:42 am 

While we're on the subject, what exactly does "mo-e" mean? >>;

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next