It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:07 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Xavier - Dark Matter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 pm 

Quote:
CO: Xavier
Army: Dark Matter

Quote:
Description.png: Xavier isn't really that much in physical build, so he's rather slim, not that that's a bad thing. He is always seen by his fellow commanders while wearing a mask. A black oval-shaped mask, with a visor of one-way glass over his eyes, and a small slit for his mouth. His eyes, beneath the glass, are neon-blue in color, and his hair, sticking out the back of the mask, is a bit grown out and has a tannish hue to it. (One-way glass meaning he can see out the mask, but no-one else can see into it.) His normal commander attire consists of a black long-sleeved shirt and dark-green jeans. Ususally, his jean pockets have old discarded shreds of wire sticking out of them, and his shirt has a tear in it, up around his left shoulder. He also wears a pair of fake claws, though no-one has any idea why.

Description.ALT: For his alternate attire, Xavier dons a skull-shaped mask with red one-way lenses in the eyeholes. He also wears a dark green, almost black, robe down to his feet. Kinda like a necromancer or something.

Background.txt: Xavier was the only child born into a well-known family in Black Hole's industrial web, and as such grew up in a luxurious manner, or so one would think. If you asked Xavier himself how his youth went for him, he'd have a real tale to tell you. His father had died only a short while after his birth, due to unknown causes. Thus, he grew up only knowing his mother, who would greatly influence his future.

Natalie, Xavier's mother, was renowned throughout Black Hole as an expert at virtual engineering. Since she knew that Xavier didn't have many friends at school or in the neighborhood, she allowed him to watch her do her work. However, Black Hole had no need of her services at that time, so she mostly tinkered with her own prized creation, the Minus Gate. The Minus Gate was like a bomb, a bomb that was triggered by virtual interference data. When the bomb went off, a small radius around it was engulfed in a storm of electromagnetic energy for a small period of time. This field was a prime area for utilizing holographic technology.

On Xavier's 11th birthday, Natalie gave him a special birthday present. She allowed him to help her with a small test she had planned. To observe the effects of the Minus Gate, she would stand at the epicenter of the Gate's detonation, and collect fragments of the energy within the radius. Xavier was excited at the thought that his mother would be the first-ever person to see a virtual reality, in person. He did what he was told, and fired a small Gate blast at the target. Upon the resulting flash, the area around the target vanished into a dark mass. This is where it all went wrong.

Inside the radius, Natalie noticed something wrong. Her body began to act strange. She reached out to try and escape the mass, but realized that the worst had happened. She was trapped inside. Outside, Xavier watched the timer, until the Gate wore off. 3... 2... 1... *poof* The Gate area vanished, but... it left nothing behind. Not even any scorch marks, like it usually left. Xavier stared at the spot, unable to speak. His eyes slowly filled with tears, as he came to realize that Natalie, his only family, was gone, lost in a virtual rift.

Instead of living his life in sorrow, Xavier sucked it up and began doing research on his mother's work, searching for a way to save her. In his search, he found two curiosities. One was a guide to the Minus Gate, with the files from Natalie's work. This could surely help Xavier figure out this dilemma. The other was also a guide, a guide to army commanding. The cover had "Kyle" scrawled on it. Kyle was Xavier's father's name, so the book must've belonged to him. Inside the front cover was a message.

"Natalie, give this book to my son when he's old enough. Tell him that I want him to try and become a commander. I have to write this quickly, because he'll be here soon. The man out to kill me, his name is G..v.s. He is certified as an army commander himself, and it would relieve me so if my son could avenge me..." And the note was cut off. The name of Kyle's killer looked as though it had been almost erased away...

Guidebooks in hand, Xavier set off with two missions. One being to become a commander and try to find Kyle's killer, and the other to perfect the Gate and try to get Natalie back. He felt it too much of a hassle to attend any sort of school to be a commander, so he foraged himself a certification and set off on his journey.

In his travels, he met up with a silent individual by the name of Talyx, who was out surveying military activity in the region. Xavier, having to affection for his homeland, shared with Talyx some tidbits about Black Hole's strategems. Heas impressed with Xavier's knowledge and asked if he wanted to become a tactical advisor for the unknown faction, Dark Matter. Xavier accepted, if only because he had nowhere else to go, and no leads as to where the killer may be.

By harnessing Dark Matter's advanced technology, he was able to make sufficient progress on the Gate, so much so that the Gate could open a massive area of energy, with only a small power input. This all-powerful device, he dubbed the 'Minus Dimension'. Though he still hadn't thought of a way to recover Natalie yet, he did notice a shady man watching his work.

Xavier spoke with the man one day, who introduced himself as Graves. He was a cold, solid figure, and didn't seem to particularly enjoy conversation. It was then that Xavier realized it. This man, Graves, was the one he had been looking for. His eyes opened wide as he realized this, but with that Graves walked away, without glancing back.

Talyx, it seems, had also caught on to what Xavier had in mind. He told Xavier that Graves wasn't who he used to be, but it didn't make him feel any more comfortable. Also, Talyx told him that, in light of Dark Matter needing more commanders for their various missions, he should consider commanding. Xavier showed Talyx the book he had brought with him, and he approved, saying that that particular book was one of Black Hole's finest militia textbooks, and that only superior figures were seen in possession of it.

Thus, a new chapter of Xavier's life had opened, a chapter that promised to be the most intriguing yet. The war would soon begin, and Xavier was ready to meet it head-on, no matter what the cost. He vowed to restore Natalie to her rightful reality, and to avenge his father by settling the score with Graves.

In his time with Dark Matter, he met a shady commander by the name of Mina. Xavier saw that she was in some kind of trance, owing to the fact that he had seen her in argument with herself, a different form of herself. This made Xavier realize that Dark Matter was more evil than he had at first thought, and he would do his best to try and free Mina behind the backs of his fellow commanders.

:hit: Uncertainty
:miss: Definitives

Personality.txt: Xavier fulfills his duties without second thought or consideration of the after-effects of his actions. Truly dedicated to only his own cause and the well-being of Dark Matter, this is all one needs to know about him.

Quote:
:skill: Xavier is a master of holographic technology, using various energy sources to generate illusions and cloaking fields. The heavier the area around the enemy units, the more power Xavier's units can channel, allowing them to throw off enemy fire more effectively.

- 100/100 units.
- Whenever an enemy unit battles one of Xavier's units, even in a counterattack, the enemy unit suffers a guaranteed 2.5% negative luck for every terrain star inherent to the terrain that their unit is on.

Meter: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Phasing Charge
Xavier uses holographically-hidden weaponry to open fire on the enemy in unison with the shots from his forces. These shots are fired as is from nowhere, and are as such unavoidable.

- Whenever one of Xavier's non-infantry units attacks this turn, the attack has 20% guaranteed luck.

:super: Reality Minus
Xavier's hidden project, the Minus Dimension, is unveiled and begins to worm its way across the battlefield. Xavier's troops utilize the electron-charged atmospehere to create holographic copies of themselves, for utility purposes. These powers prove very deadly, especially when coupled with Xavier.

- During this turn, when Xavier moves one of his units, a holographic form of that unit appears, ready to be moved, on the spot that the unit moved from originally.
- These holographic units appear with the same amount of HP as the unit they originated from. Also, they have 80/70 stats and 1 ammo for their primary weapon if they have one.
- Holographic units can be attacked just like ordinary units. However, holographic units are not treated as legal targets for the 'Join' command.
- When Xavier's next turn starts, any holographic units still remaining in his army are immediately destroyed.
- In tags, if Xavier goes first, his tag partner's power still affects the holographic units, and they still die when Xavier/?'s next turn starts.

Tag Affinities:
Mina: 105% * (Kaleidoscope)
Cassidy: 110% * (Hidden Agendas)
Dreadnaught/Levenworth: 105%
Graves: 85%

Quote:
Power Quotes:
- "You know, the laws of physics are made to be broken. Observe."
- "You might say I'm a rather.. twisted individual."
- "Reality is only trivial. Watch and learn."
- "Allow me to reprimand, for your atrocious command."
- "I'm sure you'll get quite a scare out of this!"
- "Are you sure of the truth in what you see?"

Win Quotes:
- "... I must return to my work now."
- "See, this is reality. You never stood a chance."
- "You are intellectually inferior to me. Simple as that."

Defeat Quotes:
- "No matter. My mind was simply elsewhere."
- "I'd feel bad if this was actually your win, not some fluke."

Tagging-In Quotes:
- "Move over, I'll give it a shot."
- "Couldn't handle them, eh?"

Tag Win Quotes:
w/ Mina
Xavier: "Why do you not fight that which is controlling you?"
Mina: "Quit speaking nonsense. We have work to do."

Xavier: "Mina, may I ask, what are you really like?"
Mina: "I'd be happy to ... Enough talk. Be silent."

Mina: "Your performance was satisfactory. Continue with it."
Xavier: "That's all you have to say after that? What ARE you?"

Mina: "Be silent, you. Not a word about me."
Xavier: "Don't deny the truth, Mina. It only makes it worse."

w/ Cassidy
Xavier: "The enemy's static friction coefficient was far too low."
Cassidy: "The battle played out just as I calculated."

Xavier: "Simpler designs are inevitably more effective."
Cassidy: "What is unnecessary only gets in the way."

Cassidy: "How long before Dark Matter has no more use for us?"
Xavier: "They're not using me. I'm using them."

Cassidy: "Sad, isn't it? They put no real thought into their strategy."
Xavier: "Exactly. We defy reality, while they just deny reality."

Last edited by Killing Edge on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:56 am 

Man, that bio is sweet.
I wish I had given Xavier a rate.... he'd probably get almost a 200 from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:14 am 

where's his sprite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:40 am 

I still would like to encourage you to change that COP, but that's up to you. Otherwise, a good CO in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:05 pm 

I've decided. Cassidy just has to tag with this guy. Do you agree?

Also, is the PG Campaign Roster now filled?

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:10 am 

I'm working on a new sprite as the previous one I made didn't really capture his attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:38 am 

The Helpful Troll wrote:
I'm working on a new sprite as the previous one I made didn't really capture his attitude.

Arty: ... And what am I? Chopped liver? >_>

You're either completely oblivious, or the greatest actor in the world.

For the sake of my sanity I'm hoping the second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:39 am 

artemis has gotten more then his fair share of spritework

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:26 am 

Sven wrote:
artemis has gotten more then his fair share of spritework

Yes, but they all sucked. *smacks Sven over the head with a frying pan, and drags him off screen* Anyone else wanna argue with Lego Logic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:34 am 

I will.

Lego Logic fails. Jugger Logic is the wave of the future. >_>

Seriously, don't pester Troll, or he'll eat you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:53 am 

JuggerV2 wrote:
I will.

*hits Jugger with an EMP pulse, and drags him off screen* Next victim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:17 pm 

legoman727 wrote:
JuggerV2 wrote:
I will.

*hits Jugger with an EMP pulse, and drags him off screen* Next victim?

Artemis is a drake clone. <_<
Also
JuggerV2 wrote:

*flees off stage* hah, now you cant hit me and drag me off stage~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:19 pm 

*sets off a nanobot-bomb in your stomach from that cookie I gave you*

Shaky: Asplode'd.

*chalks victim count up to three*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:23 pm 

legoman727 wrote:
*sets off a nanobot-bomb in your stomach from that cookie I gave you*

Shaky: Asplode'd.

*chalks victim count up to three*

What cookie?
If it was chocolate-chip, I probably barfed it out. I hate chocolate.~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:24 pm 

Uh, guys, you've went from Completed CCOs to RWC five posts ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:50 am 

I've finished the Cassidy/Xavier Tag Victory quotes (in Cassidy's topic). Do they look good to you, or are there changes necessary?

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:27 pm 

I approve of the aforementioned tag victory quotes, and shall add them in tomorrow morning when I have more time on the computer.

Thanks Chess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:32 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:17 am 

A question:
Do holograms count as a unit in the intel screen, and if the number of units exceed 50, will the holograms still be created?

Miss: Pain
Violence = Leading cause of death in this country = illegal = fine and dandy. Pg-13, R if it's really bad.
Sex = leading cause of life in this country = natural and perfectly legal biological process = OMG TEH NOES XXX!11!!! ---Someone at some forum, I forget
"If you have made mistakes. . . there is always another chance for you. . . You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:34 am 

Jessica tag quotes need putting in plox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:14 am 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
I still don't like his sprite at all <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:47 am 

you don't like anything

hater

Quote:
[19:46] Shane: Jim Morrison is hot

S= -.03 (V-21)^2 +12
Where S is Helen's score and V is votes cast.
A vote for Dark Matter is a vote for Fecal Matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:49 am 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
nu uh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:56 am 

Some guy at work today called my friend Brendon a racist because he didn't like black people... Funny thing is Brendon is from Jamaica.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:39 am 

Gameshark wrote:
Some guy at work today called my friend Brendon a racist because he didn't like black people... Funny thing is Brendon is from Jamaica.

Are you telling me... that Deoxy is a freakish, male, clawed mutant in a video game?

Or was that post just pretty much unrelated to what was going on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:25 am 

I just felt like sharing that story with CW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:50 pm 

omg thoughts

http://www.customwars.com/viewtopic.php?p=122760#122760

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:21 am 

Hmmm so anyway Xavier's tag info here doesn't match the tag info he has in that official dossier list :[

Edit: Also I hope you will also make certain actions like BBomb explosions be disabled because uh, a BBomb cloning itself and then exploding along with its after-image would be much lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:35 am 

I took a second look at Xavier, and tried to craft a simplified skillset for him. Here's my current results.

Quote:
:skill:
- 100/100 units.
- Xavier's units don't deal less luck-based damage as their HP drops. (Their possible luck is always 10%, regardless of HP.)

Meter: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Phasing Charge
- Xavier's non-infantry units attack with 20% guaranteed luck damage.
- Standard +10/+10 boost.

:super: Reality Minus
- Whenever one of Xavier's non-clone units performs a secondary action that isn't Wait or Explode, a clone of that unit is spawned on the space where the original unit started. (If Xavier attacks with an indirect-combat unit, the clone spawns in a space adjacent to the indirect, or as close as possible.)
- Clone units are spawned at 4HP.
(Clone units aren't counted on Xavier's unit count, if CW still has a unit maximum.)

Last edited by Killing Edge on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 pm 

I'm bumping to see if anybody noticed my above post or if they prefer his normal incarnation. Notice the date that I posted the above post. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:10 am 

This really has nothing to do with Xavier himself, but my CCO Vanguard's COP and D2D currently greatly resemble these (it was an accident, I swear). <_<; Are there any ideas that you'd be willing to donate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:42 am 

@KE: His D2D and powers don't mesh that well. Here's what I would use for the D2D:

:skill:
- His unit's luck doesn't decrease with HP loss.

Much more synergy, and not as broken as max luck if under 5 HP.

Adam: [on Jamie's cardboard milkshake]That tastes uncannily like cardboard.

Adam: *prances inside large tank*
Jamie: Hey Adam, do you want to know what this tank was used for holding?
Adam: *continues prancing* Yeah, what?
Jamie: Fecal matter.
Adam: *runs out screaming*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:44 am 

That works too. I always forget that luck damage drops with HP. One of the smaller tidbits of the game mechanics. (And to think I figured out how damage is calculated in FE. >_>)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:52 am 

The damage calculation for FE is very simple, at least for the GBA ones. Just get the attack, add the power of the weapon and subtract the defense. Now, the calculation for evasion rate is more complicated.

Anyway, I don't know about Rifton's idea...although it seems nice. But the current D2D programmed and the D2D on your last statset are hideous, as in, not fitting. So, I'd suggest you change it.

The COP and SCOP are fine in both versions. But the SCOP on the last one is cleaner, so I'd go with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:56 am 

The statset in my last post has Rifton's D2D edited into it. I envision Xavier to be a unique luck specialist who can prove more fun to use than Nell, which I personally would like very much. Using Nell is boring.

- Spam infantry and stuff to attack ships/planes.
- Save up for SCOP.
- Pray to the RNG gods. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:18 pm 

Would anybody care if I were to have this guy axed from the game? He does absolutely nothing for CW.

- He doesn't contribute to the story. At all.
- His stats are mneh and he doesn't really fill any sort of niche.
- He has no fanbase. None that I can see anyway.
- He's been used maybe one or 2 times in play.
- I have a better use for his COP.

So, yeah. <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:41 pm 

Can I have him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:44 pm 

If you'd like to take him off my hands, then be my guest. However, that COP is mine and I'm keeping it. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:46 pm 

Awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:49 pm 

I assume you want just his creative and SCO to use for something else?