It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nicole V.6- Need Positags & D2D/SCOP Comments
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:45 am 

JC CCO Nicole

V.6- D2D and SCOP updated

Female, 23
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MEDIA:
Sprite: I have an Xo sketch!
Now someone sprite it.
Concept Image:
Thanks go to the great Kosheh
Alt Idea: Nicole is wearing a dark green T-shirt, khaki pants, and A necklace with the JC emblem as a pendant. She looks much more carefree.
Theme:
Thanks go to king Veggie.
Rotate To Third
BIO:
Bio: Thanks go to Jajit:
Nicole was the daughter of a struggling Blue Moon businessman. An only child, she was constantly neglected- her parents both had to work full time to make ends meet. Her father was a gambler who played the stock market, but ended belly up more often than making any kind of profit at all. At a very early age, she was left at home for long periods of time by herself, while her parents worked- their long hours often coincided, and they couldn't afford a babysitter. She was welcome to whatever was in the fridge... but there usually wasn't very much. Nicole grew up isolated with very few friends. She wasn't a sociable person, and her blunt, matter of fact personality seemed to restrict her relationships with others.

All soon changed when she was ten years old. An investment her father had made had paid dividends, leaving Nicole's family quite well off, indeed. Nicole's family weren't used to success; having failed so many times. It left them in a strange state of mind. The first thing they did was move to a nicer neighbourhood. They withdrew their life savings and took out a mortgage on a massive mansion in one of Blue Moon's poshest roads. By sheer coincidence, Nicole wasn't the only CO-to-be living there...

Poshest neighbourhood? Why, where else would Colin and Sasha live? The children lived in the largest house on the entire street, an imposing structure, perfectly befitting a family of such obvious wealth and social status. Nicole noticed that they were the only children in the entire area; the rest was populated by wealthy, single men and women from thirty to eighty.

Nicole found it hard to adjust. Sasha was quick to notice Nicole's lower-class accent, and immediately came to the conclusion that Nicole wasn't worthy of their time- after all, time is money... and who loves money more than Sasha? Colin, who was just a toddler at the time, started to warm to Nicole, but Sasha dragged him away- they couldn't be seen with such people. This left Nicole, very lonely indeed, with a new enemy.

Around this time, Nicole experienced one of the most traumatic experiences of her life; She was almost run over. Luckily, in the nick of time, a young man ran out and pushed her out of the way, saving her life. Sitting there, stunned, she saw the boy's legs get crushed under the wheels of a delivery truck. Crying, she ran home after calling the authorities.

Time passed, and it became obvious that Nicole's parents were out of their depth. They were struggling to keep up the repayments on their home, and were reduced to taking out loan after loan to pay their debts, simply delaying time until a second windfall, a second miracle, would bestow them...

It didn't.

Forced out of their house, Nicole and her parents were forced back to their urban nightmare, with Nicole, now a late teen, forced to work part time to help support them. No higher education. No second chances. At least, that's what Nicole thought...

Nicole was working as a secretary in her father's company when an oppurtunity arose. It would eventually become apparent that they had little choice but to relocate to a new nation, Jade Cosmos. And so, the family was once again uplifted from it's roots and thrust into unfamiliar territory. Nicole's social life was in turmoil; the constant moving about left her isolated. She was doing poorly at work, too. After a bitter argument with her father, she resigned. Unemployed and now homeless (her father kicked her out) Nicole had little choice but to join the military. It wasn't exactly Nicole's dream job, but it paid fairly and provided sleeping quarters.

While in the JC military, Nicole was immensely lonely. Dragged away from her friends and family, she Was unable to find companionship anywhere; all the other COs were so much more intellectual than her. However, A man named Eniac decided to show her an internet chat area devoted to matchmaking. Here, she met someone in the GE military who looked vaguely familiar. She was reluctant to mention her name, until she heard him mention 2 broken legs. Immediately, it came to her. Could he have been the boy that had saved her, so long ago? They started Chatting more, and a friendship was born.

Description: Nicole is a businesswoman, first and foremost. She has a vaguely regretful expression on her face, and always carries a briefcase with her computer and finances inside it.
Personality: see in-game Bio
TECH:

In Game Bio: Nicole is a clever businesswoman, whom has found a new home in CS. She uses her skills at embezzlement to both help her country and foil the efforts of the dark axis.
:hit: Jade Cosmos
:miss: Gambling

:skill:
Nicole can put funds from infantry capturing to help other infantry capture through bribes.
-When any of Nicole's infantry is capturing a city, a +2 capture bonus is given to all other capturing infantry
-This bonus DOES NOT STACK.

:smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

:power: Reclamation
Nicole Swipes some funds from enemy base camps.
-Standard 10/10 boost
-10% of the opponent's units total cost is given to you as funds.

:super: Embezzlement
Nicole pulls some strings, and gains control of enemy funding.
-Standard 10/10 boost
-All Enemy cities become Nicole's until the end of her next turn. However, the cities cannot be used for making units.
-Next turn, Opponent's income is multiplied by 1.5.
(THE CITIES ARE STILL NICOLE'S WHEN THE ENEMY GETS THE INCOME BOOST)

Tags:
Colin: 90%
Sasha: 90%
QUOTES:
Switch:
"Ready to lose? Your Money?"
"I'll take over. The funding."

Power:
"Your loan is now repaid. Forcefully."
"Sorry, that now belongs to me."
"I need funding. From you."
"I believe that's mine. And that. And that."
"Money is to be earned, not distributed"
"Unwilling Donations are accepted"

Win:
"Don't gamble with your future. You'll lose."
"Don't take me for granted."
"I will never be poor again"

Tag Quotes:
Uhh...no tags...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extra thanks:
Sprite Sketch- XO_OOO
Concept Image- Kosh
Theme- Veggie
Bio- Jajit

I need a new positag...ideas?

Captain Vimes - 1 point
Kosheh - 1 point
BACK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:03 am 

The D2D doesn't really inspire me that much.
The COP is actually decent. Not only can you get a decent cash boost, but also discourages big unit spam. (Bomber Rush, Neo Rush, etc.).
SCOP is very nice.

I can't think of any tags ATM. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:11 am 

I've been playing as Colin lately, and let me tell you: that COP is too similar to Gold Rush. They work differently, but I'm nevertheless going to be thinking about which one I want to use more when choosing between the two COs that both have a spammable funding COP.

Generally speaking, I'm going to choose Colin. He has 90% costs which are very very nice, and great for abusing that extra cash as much as possible. It also stacks, which is a definite plus, it works very well with his SCOP, and is very very spammable.

Nicole's COP is less spammable (Colin can keep attacking and gain as much star power as possible during his turn, activate Gold Rush at the end of his turn, and although he takes less advantage of his default bonus he is able to use Gold Rush more often, possibly even DCOPing when he has no business doing so, while Nicole has to use her COP at the beginning of her turn for the greatest effect), and is totally based on what her opponent does, meaning that it is not nearly as flexible as Gold Rush is, which can be saved up for DCOPing, spammed at will throughout the game until you have a huge chunk of cash, used for periodic boosts of cash, or even used specifically to kick ass with PoM. Nicole... just uses it at the beginning of her turn. >_> And starts using her SCOP when her opponent doesn't have as much cash.

I'm a huge Balance Mode Colin fan, as you might be able to tell, and can honestly tell you that I would never use Nicole over Colin as she is right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:56 am 

wtf at SCOP

omgwtf 250% income advantage (gain 150%, enemy lose 100%, based off opponent income)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:38 am 

positags, lol that's easy

Tag with Amy, Eniac, and Edward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:52 am 

The SCOP is cool I guess, although it reminds me of stuff in-game already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 am 

You still need to change the ending of the URL for theme to .mid

Actually,
I need to change that theme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:49 am 

Quote:
-When any of Nicole's infantry is capturing a city, a +2 capture bonus is given to all other capturing infantry
-This bonus DOES NOT STACK.

40/80

I don't know how often it will come into play since you're either capturing at the same time in the capture phase, or capturing properties one at a time. Maybe have it so when Nicole's infantry is capturing a city, a +2 (maybe more) capture bonus is given to any infantry that begin capturing within the next three days. Right now she's practically bland IMO.

Quote:
-Standard 10/10 boost
-10% of the opponent's units total cost is given to you as funds.

25/50

It's "1 MD" but without any of the immediate effects, making it worth less. Compared to Gold Rush it just doesn't stack up in my opinion. Not only does Colin's day-to-day boost Gold Rush's usefulness, but it stacks and can be used regardless of the opponent's position. This should just be replaced, because it's boring. >_>

Quote:
-Standard 10/10 boost
-All Enemy cities become Nicole's until the end of her next turn. However, the cities cannot be used for making units.
-Next turn, Opponent's income is multiplied by 1.5.

10/50

Day 1: get income
activate power

opponent gets no income

Day 2: get income + opponent income

opponent gets 1.5x their income

Is that right? Because if it is, you your income plus your opponent's income over two days while your opponent gets 1.5 times his own income. Insane....

Theme: 16/20
It's a funding CO. That's all there is to it, I guess. The day-to-day doesn't really fit and both of the powers are very iffy, so I'm not sure how you're going to go about reworking her.

Overall: 91/200 :crank:
A lot worse than my previous rates have been before, but that's probably because I've been playing CW lately. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:12 am 

I'm pretty sure it's

Nicole gets her income, plus x1.5 the enemy's because the properties are Nicole's until it's her turn again <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:37 am 

Okay...SCOP is only cities.

Example:

Day 1: Use SCOP. CITIES become Nicoles.

Opponent gets 1.5* income from production facilities and HQ

Day 2:
Nicole gets income from opponent's cities and her normal income.
End Turn
Nicole "gives back" cities

Opponent gets 1.5* income again

CAN YOU PEOPLE READ?

*twitch*
*twitch*
/wrists

I'll consider that change to her D2D.

And yes, she needs a new COP.
Ideas?

Captain Vimes - 1 point
Kosheh - 1 point
BACK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:22 pm 

I might give you one...
BUT FIRST YOU GOTTA PAY THE RENT... er... RATE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:31 pm 

The problem is that SCOP is just a very pretty way of saying something a lot simplar and boring. Ok, so let's say that if an army own 20 properties, about 7-8 of them won't be cities, that means that if the map's balanced you'll effectively have about 32 properties on your go when using the SCOP, however the opponent's cities are multipied by 1.5 so you have about 36 props now.

Your opponent however only has 8 properties left, but also gets a 1.5 multiplier and so has 12 properties in essence. Next turn they get their cities back and also have 1.5 income on all props again which means they effectively have 30 props... Err, unless I'm mistaken then that means where the enemy would have gotton 2 days worth of 20000G, he now gets 1 day of 12000G and then another of 30000G... totalling 2000G more which means they've made a profit. Riiight... not much of a profit but still a profit.

Nicole on the other hand gets 1 day of 20000G and then 1 day of 36000G totalling 16000G profit.

So tell me, why don't you just use a 1.8x multiplier on Nicole's SCOP? It achieves a very similar if not more robust effect, but the fact is Colin has Gold Rush. Nicole's SCOP is just a scaled up GR, which for some reason helps out the enemy... Another problem is that you have to wait a few days before you see any immediate effect of the power. You don't get the income 'til the next day, then your extra reinforcements need time to arrive. A SCOP should be able to change the tide of battle in a heart beat.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]