It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Custom Wars Tactics
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:31 pm 

Hello AW and CW followers and fans,

"The wait is over… the time is now."

VERSION 0.3.5 OPEN BETA

Welcome to Custom Wars Tactics!!!

Hello. My name is JakeSamiRulz, the current lead of the Custom Wars Tactics initiative. I am here on behalf of my talented team and supporting individuals to present you with the first ever engine dedicated to modernizing AW, Custom Wars Tactics. This is not your typical common AW clone. Everything in CW:T was built from the ground up, using the latest tools and technologies. We are determined to make this the final time that anyone has to go looking for a proper AW experience.

Custom Wars Tactics Home Page
http://ctomni231.github.io/cwtactics/
Check out the link above to try the game using the "Play CW:T" in the left menu.

Features of 0.3.5 Open Beta

• Play anywhere with a browser: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS
  • Control Support: Keyboard, Mouse, Game-pad (Chrome), Touch Gestures
  • Maps Available:Spann Island (Featured), Stand-Off, & Minus-Hills
  • AI: Play against AI and even pit AI against each other
  • Modernized Look & Feel: Custom UI and themes
  • Basic AW Game Play: Ability to capture, attack, move, and create units.

Looking to the Future

This is only the beginning. The team at Custom Wars Tactics isn’t focused on making a game. We are focused on designing an experience. To make sure that this program has longevity over the course of many years, we also have a lot more features currently in the works.

• A desktop version dedicated to take advantage of PC features
  • Emulation for AW1, AW2, AWDS & AWDC/DoR via modifications
  • A fully realized Network mode with Lobby
  • Ability to alter the game object data (Units, Terrain, Properties & Inventions)
  • Ability to create and edit CO’s, maps, & campaigns

Bringing Power to the Users

It doesn’t have to end with just testing the game, though. I suggest that any individual that feels they have something to contribute to make this project better to please step forward. We have set up a few ways to do this…

Custom Wars Tactics Forums
http://forums.customwars.com/

Custom Wars Tactics Bug Report Site
http://battle.customwars.com/report/index.php

My goal for this project is to turn this into a community effort. I am willing to take any support I can take, even if it as simple as just filing in a bug report. In order for CW:T to turn into the best that it can be, I need a good support net to help take it there. There is no support net better than a community that hasn’t had a core game release for over 5 years. Beyond bug reports and feature requests, we are also looking for…

• Talented artists
  • Map sprite artists
  • Musicians

If any of you guys have any interest in helping out, I suggest that you contact me as soon as possible. (Information can be found on our website.)

About the Team

I believe that all great games have a powerful support group. This game engine is no different. Here is a little bit of information about the team that made this possible.

• JSRulz (Lead): A Java programmer for 10+ years, with experience in art & music.
  • BlackCat (Co-Lead): A JavaScript coder responsible for logic, AI, & the website.
  • CesarRamsan (Network): A Perl Programmer who works our servers & advanced AI.
  • MaraSargon (Forum): Responsible for music, writing manuals, and forum upkeep.
  • Xenesis (Founder): Founder and Host for all forums and servers for CW.

I have also received countless amounts of support from Urusan, Gipface, UltraStorm, BlameGame, Howdy_McGee, Ace.Stef, Walker, MarinePower, and countless others. I can't thank these individuals enough for their support.

Custom Wars Tactics Credits
https://github.com/ctomni231/cwtactics/blob/master/data/credits.txt

About the Game

Custom Wars Tactics is an open source effort dedicated toward making sure all information is available to anyone interested. We built this engine to emulate the games of AW as well as to test the new emerging technologies of JavaScript, HTML 5, and Java. We are not affiliated with Nintendo or Intelligent Systems.

Final Thoughts

I really do hope that you get the chance to enjoy what we have produced so far. It is your continued support for the games that has given my entire team the ability to create something as awesome as this. At the same time, I still would like your full support as we move on to the future of CWT.

Thanks for your continued support! Now have fun and enjoy the game!!!

JakeSamiRulz (ctomni231)
Custom Wars Tactics Lead Representative
Advance Wars Fan since 2001