Army: Amber Corona

Theme (by x0):
Touchdown
MP3 version

Sprite (by The Helpful Troll):

Warpaper (by Kosh):

Hit: Muscles
Miss: Pansies

Abilities: Eric’s units are as determined as he is. They push themselves even harder when they can't see who's attacking them.

All units are 100/100
All units get +5% attack while within the range of an enemy non-soldier unit.
All units get +5% attack while within the range of an enemy indirect. (+10% total)

Examples: A unit alone is 100/100.
A unit next to an enemy tank would be 105/100.
A unit next to 2 enemy tanks is 110/100.
A unit within the range of an enemy artillery is 110/100.
A unit within the range of an enemy artillery and next to 2 enemy tanks is 120/100.

Power Bar: xxxxXXX

COP: Bombardment
Eric gets fed up with the enemy’s defense and uses a missile to take out some troops.

When activated, Eric gets one missile (player aimed).
All units get +5% attack while within the range of an enemy soldier unit.
Default +10/+10

SCOP: Strategic Strike
Eric uses everything he can to break through the enemy lines.

All units get +15% attack while within the range of an enemy soldier unit.
The D2D boosts are tripled.
When Eric kills an enemy unit, the terrain tile it was on now has a movement cost of 0 for Eric's units.
Default +10/+10

Tags:
Yukio 110% * Criminal Intent
Max 105% * Old Rivals
Flak 105% * Steroids
Grit 90%
Adder 90%
Von Bolt 90%

Description: Eric is a large man with broad shoulders and well built muscles. He normally wears a sleeveless shirt to show off his biceps. His head is seemingly small when compared to his large body. His black hair is kept fairly short, but never a buzz cut. Normally, he stares straight ahead with his brown eyes piercing any who meet them and his jaw set in a determined manner.

History: In a small town in Orange Star, there was one primary form of entertainment, student sports. For a short time, the town had two teenaged stars. They were both well built and exercised together. They were both the same age, so they had a huge rivalry going on despite being casual when talking to each other. The first boy was named Eric. He was a bit smaller than his rival, Max, but he made up for it in pure determination.

One of the primary sports in the town was football*. Max headed up the defense as a linebacker while Eric lead the offense as a running back. Their team was doing well and was heading for the finals during their last year of school until someone accused Eric of using steroids. He loudly protested, but a search of his room dug them up. Eric was out of the game for the final, which their team lost after a huge defensive struggle. He went home depressed and scorned. The whole town blamed it on him, and it’s hard to escape that kind of shame in a small town. Charges were brought against him for the steroid use and any chance of him getting a scholarship were shot. He knew he couldn’t stay in his hometown, so he moved to a large city and started working for a shipping company. He knew Max had gone into the military, but he didn’t want to be anywhere near his old rival.

He worked for a few years, then his old habit of cheating came back to bite him. This time it was a bit more serious. He got caught falsifying his timecard in order to get a few more hours. He lost his job and got sued by the company. He lost the lawsuit and was pretty much bankrupt. With that on his work record, he couldn’t get another job and ended up living under a bridge for a few weeks. About that time, Black Hole invaded for the first time. The city he was living in got captured, but Eric was not about to go quietly. He was somewhat weakened due to hunger, but he still had his reflexes. He ambushed a lone Soldier and stole his supplies. He feasted on the army rations for a moment, then grabbed the gun and hid in another nearby building. He ran into a few other citizens that were brave enough to help. Luckily, one of them had a gun of his own and taught Eric how to use it. They scouted out the building and found a good place for an ambush. Despite a lack of combat experience, Eric knew how to think strategically from being a team leader in sports. He organized the group and they took out the Infantry division that had been order to investigate the missing Soldier. His group moved quickly and waged a short guerrilla war against the invaders until the Orange Star army liberated them. Eric was ready to greet the CO, but a man in his group took him aside and told him that he didn’t want the attention. He was apparently a wanted criminal and getting credit for helping the city would get him caught. Eric didn’t care what the man said until he offered to pay him. He agreed and the two hid as the army passed through. Later on, Eric learned that is was Max who was commanding the troops, so he was grateful that he hadn’t taken credit.

Eric stayed in an abandoned house for a few days, enjoying having a roof and the food that had been left behind. However, the criminal came back and offered Eric a job. He was apparently a part of a larger organization and he had been impressed by Eric’s quick tactical mind. With nothing else to lose, Eric accepted. He worked as a thug for a few years, eventually becoming the head thug. By the time that Black Hole’ invaded again, the criminal organization he was a part of had allied themselves with Yukio and Edward. They took a cue from Yukio and began helping to drive out Black Hole. During one guerrilla operation, he ran into Flak. The CO was distracted, but Eric knew that this was his chance to make a difference. He pounced on Flak’s back and tried to get him in a chokehold. The Black Hole CO, however, fought back with a strength equal to Eric. They wrestled for a few minutes until the Black Hole security showed up and peeled them apart. Flak, not being the brightest bulb, was impressed by Eric’s strength. He offered the man freedom simply because he hadn’t had a good wrestling match for a long time. Eric wasn’t going to think twice and strutted out of the building much to the dismay of the Black Hole forces. He rejoined his group and continued to attack Black Hole troops.

After the war was over, he was offered a chance to leave Orange Star. Yukio's group had been rooted out and they needed help to rebuild. Eric left to assist them. He discovered he liked the organization better and stayed with it as they joined Amber Corona. Yukio recognized Eric's abilities and recommended him for a CO position.

Personality: The main thing that sets Eric apart is his determination. No matter what the problem is, he goes after it until it is solved. He dislikes anyone that seems apathetic and lazy. He has almost no concept of recreation, the only things he does in his free time is watching sports, exercising, and honing his tactical skills. Since he has free reign as a CO, he often uses the army’s resources to assist him in his problem solving.

Power Quotes: "Your frontlines are flatlined!"
"Hide all you want, I'll still hit you."
"It's time to knock a few heads together."
"You won't like me when you're angry!"
"I'm on a rampage!"
"And you spend so long to set that up..."

Switch Quotes: "You guys are pushovers!"
"You think you can block me?"

Victory Quotes: "Sometimes I even amaze myself!"
"Consider yourself busted!"
"The bigger they are, the harder they fall!"

Tag Quotes:

Eric: "I think I deserve a raise for that."
Yukio: "...let's see how you do next time."

Eric: "Our targets have been neutralized."
Yukio: "Good job, that's what I pay you for."

Yukio: "Let's go before someone notices."
Eric: "Good idea, I'll smash any evidence."

Yukio: "Money is all we'll ever need."
Eric: "And guns. Lots and lots of guns."

Eric: "...and that's why I'm the winner."
Max: "You're such a loser."

Eric: "You never were better than me."
Max: "What? I dominated this battle!"

Max: "That was easy."
Eric: "Man, that's so cliche."

Max: "You've gotten strong over the years."
Eric: "You're still the same weakling you always were."

Eric: "Do you even know how to form a coherent sentence?"
Flak: "What's an coherent?"

Eric: "You just won't go away!"
Flak: "Wanna arm wrestle again?"

Flak: "FLAK SMASH!!"
Eric: "Uhh... Eric smash too?"

Flak: "Grah! Rawr!"
Eric: "Next, on 'When Animals Attack'..."

*American Football. OS is America, right?

Last edited by ThrawnFett on Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:12 am, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:49 pm 

Hmm... think I can kill his D2D's cap without having to rebooth him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:51 pm 

I would hope so. It shouldn't really make too much of a difference in most cases anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:22 am 

In a situation where you'd get more attack over his cap, you're probably losing anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:25 am 

Cap gone... whoo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:35 am 

I think Eric is overpowered in most situations.
I = Inf, M = Megatank/Neotank(whatever the version)
IMIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Eric's Inf in front of megatank/neotank and in front if inf spam. It would be like 900%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:55 am 

O_o

I have no clue what you mean by that...

If I had to guess, I think you are reading the SCOP wrong...

To use your example:

xxx
EMIIIIIIII
xxx

I = Eric's Unit
M = Enemy Megatank
I = Enemy Infantry

During the SCOP, if Eric's unit attacks the Megatank, it gets +30/+20 for the single Infantry that is adjacent to the Megatank. Add on the default boost and assume that there's no Indirects, and he's at 140/130...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:25 pm 

Quote:
The Infantry has 3 enemy units next to it, so Eric's Tank gets +90/+60. His total stats would be 210/170 (Default boost and +10% for being within the range of an indirect).

(IE)MIIIRIII

(IE) - Inf
M - Megatank
I = enemy Inf
R - Rocket
now power of unit should be like 310/170(+10% cause of rocket unit)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:37 pm 

The Megatank has 1 unit next to it. That's +30/+20. Eric's unit is within the range of an indirect, so that's +10/+0. And then the SCOP's default boost: +10/+10. Add it all up and you have a 150/130 unit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:33 am 

Eric's unit has 8 UNITS next to it. That's 250/160.(indirect included)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:33 am 

The Unknown wrote:
Eric's unit has 8 UNITS next to it. That's 250/160.(indirect included)

You can't have any more than 3 units next to another unit. Make more sense please.

Quote:
[19:46] Shane: Jim Morrison is hot

S= -.03 (V-21)^2 +12
Where S is Helen's score and V is votes cast.
A vote for Dark Matter is a vote for Fecal Matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:36 am 

Next to it... as in directly adjacent to it.

Code:
 A
AUA
 A

If U is the unit being attacked, then the units in the squares labelled A are the only ones that count...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:07 pm 

Eric is now full of sprite-y goodness!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:00 am 

\\ Its a warpaper, not a wallpaper XD \\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:06 am 

What you talking 'bout, Willis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:38 am 

ThrawnFett wrote:

\\ Huh? I didn't do it, Kosh did. \\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:50 am 

lol, veggiekosheh

Alden of Blue Moon. (Complete, except long bio. Look at him and comment, or I kill a puppy.) (Possibly my most creative CCO...)

Pointless DoR/DC CO concepts. They frighten those of you who actually know what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:01 am 

Again, I say...

ThrawnFett wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:18 am 

ThrawnFett wrote:
Again, I say...

ThrawnFett wrote:

\\ Hmm, post editing

youre a real man now thrawn

>_>

<_<

*escapes in a copyright-infringement flash* \\

Last edited by Veggie on Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:46 am 

So during your Super... does the defense that you get apply for the rest of the turn, or just against that unit?

So if you attack an infantry with another infantry beside it with an AA, and you destroy it, does your unit remain at 140/130 for the opponent's turn as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:01 pm 

<_<

How did I miss that question?

Yes, it's applies until your next turn...

Anyway, Eric now has a theme, courtesy of x0...

He really needs to tell me the names of his themes when he sends them to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:03 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
"generic eric"

<_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:10 pm 

Not to be ragging on x0, but... do you mind if I take another crack at his theme? I have something in mind and I need someone to use it on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:12 pm 

Oh right, Touchdown!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:17 pm 

i like my name better :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:18 pm 

Deoxy Knight wrote:
i like my name better :cry:

Just pretend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:20 pm 

great idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:21 pm 

or hack :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:22 pm 

better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:22 pm 

One-upped again. :[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:05 pm 

mp3 to come in a few days *whoosh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:36 am 

Stuff

http://download.yousendit.com/4DC8FD834BEC257B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:53 am 

[17:55] Zeon Zaku: I say this because of the COP which is something we should discuss now.
[17:55] DTaeKim: Okay.
[17:56] DTaeKim: Targetable Missile Silo.
[17:56] DTaeKim: Choke-busting power, and potent everywhere else.
[17:56] Zeon Zaku: I actually remember talking about this COP with Thrawny some time ago and I do not know how it got down to three stars being player targeted.
[17:57] Zeon Zaku: Of course, this is the AW2 charging system but I am still dubious.
[17:57] DTaeKim: It went down to three stars due to x0_000's mathematical analysis on silo-based powers.
[17:58] DTaeKim: However, his topic assumed targeting by most monetary damage.
[17:58] Zeon Zaku: Which is not the case. Instead, we have targeting where the player wants it which is not something to take lightly.
[18:01] Zeon Zaku: Is player targetting considerably better than auto targeting or just a little bit better?
[18:02] DTaeKim: For the most part, targeting by monetary damage does the job.
[18:02] DTaeKim: There really isn't much of a difference between the two in my opinion.
[18:03] Zeon Zaku: I am not so sure. Targeting by monetary value might mean the missile hits a few units that the enemy built while the missile would have be far more useful if it had of it a group of units within your attack range.
[18:04] DTaeKim: When I refer to missile powers, I rely on the map Strong Land.
[18:04] DTaeKim: It's a War Room map.
[18:04] Zeon Zaku: Strong Bad Land?
[18:04] DTaeKim: Heh.
[18:04] DTaeKim: Not quite.
[18:04] Zeon Zaku: Hehe
[18:05] Zeon Zaku: Anyway, why do you refer to that one?
[18:06] DTaeKim: It has 12 missile silos.
[18:06] DTaeKim: And is rather chokey.
[18:07] Zeon Zaku: Well this brings us around to my original question. Basically, you think that being able to aim the missile is not that big if an advantage because most of the time the player will target as many high cost units as possible. Correct?
[18:08] DTaeKim: Right.
[18:08] DTaeKim: And most of the time, a chokepoint will have a high concentration of high cost units.
[18:08] DTaeKim: Artillery placed next to each other.
[18:09] Zeon Zaku: True. I suppose it is largely fine at three stars, especially for the AW2 charging system.
[18:09] DTaeKim: If he is bland, I would be more comfortable.
[18:09] DTaeKim: He's fine right now, but that power is walking a fine line.
[18:10] Zeon Zaku: My thoughts exactly. I am almost tempted to have its cost upped to 4 stars and give the D2D a boost.
[18:11] Zeon Zaku: Also, being able to double COP is a little concerning too.
[18:11] DTaeKim: I didn't even catch that.
[18:11] Zeon Zaku: The SCOP is seven stars. Two aimed missile ftw! w00t!
[18:11] DTaeKim: Well, Rachel's SCOP would be 6 HP missile total.
[18:12] DTaeKim: In theory.
[18:12] Zeon Zaku: Yes, in theory.
[18:13] DTaeKim: I think having it player-controlled may be a tad too much.
[18:14] DTaeKim: Which is interesting, because I said the exact same thing earlier in his AWDS incarnation.
[18:14] DTaeKim: Treedweller thought it was fine, I thought it was underpriced by 0.5 stars.
[18:16] Zeon Zaku: I would be more comfortable with it at 4 stars and giving his D2D a bigger boost.
[18:16] DTaeKim: We'll leave it up to Thrawn.
[18:17] DTaeKim: I hope Thrawn is happy; that COP took up 20 minutes of discussion.
[18:17] Zeon Zaku: I hope so to. Well let us then finish up with the SCOP.
[18:19] DTaeKim: +30/+20 units for each unit adjacent to an indirect unit.
[18:19] DTaeKim: I misread that.
[18:19] DTaeKim: It's adjacent to the target unit.
[18:20] Zeon Zaku: Looking at this SCOP makes me wonder if the defense is a little redundant. He gets OHKO capability in attack powers so he 1) will not take counter damage in a good number of match ups and 2) he will kill the enemy units so the defense will not be when the enemy attacks.
[18:21] DTaeKim: Depends on how many units there are.
[18:21] DTaeKim: He can't fight solo units at all; no bonus.
[18:21] Zeon Zaku: True.
[18:21] Zeon Zaku: Which makes it a pretty damn situational seven star SCOP.
[18:22] Zeon Zaku: I'm thinking the COP is going to get A LOT more use.
[18:22] DTaeKim: So that situational aspect of the SCOP needs to be changed.
[18:22] DTaeKim: I don't know how to do that without ruining the idea that is the chokepoint breaking theme.
[18:23] DTaeKim: Maybe switch the two powers around?
[18:23] Zeon Zaku: That or give the SCOP some sort of boost for Eric in a one-on-one match up.
[18:24] DTaeKim: Some bonus.
[18:24] DTaeKim: Can't be too much, or else it feels like a generic offense bonus.
[18:24] DTaeKim: I think that's what he's trying to avoid, and it only damns him in a one-on-one matchup.
[18:25] Zeon Zaku: Yep. Again, it is ultimately his call but he either has to make it less situational or make it his COP.
[18:25] DTaeKim: *Nods.
[18:27] DTaeKim: Eric seemed promising.
[18:27] Zeon Zaku: So, in conclusion:
D2D: Make it bland or beef it up and overprice powers or give some kind of weakness D2D
COP: We think it is underpriced by at least .5 stars due to the ability to aim it.
SCOP: Too situational. Either make it less situational and make this the COP.
[18:28] Zeon Zaku: I agree. Eric has promise.
[18:29] DTaeKim: Yes.
[18:29] Zeon Zaku: We can deal with his creative aspects when Thrawny gets that done.
[18:30] DTaeKim: *Nods.
[18:31] Zeon Zaku: Since there is no creative section it is pointless to actually submit anything to HPD. We can post our discussion in the Eric topic and let Thrawny know that he needs to finish the creative.
[18:31] DTaeKim: *nods.
[18:31] DTaeKim: *Nods.
[18:33] Zeon Zaku: Well that was productive. Hopefully we can catch Nobody so he can put in his two cents.
[18:33] DTaeKim: Yep.
[18:33] DTaeKim: Should I post the conversation in Eric's topic?
[18:34] Zeon Zaku: Yes please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:29 pm 

Eric's Alt should definately be Duke Nukem:

Post subject: Re: CO Eric - Amber Corona
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:36 pm 

ThrawnFett wrote:
Name: Eric (means powerful)

Army: Amber Corona

Abilities: Eric’s units are as determined as he is. They push themselves even harder when they can't see who's attacking them.

All units are 100/100
All units get +5% attack while within the range of an enemy unit.
All units get +5% attack while within the range of an enemy indirect. (+10% total)

Examples: A unit alone is 100/100.
A unit next to an enemy tank would be 105/100.
A unit next to 2 enemy tanks is 110/100.
A unit within the range of an enemy artillery is 110/100.
A unit within the range of an enemy artillery and next to 2 enemy tanks is 120/100.

Power Bar: xxxxXXX

COP: Bombardment
Eric gets fed up with the enemy’s defense and uses a missile to take out some troops.

When activated, Eric gets one missile (player aimed).
Default +10/+10

SCOP: Strategic Strike
Eric uses everything he can to break through the enemy lines.

Eric's day to day boosts are tripled.
When Eric's unit attacks, it gets a boost based on the other unit. For every enemy unit adjacent to the target, he gets +20/+10.
Default +10/+10

Example: Eric's Tank attacks an Infantry in a chokepoint. (T=tank, I=Inf, A=Artillery)

xIx
TIA
xIx

The Infantry has 3 enemy units next to it, so Eric's Tank gets +60/+30. His total stats would be 215/140 (Default boost, +30% for being within the range of an indirect, +15% for being within the range of the infantry).

Example 2: Same situation, except no chokepoint

xxx
TIx
xxx

Eric's tank would be 125/110 because of the default boost and being in the range of the infantry.

Holy carp, somehow I missed the MSN Convo. How does this look for a tweaking? Slightly overpowered the D2D, put the COP up a star, and tweaked the SCOP to make it less situational...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:01 am 

I really liked the original d2d. "Beef" that up instead!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:47 am 

Define "original" D2D. He's been through quite a few over the years...

<_<

>_>

And if you are referring to the one that got voted in, I'm thinking that this is a beefing up of it by adding in direct units range to the boost...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:47 am 

don't you dare touch eric ;_;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:51 am 

Not even for the sake of balance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:57 am 

correct