It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Koshi - Jade Cosmos [Revised statset!]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:29 am 

Name: Koshi d'Beaumont
[Koshi - Japanese name of Confucius, or "wise man"
d'beaumont - kinda French, "of the mountain" =
"wise man of the mountain" - it's a pun that contradicts Koshi's personality...no connection really to powers, unless you suppose that fog = wise man]

CO Theme
OGG: Brainwave by x0_000

Army: Jade Cosmos Image

Technical Section

:hit: Computer games
:miss: Board games

CO Gauge:

:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:skill:
-Funds and CO Power gauge is hidden from Koshi's opponent

:power: CO Power: Memory Lapse :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:

:power: Memory Lapse
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:

-All units appear as GBW3 Battlecars
-Enemy BAs switched to OFF
-Dispersion of fire increases for both sides: +30/0 Koshi, +15/-15 opponent.
-Damage readouts are rounded down to the nearest 30%*
-Default boosts

:super: Super CO Power: Blinding Tactics :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

-Fog of War rolls in
-Enemy vision is reduced to 1
-If the enemy runs into a "TRAP!" against one of Koshi's direct units, that unit will be unable to counterattack and Koshi's unit will automatically open fire on that unit. Ammunition is used when Koshi's units fire.
Default boosts apply.

*And replaced with an alternate display. The damage percentage will read as follows:

0%-29%: LOL
30%-59%: WUT
60%-89%: OMG
90%+: HAX

Tags:
[I'm making spaces in this section not to beef the length of the profile altogether, it just makes it easier on the eyes >>]

:carrie: Carrie - 115% ** - Game Over
[Shares a close relationship with Carrie; though the two constantly clash the two have great chemistry while working together]

:ozzy: Ozzy - 115% ** - Ramble On
[Reasons in bio - they had staye in contact with one another for all of their life]

All other Jade Cosmos COs - 105% [:amy: :walter: :jared: :adam:]

Von Bolt, Levenworth, Napoleon - 90% [:vonbolt: :levenworth: :napoleon:]
:adderds: Adder - 90%

Story (now even longer and more coherent, thanks to Miid Ro'ik)

Koshi was born into a small family in rural Yellow Comet. His father, a vegetable farmer, made barely enough money to meet his monthly needs; however, Koshi's mother was a high-maintence woman - she would frequently "go out with the girls" frequently, and her high-profile lifestyle was a burden on the family's already-strained income. After a long day at the farmers' market, Koshi's father came home to relax when he opened the door to his bedroom and to his shock, found Koshi's mother in bed with another man...a foreigner.

After this incident, Koshi's mother had little choice but to move with this foreigner she had met on a one-night stand. This man, however, had deep connections in his homeland of Green Earth. This man's name was Allen de Beaumont.

de Beaumont took Koshi and his mother to Orange Star first, to live in a mildly secluded city called Belsavis. It was in this place that de Beaumont hoped to rally support for his grand plan. de Beaumont had a vision for the future which would change Wars World forever once it was introduced. He had a concept of that which was a means of new communication which was faster and more reliable than the telephone. This would allow the easy transfer of documents between nations without the need of postage - the connection would be strictly confidential, which the sender's message would reach only the receiver. de Beaumont's dream would later be known as the "Internet".

Koshi, now living with his new stepfather spent most of his time around him as his mother continued her high-profile lifestyle; however, this time her second husband had enough loose money in his pocket to support this way of life, especially from the royalties he had made from the concept of the Internet. Frequently in the company of technology, Koshi began to take interest in all the doodads his stepfather owned but most of all had a strong interest in computers and what was considered the earliest form of the Internet, which his father had recieved a government grant to develop.

Koshi enrolled into school as soon as he was able to, at de Beaumont's orders. He often complained about the lack of technology in the school's infrastructure, but Koshi really had to deal with it, as it seemed no-one else cared; nobody except a kid who was ususally picked-on and backstabbed by his "friends"; a kid said to have been born at No Man's Land. The kid, called Jon, trusted very few people. Even though he had a style very different from Koshi's, the two supported each other, and got along well.

Throughout his childhood , Koshi always had a love for turn-based strategy videogames. When he first moved in with his new stepfather, the man had bought Koshi the newest console at the time: the Mycom Family Center. A slew of titles were available for it, but one game interested Koshi more than the others - Mycom Wars. Most of his younger friends weren't paitent enough to play alongside Koshi. Jon was one of the few who did. But on Jon's eleventh birthday, after the party (full of girls, music and videogames), Koshi received crushing news. de Beaumont had been called back to Green Earth to finalize a business contract, and was offered a higher status job there. In but a few days, Koshi had to leave Belsavis and Jon behind. The two promised to keep e-mailing each other using de Beaumont's Internet.

Into his adolescence, Koshi mostly went to a prestigeous High School in Green Earth and played against his father: a child at heart who had played against his son in many videogames, often beaten by his son...but it's not like he took it personally in the first place. Whenever he wasn't tinkering with computers, the Internet or videogames, Koshi traded e-mails with Jon, who had formed a band. Koshi had even been appointed as there manager, due to his expertise in technology and calculations. The two maintained a close bond still, even if it was through the Internet.

As Koshi grew older, the technology around him virtually sprung out of the ground - new gadgets and doodads here and there, and new ways of navigating the Internet had made its way into the technological fray. Wireless Fidelity had been developed allowing wireless Internet access and companies took advantage of this, including Mycom, the makers of the MFC. Their newest handheld, the gameGizmo, allowed players to play online against one another. Koshi's only reason for buying such a console that his age group was slowly growing out of was for the latest installment of Mycom Wars - now known as Commando Crisis! - and its online capabilities.

His joy in playing the game soon faded, for Koshi entered a crisis himself. One day, returning from school, Koshi received a text message in his wireless phone (one of the greatest inventions that had sprung from wireless internet). The message was from Jon, and it grimly retold the story of how a few years after Koshi moved, Belsavis had fallen under attack by Black Hole. The begged Koshi not to worry, and told him that they'd meet again. Too stunned to properly reply, Koshi only managed this anwer: ";_;".

Possibly his best friend being a prisoner of war, Koshi had little resources to console himself other than playing CC! against any willing player. Koshi seemed to have natural talent. He practiced for quite some time. Koshi had made a name for himself among his peers - despite his outward nerdy appearance, he was one of the best gamers around - with an unbeatable Commando Crisis! record. Many of his friends were not met traditionally face-to-face but rather Koshi maintained contact with friends whom he had met while playing Commando Crisis! internationally.
Upon graduating high school in Green Earth, his parents felt that their son only deserved the best so he was enrolled into one of Orange Star's most prestigious universities. Prestigious as it may be, Koshi wouldn't be holding those grades for long.

Koshi's stay at the academy was to be quite a ride. First off, the academy, contrary to what Koshi had expected, had a very limited technological infrastructure. Not only that, but Koshi's roomate during college was a spunky, typically rebellious individual by the name of Mick. Upon settling down, the two knew they were in for a real trip as their personalities clashed almost instantly - one was a computer geek, the other a boozing socialite. One was in college to get the girls and just get by in terms of the grades, the other was in college to get the grades and just get by in terms of the girls. Koshi could rarely keep a conversation without it straying off to something about gaming, whereas Mick was to the point and would frequently become angry with Koshi's poor attention span. Quite the quarreling duo, they never adjusted to working together properly. After the end of the first semester, Koshi was expelled from college due to a severe mix-up. Mick had taken a girl to the dorm, and they "had fun" all night while Koshi was sleeping like a rock. The next morning, Mick woke up early and went to the deli for supplies. Koshi woke up a bit later. In the dark room, Koshi tripped on his Gamegizmo and landed on the girl, who started screaming. The cries were heard throughout the entire campus, and the staff came right away. They saw Koshi on top of the girl, and... well you get the picture. That night, there was an awkward silence and a generally quiet atmosphere as Koshi spent his time packing his things and getting prepared to go off to Orange Star's main military academy, the only place that took him in to continue studying.

Koshi was hastefully assigned to his quarters: a small room with a single bed, a computer and bathroom. He would have no roommate, due to him joining in late, and his room was very far away from everything... except the girls' dorm. Koshi was awkward and generally avoid going there, but seldom could manage it without bumping into a stubborn woman called Carrie. She took stuff way too seriously, and severly disliked Koshi. The two developed a rivalry, of sorts. That is, of course, until he found out she was a hardcore CC! fan. The two would usually play for hours and hours, sharing jokes and stuff about themselves. Funny thing is, Carrie never found out who the person calling himself Kosheh over the Internet truly was.

The following weeks for Koshi had been rather rough, as he himself had a lot more quiet time and as he usually finished the work given to him rather quickly, had begun to become involved in Internet gambling. Over time, Koshi had become so consumed in gambling he'd start putting down big amounts in the hopes to win big; however, he wasn't as lucky as he thought he was, and eventually Koshi had worn down a fair amount of his college savings, spending it on gambling. With so little money to his name and a lack of a job as well, how in the world was he going to pay off his college tuition? Koshi had one plan, and he was sure it would work. It was so crazy and off-the-wall that it would somehow work.

After the end of the semester during winter break, just as Koshi had planned, the college had offered a "study-abroad" program to Peligro Island, a popular vacationing spot off the west coast of Jade Cosmos. Koshi applied for the trip and was accepted, and so traveled to study in Jade Cosmos during its sunniest time of the year, which, luckily, was during Orange Star's gloomiest time of year. While taking in the rays and learning about Jade Cosmos' culture, Koshi then went about the next step in his plan - to join the Jade Cosmos military. Surely the revenue service wouldn't be able to catch him here! He applied for the Jade Cosmos military, and was quickly accepted as he was keen with the development of technology, mostly with software programming and the knowledge of networking he had picked up while he was working with his father as a teenager.

It was at this time that what seemed to be a miracle happened. Koshi one day received an e-mail. But not just ANY e-mail. It was a reply from Jon. Too shocked to believe it true, Koshi trembled as he clicked on the "Open mail" tag of the computer. He couldn't believe it: Jon had actually made it out! The e-mail described all of Jon's time since he was captured, and how he had ended in Yellow Comet the military (something Koshi never thought Jon would do). Koshi's answer was obvious: a very happy emoticon spam! He also mentioned how he had managed to get into the JC military and his role there. After this, the two tried to keep in touch, but couldn't do so often due to the overload of work they both had.

While in the Jade Cosmos military, Koshi's biggest contribution was to helping to set up the communications networking within Jade Cosmos and later refining the technology to allow faster communications between officers and their squadrons during skirmishes and the like. Koshi still continued to play Commando Crisis! during his downtime, and while playing this, had realized that this was what he wanted to do - no, not play Commando Crisis! all day, but to hone his skills and become a commanding officer. Before it may have been a dream, but with the opportunities that the military had to offer, Koshi thought, "Why not?" and went for it. Through showing exemplary effort during his duties as well as consistently pushing himself to the limit, he was promoted over time through the various ranks until he was given the job of intel analyst, which required that he made sure his commanding officers would receive the correct information regarding unit placement, the status of the troop's health, and so on.

While Koshi was crawling up the ranks as best he could, he got word that Carrie had been kicked out of the OS academy. He found that the reason was hitting CIC Nell during lunch break. Kosh knew from their Internet chats that Carrie was good with technology too, and thought she could find a home here. He sent to her an e-mail, asking to meet her in a nearby town. She came to JC all right, though she wasn't particularly thrilled to discover Kosheh was Koshi all along. Even though the two were different, and Carrie would look at Koshi in rage constantly, they could work together far better than expected.

One day, Jon came out of nowhere. Yep, you read that right: Koshi's long lost friend (he hadn't seen him since they were eleven) came to JC, representing a new country called Amber Corona. Even though Jon was supposed to talk to Koshi about getting some help from Jade Cosmos for AC, the two spent far more time catching up on all they could think of, from Jon's renaming as Ozzy and Ozzy meeting Carrie, to learning Ozzy was now a full fledged CO. Time was gaining on them, however, and after deciding that JC could help AC become economically stable, Ozzy once again had to leave.

Very soon after Ozzy's visit, word of a new evil that had risen from the depths of Wars World came along. Somehow, Jade Cosmos was thrown into the fray of battle. With a sudden onslaught of Dark Axis forces gaining control of their territory, JC was deeply in need of new officers to command troops which were necessary in pushing back the enemy and this regaining their rightful land. Out of desperation, Koshi was promoted to Commanding Officer in the hopes that he would be able to serve his country and most of all, aid in the fight to one day help Jade Cosmos fully regain their territory.

COP/SCOP quotes:
"You'll be seeing me in a day or so."
"I just downloaded this strategy from the Internet!"
"Don't look now - oh wait, you can't!"
"Super fighting power, initiate!"
"Now you see me...now you don't!"
"lol"

Tag quotes:
"My turn already?! But I haven't --"
"And we're off! Squadellah!"

Victory quotes:
"Might wanna go back to the noob server..."
"War's a game. Gaming's my life. It's what I do."
"I win. You lose. Where's my Internet?"

Defeat quotes:
"I'm monkey food if I don't leave!"
"Aw, come on! This controller sucks! The-the joystick's all stuck!"

In-battle quotes:
Positive: "('v')"
Neutral: " :0 "
Negative: "('A')", "D: !"

Menu quotes:
>Campaign – “When you select this mode, you’re throwing small amounts of your time away to save the world. COOL, RIGHT?”
>War Room - "Here, you get to fight a computer opponent in slightly challenging conditions. In case you have no friends or something..”
>Versus - "Bored of the computer already?! Good. Fight like, real people here. Then go outside and take a walk."
>Design Room - "In this mode, you’re laying down acres of land to make different landscapes! YOU’RE A GOD!"
>Battle Maps - "Uh. Buy stuff here."
>Sound Room - "This game has decent music, right? Listen to it here."
>Credits - "There’s people who made this game. Without them, you wouldn’t be playing this game."
>Options - "You can adjust game settings here and make Custom Wars CUSTOMIZABLE. OOOH~”
>Exit CW - "…What? Not yet! I was just going to tell you what this option does! ;_;"
>Save - "Good idea. Let’s save so we don’t have to do this again."
>Overwrite - "There’s data here, but uh…look at it this way, you’ll never have to uh... do that map again either.”
>New Game - "So uh…hi. This your first time playing? Go with this to you know, start a new game."
>Continue - "If you select this option…you can continue saving the world. Or destroying it if you’re a bad guy."

Tag

w/ Carrie
Koshi: "o carrie you make me feel so saef"
Carrie: "thx kosh"

Koshi: "Hey Carrie, I've gotta say that battle was epic."
Carrie: "Yeah well, it was pretty obvious halfway through."

Carrie: "See, the key to victory is like a well-oiled machine..."
Koshi: "What? No. How...what? No."

Carrie: "Hey Kosh, what did the Scouter say about our success rate?"
Koshi: "It's...what?! Nine thousand?! That can't be right!"

w/ Ozzy
Koshi: "Boom, boom, bop! I'm down with hip-hop!"
Ozzy: "Bam bam whoop... Rock rocks your...uh, mother's...socks. Ugh..."

Koshi: "Ozzy! After this, I wanna join your band! Can I?"
Ozzy: "You play the AIR TRUMPET. Actually...a trumpet? Hmm."

Ozzy: "Still unpredictable. Kosh, you're a master of insanity..."
Koshi: "More like "master of Internet" right? amirite?"

Ozzy: "Hah - another victory, another medley..."
Koshi: "Victories are good, but A MEDLEY IS FINE TOO."

w/Eniac
Quotes coming soon.

He needs some fixing, doesn't he? >_>
If there's anything I could possibly add, please do suggest it, I'm open to suggestions.

Right, and I know he needs quotes with Eniac; I'll do that when I have the time.

Last edited by Kosheh on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:10 am 

Huh? He got in? When did that happen?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm still a LUEser (at heart) and proud of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:11 am 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
yeah, who would have thought a CO with a score of 20 or so would've gotten in

crazy eh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 am 

Ubergeneral wrote:
Huh? He got in? When did that happen?

lol, he was boothed Friday ...uhh, roughly 7PM GMT, and got in with a booth score of +21 today (Monday) and was brought into CVS around that time.

lole i think uber's stumped because he voted yay and suddenly Koshi got in XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:09 am 

well the topic hit 250 posts and it was made when I was away. I just assumed that everyone nayed her and then starting debateing spamiliy.

Anyways i'm happy he in. I was about fuck time

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm still a LUEser (at heart) and proud of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:18 am 

Ubergeneral wrote:
well the topic hit 250 posts and it was made when I was away. I just assumed that everyone nayed her and then starting debateing spamiliy.

Anyways i'm happy he in. I was about flamingo time

So...

is Uber confused, or is that just me? >_>;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:28 am 

Blame Game wrote:
Ubergeneral wrote:

So...

Uber is confused of Koshi's gender ;_;

also
Quote:
I was about flamingo time

I am feeling about flamingo time too ('A`)

I'm sorry Uber, I couldn't help it there given the wordfilter to make the sentence even sillier XDD

Anyway, there was a big to-do about the COP while Koshi was in the booth, and I was considering either adding

-increased luck, or
-increase in dispersion of fire

as to throw off the enemy as to what exactly the 'hidden unit' could be.
Likewise, the COP sequence could be altered, and either

-Koshi and the opponent's units have hidden HP (Walter-style), or
-The screen goes black; or a large image appears impeding the view of the opponent during Koshi's turn.

The second option would still have the Famicom Wars units; but rather than completely random ones, it'll be a one random unit that all the others turn into; for example they could randomly turn into infantry, they could randomly turn into GigaTanks or they could randomly turn into fighters; whatever.

Honestly, I don't think it would upset the CO power gauge much <_<
Suggestions?

Last edited by Kosheh on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:33 am 

Also, why does one of the face sprites have a white outline? >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:34 am 

Blame Game wrote:
Also, why does one of the face sprites have a white outline? >_>

Laziness - I forgot to remove it. >_>

I'm at work right now, so I'll get around to cleaning that up later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:06 pm 

KoshehV2 wrote:
Blame Game wrote:
Ubergeneral wrote:

So...

Aren't we all?

CCO Kaori & Kaoru
Motoko siggie stolen from sylvia liu ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:00 pm 

monkymeet wrote:
KoshehV2 wrote:

Aren't we all?

lol what in the world is that supposed to mean

it made little sense given that Koshi's bio uses "he" "his" "him" etc. like 50 times <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:34 pm 

I have a request concerning Koshi's power animation:
take away the epilepsy causing flashes. Make the darkness set in gradually. You're not Pikachu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:55 am 

Kireato wrote:
take away the epilepsy causing flashes. Make the darkness set in gradually. You're not Pikachu.

YES HE IS D:<

Actually, that's what I was hoping for in the animation; but for some reason, Xaif tells me, there was a mistake during the animation sequence and instead of fading in, it has those flashes. >_>

But yeah, I wanted it to set in too ;_; It was just some conflict within the animation sequence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:52 am 

No, there was no mistake, it was supposed to look like it was being hacked in, as in the screen crackling in and out of focus then coming back all currupt.

But don't worry, a simple fading is an easy switch, so:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:20 pm 

Kireato wrote:

You mean porygon >_>

CCO Kaori & Kaoru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:36 pm 

monkymeet wrote:
Kireato wrote:

You mean porygon >_>

even still, Porygon flashed red and blue, Pikachu was mostly yellow etc. >_>
Koshi would be like...a ghost Pokemon... <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:12 pm 

Oh, and could ya give yourself an elbow? >_>

CCO Kaori & Kaoru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:02 am 

monkymeet wrote:
Oh, and could ya give yourself an elbow? >_>

Look closer. He's got one.

The sleeves widen from the elbow to the cuff. There's no need to...pronounce? the elbow. When you wear a shirt or jacket with big sleeves and your arms are straight, does your elbow stick out, no matter how far the cloth is from the elbow?

Elbows are so god damn overrated it's ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:17 am 

I liked the COP better when everything just turned into infantry <_<

Miss: Pain
Violence = Leading cause of death in this country = illegal = fine and dandy. Pg-13, R if it's really bad.
Sex = leading cause of life in this country = natural and perfectly legal biological process = OMG TEH NOES XXX!11!!! ---Someone at some forum, I forget
"If you have made mistakes. . . there is always another chance for you. . . You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:38 am 

I have no clue how to program half of this stuff (okay, maybe one or two) but I know that this will be difficult:

Code:
(instead, it will show up as doing a potential of ???% damage)

However, I can make the damage display flip the crap out -- but the attack still deals normal damage without weird code. I think this option is seventy-six times more awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:43 am 

I agree... what happened to OMG%, LOL%, and WTF%?

Captain Vimes - 1 point
Kosheh - 1 point
BACK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:03 am 

i dunno lol

Which reminds me, I've got to add a ton of stuff to this; but for now I have a simple idea I've wanted to implement. Right now the SCOP brings MoW for Koshi and FoW for the opponent, also reducing their vision to 1.

However, MoW is just like FoW for Koshi plus it's slightly situational (as Mist can't overrule Fog), so I was considering that the SCOP brings fog, period, except the enemy's vision drops to 0 and Koshi gains +2 vision.
I wanted to change to this mainly because when you're attacking opponents, yes you'll be able to see the enemy as Koshi, but you won't be able to attack them (because MoW is like that) and changing this to my suggestion achieves the same effect: You can see the enemy, but they can't see you. But...now you'd actually have an ADVANTAGE over the opponent. <_<

The only thing that I'm concerned about is that it might be too similar to Sonja in some way. While I'm still coming up with "strengthening" the COP, I just wanted to see what....you the userbase thought of this change to the SCOP. Hopefully I don't have to change the price of the SCOP.... >_>

oh uh, Vimes: I approve of the flipping of the crapping out. :0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:07 am 

Fix up the eniac taggage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:18 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
vision reduced to 0 = impossible to attack
aka
a weird version of lightning strike

no, you can't do that. <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:08 pm 

oh fgsfds deoxy thanks for catching me there, I meant the enemy's vision is reduced to 1 <_< Let me rewrite that:

Quote:
However, MoW is just like FoW for Koshi plus it's slightly situational (as Mist can't overrule Fog), so I was considering that the SCOP brings fog, period, except the enemy's vision drops to 1 and Koshi gains +2 vision.
I wanted to change to this mainly because when you're attacking opponents, yes you'll be able to see the enemy as Koshi, but you won't be able to attack them (because MoW is like that) and changing this to my suggestion achieves the same effect: You can see the enemy, but they can't see you. But...now you'd actually have an ADVANTAGE over the opponent. <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:23 am 

You could just summon fog for the enemy and drop vision to 1, leaving Koshi alone, as summoning fog for him and increasing vision by 2 will cause more problems if you ask me as you can't see into woods. For 8 stars that's devistating enough while not being Lighning Strike devistating at 9.

Only Sonja's COP summons fog and increases her vision, so it's not treading on her territory. Koshi's super hinders the enemy more giving him an advantage, whereas Sonja's brings her benefits to give her the advantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:27 am 

veggiehunter wrote:
Fix up the eniac taggage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:18 pm 

Sorry for sounding uncultured, but what the heck does "Chicken Kick" have to do with the Super's effect?

Violence = Leading cause of death in this country = illegal = fine and dandy. Pg-13, R if it's really bad.
Sex = leading cause of life in this country = natural and perfectly legal biological process = OMG TEH NOES XXX!11!!! ---Someone at some forum, I forget
"If you have made mistakes. . . there is always another chance for you. . . You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:57 pm 

It's okay, dear uncultured friend of mine.
Chicken Kick really has nothing to do with the power's name. Short answer: It's got the kick of an angry man in a chicken suit.

Long answer: It's Chicken Kick because I wanted to give Koshi a Japanese-sounding power name, and when the Super was initiated eurobeat music would play...kinda like what Koshi's theme now sounds like. Also, for the sake of rhyming the same as Quirky Beserky does. It's a pun on words, really, Chick n' Kick, and it sounds rather sentai as well. Likewise, "Man in Chicken Uniform Suit Culture Shock Power Kick", as nice and sentai as that sounds for a finisher, would be too long a name for an SCOP. :<
e.g. of application

CHIKENN KIKKU GA DENSHO WA~~

etc.

it's also because the power also is somewhat reminiscent of a man in a chicken suit coming up behind you and kicking you in the ass :E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:24 pm 

Lol, I've always loved the name of his super, it oozes Koshiness XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:29 pm 

I see Koshi.

Sorry for another question, but what does "sentai" mean? <_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:28 am 

Super Sentai Rangers is Japan's equivalent of our Power Rangers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:52 am 

o_O
I think I see...maybe?
<_>
*decides to look them up on Wikipedia*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:57 am 

Guesty wrote:
Sorry for another question, but what does "sentai" mean? <_>

Don't apologize <_<

"sentai" is a genre made popular in the US by the Power Rangers and Godzilla: However in the US no one refers to this genre by that name. It's basically those low-budget, live action movies where superheroes battle giant monsters, and typically in sentai films and television shows there's always the growing to like 10 stories tall and fighting either in the the middle of Tokyo or fighting near Mount Fuji.

there was a Spiderman sentai TV series in the 70's where he'd grow big and fight buglike enemies...it was actually freakishly cool.

what made sentai cool was the overexaggerated attacks and fight scenes. Usually they'd start out as regular sized-people who practiced marital arts but then they somehow grow to huge fighting...guys

The sentai show in Japan which actually holds the world record for most spinoffs on a television show is the "Ultraman" series, which is the origin for 65 spinoffs of the TV show. <_<

and Ultraman just recently started in the US like...a couple months ago <_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:00 am 

I see. Thanks very much Koshinator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:10 am 

I cant beleive I forget yeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:06 pm 

DEFEAT QUOTES GET!

"I'm such a Wiitard..."
"Huh? what happened?"

Captain Vimes - 1 point
Kosheh - 1 point
BACK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:10 pm 

<_> Puns....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:25 pm 

...Since when are we using "defeat quotes"? <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:03 pm 

I... really don't remember.

There was a topic ( http://www.customwars.com/viewtopic.php?t=3158 ), EVERYONE loved the idea, I started making a list, suddenly all the IS COs have defeat quotes now:
http://www.customwars.com/viewtopic.php?t=3035

and its in the CCO template as well <_<

I guess it wasnt really official but everyone didnt seem to mind and supported it :/