It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: GE CO - Trip Wire (Comments are good)[Rating Open]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:51 pm 

Name: Trip Wire

Army: Green Earth

Bio: The trap master, a wizard of tricks.

Quote: “Please don’t go over there, that thing could go off…”

Hit: Victory, fooling his enemies
Miss: Defeat, being fooled

Description: Somewhere in his mid twenties, Trip wears an olive drab military uniform and carries several wires and digging tools with him. He is somewhat weathered from all his scouting for good trap locations, but doesn’t have and major physical deformities to speak of. He has blond hair, in a simple buzzcut.

Sprite: None. You can attempt, if you feel the need.

KOSH'S REFERENCE. LOL

Theme: "Code Red" by x0_000. Pure awesomeness.

Personality: Trip takes no nonsense, and tolerates nothing less than victory from his troops. He is a bit blunt and unemotional, though this could be from his experience in the infantry. He isn’t what you’d call a kind fellow, though he does get along fairly well with others. He doesn’t show off, or act too recklessly in battle.

History: As a young boy growing up in rural Green Earth, Trip was always fascinated with War, albiet a romanticized, propagandized version of it. He and his friends used to play war games, and it was there that Trip's natural affinity for traps came into focus. Rope traps, crossing lines that set off fireworks, Trip's side usually won the war games because he kept thinking up new traps to pull on the other side. Of course, these traps never hurt anyone, all of them were just to slow the other side down, or freak them out.

As he grew older, Trip began researching more lethal traps, that he could use if he ever made it into the army. Punji Pits, proximity mines, snare traps, he ate it up, experimenting with hiding traps.

In the Cosmo Land War, Trip was drafted into the Green Earth Infantry Corps under Drake just before Andy's unit passed through. His particular unit never saw combat with Orange Star, though he did hear some stories about how the enemy seemed a bit reluctant. His unit did see action in the final battle however, this time under Eagle's wing. His unit was cornered by two tank divisions, but some creative use of fuel from a nearby APC set up a firewall trap, allowing them to hold out long enough to be rescued. Eagle took note of the unusual tactic, but didn't believe that one act of heroism should be enough for an infantryman to become a CO. Nevertheless, Trip made his way through the ranks of the Green Earth Infantry Corps, eventually making it to a command position.

That position was Green Earth Frontline Commander, the highest rank in the army below CO. His job, simply, was to take command in minor battles that a CO could not attend. He was selected as a CO for “Bravery Above and Beyond the Call of Duty”, and strategic prowess. While Eagle was attempting to rescue Sami, and Drake was fending off Hawke’s airstrike, a small Black Hole force pierced the open spot in Green Earth defenses created by this. Hawke left one of his minor commanders to deal with Drake, seizing the opportunity created by this gap. A large force cut off the contingent led by Trip from resupply, and Hawke demanded surrender.

A letter arrived at Black Hole HQ the next day, which contained one thing: A picture of Trip holding up “The Finger”.

Hawke, collected as always, ordered that the smaller Green Earth force be crushed. Wave after wave of Black Hole forces attacked the area, but Trip had set up booby traps, road blocks, and even things as simple as fog generators to slow the enemy down, and pick them off one by one. However, Trip hadn't counted on heavy indirect fire, and airstrikes, and his troops were battered from above. Eventually, after 8 days, Jess arrived to rescue the weary Green Earth force. Seeing that they had not only held out, but come out with fewer casualties than expected, Jess initiated Trip as a CO.

During the Omega Land war, Trip guarded the Macro Land area while Eagle and Jess were assisting the Allied Nations on the front, and Drake was watching Cosmo Land. He has seen little action on the front lines as a full CO, but is nevertheless confident in his skills.

Skill: Trip's land units dig in for the long haul, giving them one more terrain star than they should have in all terrains. However, his protection against airstrikes and indirect attacks isn't very good, so all land units are 100/80 against air and indirect units.

Power Meter: **00000

CO Power: Trap Trigger
Trip sets up booby traps in places the enemy wouldn't think to look. All enemy land units take 1 damage.

Super Power: Trick Trap
Trip sets up obvious traps to fool his foes. When an obvious one is disarmed, a hidden one goes off. Enemy land units take 1 damage for every square they travel.

Power Quotes:
“Was it the red wire, or the blue one?”
“Spike pit here, C4 there…”
“Go ahead…try to attack!”
“I wouldn’t go that way, if I were you…”
“I’m all set up. Come on!”
“Right, don’t touch that log…”

Tag in Quotes:
“Hey, let me finish digging this…”
“My turn? Let me cut this wire…”
“I’m up? Make sure to warn our guys about that spot…”

Win Quotes:
“Ah, nothing like a win.”
“Don’t look in that pit, if you get sick easy…”
“Planning is all it takes.”

Tags:
Jess (110%)* Land Grab
GE COs: 105%
BH COs: 90%
Hawke: 85%

Tag Quotes:

Jess: “Are you sure you disarmed them all?”
Trip: “Just don’t let people into the woods for a few weeks…”

Jess: “My men tell me they found a small metal box in the field…”
Trip: “Yeah, don’t touch that.”

Trip: “That slowed them down.”
Jess: “And it’ll take us months to get those traps out…”

Trip: “We win the battle, of course.”
Jess: “And take the time to clean up our mess.”

EDIT 1: Un-Blandified, added an effect to the power.

EDIT 2: Removed D2D weakness, changed power, cut a COP star, added 2 SCOP stars.

EDIT 3: Expanded bio to include Cosmo Land war.

EDIT 4a: Did a huge edit, but lost everything due to computer crash. SCOP editted, weakness added.

EDIT 4b: Bio edit.

Mini-Edit: Theme Added

RATES FOR CURRENT VERSION:
Fatdude - 165/200
Rifton - 147/200
Veggie - 167/200
TLG - 161/200

Total: 2 As, 2 B. Revisions to come with another rate.

Alden of Blue Moon. (Complete, except long bio. Look at him and comment, or I kill a puppy.) (Possibly my most creative CCO...)

Pointless DoR/DC CO concepts. They frighten those of you who actually know what you're talking about.

Last edited by TheChronoMaster on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:39 am, edited 21 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:53 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
Ha ha ha, 5/5 for the name

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:55 pm 

Hmm, this CO plays as lot like Lash... However both powers have different uses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:55 pm 

I like this guy, although I think you can find something better for the skill.

"Hi, I'm an artificial cap imposed because the idea isn't balanced!"-Xen

OverlordSmurf, on two really bad tank ideas.
OverlordSmurf wrote:
Tough crowd? Even the easy crowd is eager to boo this crap >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:56 pm 

Yeah, but I just had a brainwave, and had to write it up before I lost it. I'll work on the skill tomorrow.

Alden of Blue Moon. (Complete, except long bio. Look at him and comment, or I kill a puppy.) (Possibly my most creative CCO...)

Pointless DoR/DC CO concepts. They frighten those of you who actually know what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:58 pm 

Lesse... That COP has been done by 3 other COs now... AW2 Olaf, Amy, and Jared.

As for the SCOP, Arty took a balanced version of it.

You're either completely oblivious, or the greatest actor in the world.

For the sake of my sanity I'm hoping the second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:41 am 

Edit 1 complete. Comments are still good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:47 pm 

The lack of comments makes me green and huge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:56 pm 

Let's see...

I've seen Trip as a name in it's own right, so you could probably get away with that...

Your day to day is overdone. Basically 90/110 stats in disguise with less fuel usage...

The COP is overdone. See Lego's comment...

Your SCOP has been done, but not overdone. However, it's also insanely powerful. Yes, it's a bit selective, but if his units want to do anything, they take damage. A lot of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:37 am 

Changing it up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:43 am 

he has no weakness. just 2 strengths

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:46 am 

Both of them are fairly small, in my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:47 am 

so does olaf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:09 am 

i thought he was worse off in rain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:24 am 

^

And when does that come along in a competitive match?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:32 am 

at least he has one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:37 am 

Okay this guy is like broken or something.

D2D: 100/110 and half fuel consumption.
COP: 1 Mass damage. FOR TWO FREAKIN' STARS?! Hell, mass damage for a blandie is 2.5 stars...
Doubling movement costs should be at least 2 stars, and 2 mass damage is 5.5-6 stars... and he's overpowered D2D...

zomg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:45 am 

x0_000 wrote:
Okay this guy is like broken or something.

D2D: 100/110 and half fuel consumption.
COP: 1 Mass damage. FOR TWO FREAKIN' STARS?! Hell, mass damage for a blandie is 2.5 stars...
Doubling movement costs should be at least 2 stars, and 2 mass damage is 5.5-6 stars... and he's overpowered D2D...

zomg.

D2D: On Land only.
COP: Went with the lower one, should I push it up to 3 stars? Also, on land only.
SCOP: The power costs 7 stars, it is not 2 mass damage, it affects land units only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:55 am 

God damn me and my abilities to not read the power properly.

Then I'd say SITUATIONALLY BROKEN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:57 am 

which is still broken. and situational

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:17 am 

x0_000 wrote:
God damn me and my abilities to not read the power properly.

Then I'd say SITUATIONALLY BROKEN.

'k. How should I fix him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:18 am 

Make the COPs less situational.

EDIT: as of now, you may have to do some edits to the bio to make his abilities less situational...

The day-to-day is fine, but the powers need to be changed IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:33 am 

Hmm, I just really like the idea of a trap based CO...

Does anyone have suggestions for trap based, non-specialized abilities?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:00 am 

Well start by making them less situational and less broken. And I'd really consider changing the name. He sounds like a Big Brother contestant. :evil:

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Haha. Andy's COP doesn't counter mass damage. It counters your power bar's attempts at being full. ~CrystalGuard 292

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:02 am 

nah...doesn't sound stupid enough. the name's too cheesey though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:17 am 

I had it as Chip "Trip" Wire, you know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:00 am 

Here are my suggestions for power modifications:

Give a defense bonus if the unit has less that a certain amount of HP.
Repairing units.

For the mass damage, I would suggest making it even more situational, not just damaging land units, but adding another condition on top of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:45 am 

His SCOP and d2d are still too powerful. The COP looks ok now, though.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Haha. Andy's COP doesn't counter mass damage. It counters your power bar's attempts at being full. ~CrystalGuard 292

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:40 pm 

Is his name Chip or Trip.

The name says Trip Wire but everything else says Chip.

Koal: Jugger, what is inside your shell.

Jugger:Oh....er...um...secret.

(ಠ_ಠ) <- This is Kosheh. Put him in your sig and help him on his way to world domination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:47 pm 

TheChronoMaster wrote:
I had it as Chip "Trip" Wire, you know...

This should answer your question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:17 pm 

maybe he should put it in the CO

Koal: Jugger, what is inside your shell.

Jugger:Oh....er...um...secret.

(ಠ_ಠ) <- This is Kosheh. Put him in your sig and help him on his way to world domination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:02 pm 

This is a case of "It was late, Chrono was tired, and he only edited the name and nothing else"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:04 am 

Topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:14 am 

Yar. This be a bump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:39 am 

So is this, but with less pirate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:24 pm 

CO Trip Wire (July 31st)

Name: 5/5
A campy name. It's so ungodly terrible it's utterly fantastic.

Bio: 5/20
This... is not good. Incoherent babble, really. HewaspartofthearmyinGEthatdidn'tseeanyactionbutthendidandthenit'sAW2andhisunitgotintothissituationandhewasaherotheend.
Hawke is rather out of character too. He's a competent commander, not some bloody twit who sends "waves after waves of troops" at a small group of soldiers. If Hawke's superior troops somehow failed the first attack, he'd obviously just blast the crap out of Trip's unit with indirect fire, not consistantly fail over and over. Hell, ANY commanding officer with even a lick of intelligence wouldn't do such a thing.
This needs some major work.

Quotes: 12/15
Only two switch/"tag in" quotes, please. The quotes work, but that's all.

Creative Total: 22/40
Needs help.

Skill: 1/70
Are you kidding me? Are you serious? An incredible strength combined with a very solid strength, with no weakness to speak of. Broken.

COP: 20/40
One mass damage is 2.5 stars. With your insane d2d, this is clearly underpriced. If it was priced correctly, it's a very boring power.

SCOP: 1/40
The two abilties contradict each other, you do realize. Still, TWO damage for EVERY SPACE MOVED? Unbeleiveable, are you bloody high? Bbbbroken!

Tags: 5/10
They work, albiet on the weak side numerically I think. Oh wait, that SCOP is so laughably broken him tagging is a sin! Hey, how about Trip Wire and Ben tag? That sounds balanced.

Technical Total: 27/160
...NO.

Grand Total: 49/200 Image
What the hell, dude? This is just insulting. I want my time back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:00 am 

I notice you never mentioned his abilities affect land units only. Did you notice that?

Nevertheless, I think I have a decent weakness cooked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:08 am 

I didn't need to mention that, it's still broken as "holymotherofgod".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:21 am 

Stupid computer, stupid crashing, losing the whole freaking bio rewrite.

Bah. Technical section editted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:41 am 

And, Bio edit done.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next