It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:43 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: PG/BH CO - Chris Cross (Open for rating) (REVISED)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:44 am 

Name: Chris Cross.

Army: Black Hole :bh: (Or rather, Parallel Galaxy)

Bio: A boy from the future, with control over time.

Quote: "You've met your match!"

:hit: : Time Travel, Lash
:miss: : Waiting around, Allied Nations

Description: Rather short (5'3"), with slicked back brown hair. Wears an unbuttoned black jacket over his blue shirt. Wears black pants. Has slightly tanned skin, and round, blue eyes. Has a slight, yet enigmatic smile. Weight is medium.

(needs revision)

Personality: Normally calm and cool, he is easily angered by stupidity. He is a very overconfident person. Tends to hang out with Lash, and despises anyone who is an enemy of hers. If she asks him to do something, he'll do it, doesn't matter if he wants to. Especially hates Nell and Sonja.

History: From a distant, not-so-peaceful alternate future, in which Black Hole won the second war, Chris grew up in a world dominated by Black Hole propaganda, and "Creative History Revision". As a young boy, he was noted by by the Black Hole higher ups for taking a special intrest in war, and was taken away to a special Academy, designed to raise perfect soldiers and commanders. Chris, however, though he loved Black Hole, was a fireball, and would constantly ignore or outright go against his supieriors, often earning him a fast track to being held back.

In this world, Sturm had died of natural causes (At least, that was the official report), and Hawke had succeeded him, due to a note in his will. Chris never questioned Black Hole's dominance, and their world warped his mind. He especially idolized Lash, for defeating, as the history books said, "The Evil Witch Sonja of Yellow Comet, The Stupid Samurai Kanbei of Yellow Comet, and The Senile Sensei of Yellow Comet", in addition to her many inventions which turned the tide of war in Black Hole's favor.

At one point, a resistance force led by an aging Nell attacked his town. Lash herself came to supervise the counteroffensive, and her skillful tactics destroyed the meager resistance, only causing Chris to worship her more. He fantasized about meeting her, working under her, in the way that a young boy fantasizes about being a fireman or an astronaut.

When he turned 13, Chris managed to become lab assistant of Lash's after she saw his intelligence in a test battle within a Black Hole recruiting establishment. No one dared to disagree with her judgement, and Chris could finally realize his dream. Over time, he became her lieutenant by gaining her trust, and helping her with inventions. At one point however, he was curious about one of her new, "Top Secret" projects. Directly going against her, as he was prone to do, and tampering with it, he was thrown back in time to the end of an alternate second war. Outraged that Black Hole was losing, he tried to assist at the final battle...and failed. He believes he caused the loss, by distracting Lash, causing her to prepare the missile that would have sealed Black Hole's victory more slowly than she could have. (In reality, he didn' have much of an effect whatsoever, Bombers were at the Death Ray's front door by the time he arrived.)

The original timeline's Lash took a liking to him quickly, due to him telling her about one of her future inventions: The Black Bomb to be exact. Based on his descriptions of her alternate's latest invention, she made a device that would allow a person to slightly control time, but it needed a large amount of energy to run. She thought CO Power energy would work, and tested him in a simulated battle. After he was able to activate it, and mop up her forces, she initiated him as a full-fledged CO. After that, he began work for the present-day Black Hole, trying to restore his time.

During the Omega Land war, Chris went on a bit of a journey around Omega Land, scouting out possible base locations. According to some sources, he was leading a fairly large battalion of Black Hole forces against seemingly random targets. Apparently, he was recruited by Parallel Galaxy recently, supposedly because they noticed an independant CO leading attacks against AN controlled areas, and he accepted due to the lack of contact from his supieriors. After all, hey the two armies were pretty much the same, in his mind. He still thinks of himself as a Black Hole CO, though, and prefers to work with them rather than working with Parallel Galaxy.

As far as his relationships with other COs go, he works well with the Black Hole COs, and decently with all the PG COs. He dislikes Nell as she attacked his hometown when he was young.

Theme: Barbed Wyre by FreeLance_FoX.

:skill: Totally bland for the first time ever, yay.

Power Meter: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

CO Power :power: : Wormhole. Units are set to full health. They take damage as normal. At the end of his opponent's turn, they are set back to the health they had when this power was activated, minus damage taken.

Super Power :super: : wolF sdrawkcaB (Backwards Flow)
Opponent reverts to the status they were at on their last turn. They lose the income they gained on this turn, any units they built, and the units they moved go back to original posistions, captures are reversed by however many points, star amount for power goes down, whatever. CC keeps all damage or lost buildings as if they had taken their turn though. (Same for neutral buildings captured)

Power Quotes:
"I'll take ya back in time!"
"Let's wind our watches!"
"You don't have a future!"
"Let's go back to the beginning!"
"I won't back down...Just back up!"
"Don't cross me!"

Tag in quotes:
"Heh, I jumped right here!"
"My turn, eh? That took no time at all!"

Tags:
Lash ** (110%) Lab Partners
Nell 85%
Kanbei 95%
Sensei 95%
Sonja 85%
BH COs (Not Flak or Bolt Guard, though) 105%

Win Quotes:
"Wait'll I tell Lash!"
"Can't stop time, or me!"

Tag Win Quotes:

CC: "Didja see me Lash? I'm so great!"
Lash: "The way I see it, I did all the work..."

Lash: "And thats why freaks like you shouldn't fight!"
CC: "Yeah! Lash, we rule together!"

Lash: "My inventions can't be beat!"
CC: "My men just won't die!"

CC: "Um...I can't think of anything! Lash?"
Lash: "Chris, work on your witty taunts. They suck."

EDIT 1: Knocked a star off of COP, adding on 5 points of offense at the same time. Decreased weakness and increased strength in SCOP.

EDIT 2: Cut a word or two from the bio, added a star to the SCOP, increased tag with Nell from 70-80%, increased tag with Sonja from 70-75%, generally made topic look more nice.

EDIT 3: Tacked on notes to the history about his relationships with other COs.

EDIT 4: Noted that standard boosts don't apply in powers.

EDIT 5: Changed a quote.

EDIT 6: Converted SCOP to original concept (for the most part), changing it from COP. Weakened tag with Lash to 110%. Edited D2D, adding in a weakened original concept.

EDIT 7: Went back to EDIT 5 version.

EDIT 8: Tag with Whip added.

EDIT 9: Many major changes.

EDIT 10: COP power increased.

EDIT 11: Is now a PG CO, minor backstory edit to affirm this. Edits to backstory for general improvement.

EDIT 12: Minor edit to description and effect of SCOP.

EDIT 13: Removed Whip tag. (Doesn't really count as a full revision, old rates apply) Quote edit.

EDIT 14: Full Revision on technical side. Quote changes, tag changes.

EDIT 15: Revisions on technical side, Quote changes, tag changes, minor bio changes.

Mini-Edit: Tag changes

RATES FOR CURRENT VERSION (Easier for me):
None

Alden of Blue Moon. (Complete, except long bio. Look at him and comment, or I kill a puppy.) (Possibly my most creative CCO...)

Pointless DoR/DC CO concepts. They frighten those of you who actually know what you're talking about.

Last edited by TheChronoMaster on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:24 am, edited 46 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:59 am 

Edited once, according to suggestions on WWN.

Alden of Blue Moon. (Complete, except long bio. Look at him and comment, or I kill a puppy.) (Possibly my most creative CCO...)

Pointless DoR/DC CO concepts. They frighten those of you who actually know what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:05 am 

I see no D2D anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:06 am 

Eh?

A c/p glitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:31 pm 

Eh, I'd really like opinions here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:36 pm 

wait at least one day before you bump it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:42 pm 

I'm not a patient person.

It's another of my fatal flaws. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:44 pm 

Sorry, I don't like it. No offense.

It feels like he's a mix between Grimm and Sonja, and becomes more offensive during powers.

Doesn't feel very original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:46 pm 

Huh, I see the Grimm resemblence (I knew that'd be picked on, which is why I tried to switch up his powers a bit), but other than Hidden HP, I see no Sonja.

Eh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:48 pm 

Err, the hidden HP is Sonja. That's her unique ability since AW1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:50 pm 

I know, but still...

Eh. I see more of Andy in him myself, which really serves to augment his offense.

But as an AW2 CCO, he got pretty high scores on WWN, so I must be doing something right....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:51 pm 

Reardon: No, you're wrong. Sonja's unique ability is to arserape balance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:51 pm 

^

True enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:57 pm 

Ok, not counting stupid FoW specialization, the occational terrain ownage, and bad luck.

>.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:59 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
I've always liked Chris. He's pretty good. Plus, he got an S from thefalman, which is always good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:59 pm 

AW2 Version: http://forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=104

Hmm. Yeah, so the concept isn't that original, but I think I played around with it enough to the point where it feels different, and he would probably play differently from Andy/Grimm/Sonja as well. The concept isn't unique, but I feel the end product is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:18 pm 

He's a very solid CO, especially with snail mail games. The attack boost is actually quite noticeable as anybody who's used a good amount of Hawke can tell you. The negative defense is canceled out by the hidden HP which especially in Snail mail games is going to make it difficult to keep track. Both powers rejuvenate his forces and add an even larger attack boost, while the Hidden HP helps to protect the weaker defense still.

All in all I see him being a very strong CO all over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:49 am 

Any more suggestions, comments, or better yet, ratings?

Post subject: Re: CCO Chris Cross (Open for rating, continued inside)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:51 pm 

TheChronoMaster wrote:

Army: Black Hole

Hit: Time Travel, Lash
Miss: Waiting around, Allied Nations

Description: Rather short (5'3"), with slicked back brown hair. Wears an unbuttoned black jacket over his blue shirt. Wears black pants. Has slightly tanned skin, and round, blue eyes. Has a slight, yet enigmatic smile. Weight is medium.

Sprite: Is non-existent. I'd like one done, if anyone wants to...

Personality: Normally calm and cool, he is easily angered by stupidity. He is a very overconfident person. Tends to hang out with Lash, and despises anyone who is an enemy of hers. If she asks him to do something, he'll do it, doesn't matter if he wants to. Especially hates Nell and Sonja.

History: From a distant, not-so-peaceful alternate future, in which Black Hole won the second war, Chris managed to become lab assistant of Lash's after she saw his intelligence in a test battle. Becoming her lieutenant, he was curious about one of her new, "Top Secret" projects. After tampering with it, he was thrown back in time to the end of an alternate second war. Outraged that Black Hole was losing, he tried to assist at the final battle...and failed. He believes he caused the loss, by distracting Lash, causing her to prepare the missile that would have sealed Black Hole's victory more slowly than she could have.

The original timeline's Lash took a liking to him quickly, due to him telling her about some of her future inventions: The Black Bomb and Piperunner to be exact. Based on his descriptions of her alternate's latest invention, she made a device that would allow a person to slightly control time, but it needed a large amount of energy to run. She thought CO Power energy would work, and tested him in a battle. After he was able to activate it, and mop up her forces, she initiated him as a full-fledged CO. He now works for the present's Black Hole, trying to restore his future.

During the Omega Land war, Chris went on a bit of a journey around Omega Land, scouting out possible base locations. According to some sources, he still doesn't know the war is over, and is leading a fairly large battalion of Black Hole forces against seemingly random targets.

Theme: I'd like a custom theme done, actually. Any takers?

Skill: Has higher offense then usual, but lower defense. (110/90) His constant time warps jam his opponent's scanners. (All units have hidden HP)

Power Meter: ***000

CO Power: Time Warp. Units gain 2 health, Bonuses and losses are increased. (135/80)

Super Power: Wormhole. Units gain 4 health. Bonuses are further increased. (155/90) Enemy units lose half their ammo, due to their equipment being warped away.

Power Quotes:
"Units! Activate time devices now!"
"The dead'll live again!"
"I'm the time demon! You can't win!"
"Warp in, warp out...This is awesome!"
"Lavos has nothing on me!"

Tag in quotes:
"Haha! Now you're dead!"

Tags:
Lash ** (120%) Lab Partners
All BH COs: 105%
All AN COs: 95%
Flak 80%
Nell 70%
Sonja 70%

Win Quotes:
"Wait'll I tell Lash!"
"Of course! I couldn't lose!"

Tag Win Quotes:

Lash: "Hey! I just had a new idea!"
CC: "What is it?!? A new invention?!? Lash, you rule!"

CO Chris Cross

Name: 5/5
Cross as in Cross over? Anyway, it reminds me of Chrono Trigger and it has a feint resemblance to crossing over so it's good enough for a 5/5 for me.

Bio: 13/20
It's well written, but I found a few problems. His dislike of Nell and Sonja are unexplained. His history of how he became interested in the army and his early years are left untouched, and the fact Kindle orders Lash to make the Piperunner, she hasn't got the idea for it yet.

Other than that, it is an excellent bio.
-7: Few small plotholes, feel incomplete.

Quotes: 14/15
They're all there, but except for that lavos quote, none stand out for a perfect 15.
-1: Not college material (lol, Simpsons reference)

Creative Total: 32/40
Bio.

Skill: 69/70
Perfect balance but lacks perfect originality. LOL 69!!!1111oneelevenFAPFAPFAP
-1: Too Grimm + Sonja.

COP: 39/40
Slightly underpowered. Healing is 2.5 stars. Standard bonuses CC is 120/100, minus 20 defense for attack you get 140/80 (combined with hidden HP), which would be perfect balance, but you only get 135/80 :(
-1: Just a tiny bit underpowered.

SCOP: 30/40
Joy, more star counting and figuring out costs, I hate you. 0/200
Lemme see here.
4 Health: 4.5 stars, Andy heals 2 HP, worth 2.5 stars, so yeah, can get away with 4.5
Standard boosts = 120/100, minus 10 defense for offense = 130/90. +25 attack = 2 stars due to D>O in previous calculation
That's 6.5 stars. I would say ammo is worth about .5 stars, so that's 7 stars.

Yay, overpowered, somewhere between 7-8 stars, and you get it for 6.
-10: Underpriced by one star, mostly a doubled COP with ammo loss tacked on.

Tags: 9/10
Some of the negative tags are overkilled, and can stand to be buffed.
-1: A bit too weak.

Technical Total: 147/160
Oh lawdy how much you must hate your SCOP at this moment, almost nipped a 155+. This guys technical section is a beast. Fix the SCOP. NOW, and then repost it on my rating list. Otherwise I will kill you.

Grand Total: 179/200
I disagree with WWN's S, but not by much. This CO is fantastic, and a small rehaul of his SCOP and maybe bio will get an S Rank for sure.

:arank:

Highest rated CO by me so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:59 am 

Eh, I can't think of a way to explain his dislike of Nell without breaking the momentum (It has to do with her being the leader of Orange Star, and thusly, the Allied Nations). Sonja should be fairly obvious, but he believes her to be Lash's prime enemy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:41 pm 

TheChronoMaster wrote:
Should be in topic title: (Needs sprite and Music. And suggestions.)

Army: Black Hole :bh:

History: From a distant, not-so-peaceful alternate future, in which Black Hole won the second war, Chris managed to become lab assistant of Lash's after she saw his intelligence in a test battle. Becoming her lieutenant, he was curious about one of her new, "Top Secret" projects. After tampering with it, he was thrown back in time to the end of an alternate second war. Outraged that Black Hole was losing, he tried to assist at the final battle...and failed. He believes he caused the loss, by distracting Lash, causing her to prepare the missile that would have sealed Black Hole's victory more slowly than she could have.

The original timeline's Lash took a liking to him quickly, due to him telling her about one of her future inventions: The Black Bomb to be exact. Based on his descriptions of her alternate's latest invention, she made a device that would allow a person to slightly control time, but it needed a large amount of energy to run. She thought CO Power energy would work, and tested him in a battle. After he was able to activate it, and mop up her forces, she initiated him as a full-fledged CO. He now works for the present's Black Hole, trying to restore his future.

During the Omega Land war, Chris went on a bit of a journey around Omega Land, scouting out possible base locations. According to some sources, he still doesn't know the war is over, and is leading a fairly large battalion of Black Hole forces against seemingly random targets.

:skill: : Has higher offense then usual, but lower defense. (110/90) His constant time warps jam his opponent's scanners. (All units have hidden HP)

Power Meter: :smallstar::smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

CO Power :power: : Time Warp. Units gain 2 health, Bonuses and losses are increased. (135/80)

Super Power :super: : Wormhole. Units gain 4 health. Bonuses are further increased. (155/90) Enemy units lose half their ammo, due to their equipment being warped away.

Power Quotes:

Tag in quotes:
"Haha! Now you're dead!"

Tags:
Flak 80%
Nell 80%
Sonja 75%

Win Quotes:
"Wait'll I tell Lash!"

Tag Win Quotes:

CO Chris Cross

Name: 5/5
Above

Bio: 15/20
You fixed it up a bit and gt rid of the Piperunner, but it's still a bit incomplete.
-5: Incomplete

Quotes: 14/15
Same'D
-1: Same'D

Creative Total: 34/40
Bio nub

Skill: 69/70
-1: Same'D

COP: 39/40
Same'D
-1: Underpowered

SCOP: 36/40
You fixed it, nice.
-4: feels like COP with ammo tacked on

Tags: 9/10
You improved it, but with a longer bar, I can see 85% negatives working fine.
-1: More buffing required.

Technical Total: 153/160
Pwnage

Grand Total: 187/200
Barely scraping an S, but it deserves it. I'm not too fussed about COP and SCOP originalities, so you didn't get penalised much there. It's a great CO, nice work here with no real balance issues.

:srank:

Yay, my first S Rank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:42 pm 

That's because you haven't re-rated Falcone yet.

Yeah, this CCO doesn't have balance problems like many others do (like mine). It's just very solid.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:02 pm 

TheChronoMaster wrote:

The original timeline's Lash took a liking to him quickly, due to him telling her about one of her future inventions: The Black Bomb to be exact. Based on his descriptions of her alternate's latest invention, she made a device that would allow a person to slightly control time, but it needed a large amount of energy to run. She thought CO Power energy would work, and tested him in a battle. After he was able to activate it, and mop up her forces, she initiated him as a full-fledged CO. He now works for the present's Black Hole, trying to restore his future.

As far as his relationships with other COs go, he works well with the other Black Hole COs, with the exception of Flak. He dislikes Nell as she is the leader of Orange Star, who he feels is the main reason for Black Hole's loss in the second war. His hatred of Sonja stems from the fact that he believes her to be Lash's greatest foe, and he actually believes she "cheats" in battle.

:skill: : Has higher offense then usual, but lower defense. (110/90) His constant time warps jam his opponent's scanners. (All units have hidden HP)

Power Meter: :smallstar::smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

CO Power :power: : Time Warp. Units gain 2 health, Bonuses and losses are increased.[Standard boosts do not apply] (135/80)

Super Power :super: : Wormhole. Units gain 4 health. Bonuses are further increased. (155/90) Enemy units lose half their ammo, due to their equipment being warped away.[Standard boosts do not apply]

Power Quotes:

Tag in quotes:
"Haha! Now you're dead!"

Tags:
Flak 80%
Nell 80%
Sonja 75%

Win Quotes:
"Wait'll I tell Lash!"

Tag Win Quotes:

EDIT 1: Knocked a star off of COP, adding on 5 points of offense at the same time. Decreased weakness and increased strength in SCOP.

EDIT 2: Cut a word or two from the bio, added a star to the SCOP, increased tag with Nell from 70-80%, increased tag with Sonja from 70-75%, generally made topic look more nice.

OK.

Name:5 Points
-O. Nothing wrong with it. Nice name.

Bio: 9 Points
-1. I dont really understand how he lost the second war by distracting Lash, didn't make sense to me. Otherwise its perfect. I love it!

Personality: 5 Points
-0. Very basic but reflects the character nicely.

Description: 5 Points
-0. I can't see anywhere to minus points. Its fine.

Qutoes: 13 Points
-2. They're all fine but basic.

Creative Total:37
-3. Quotes are basic and nothing special. Bio didnt make sense in one part.

Skills: 67 Points
-3. I'll tell you now that for every 10 defence lost there is 15 attack gained. There is also Sonja in the D2D so marks lost for originality

COP: 39 Points
-1. There is really not much wrong but a tiny bit unoriginal.

SCOP: 38 Points
-2. A very nice SCOP but overshadows the COP just a bit.

Tags: 9 Points
-1. The percentages don't make sense. He doesn't like Nell cause she made him loose the war but he works better with her then Sonja, who he dislikes because Lash does.

Power Section: 153 Points
-7. I really like this CO's powers. Just a little work to be done

GRAND TOTAL: 190 :srank:
This CO is great. There is not really much to be done. You can give yourself a pat on the back. Well done.

I would also like to ask. Have you ever met Banzo? The Personality has Banzo written all over it. Mainly the first sentance.

Koal: Jugger, what is inside your shell.

Jugger:Oh....er...um...secret.

(ಠ_ಠ) <- This is Kosheh. Put him in your sig and help him on his way to world domination.

Last edited by EagleM on Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:11 pm 

:skill: Normally, I would dock you 10 points minimum for unoriginality, but hidden HP coupled with increased offense and defense is all right.

The powers remind me of Hyper Repair and Hyper Upgrade. Hyper Upgrade is always better, and the situations where Hyper Repair can be useful are limited at best.

He suffers from SCOP syndrome. In other words, the SCOP completely overshadows the COP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:55 pm 

EagleM wrote:
Have you ever met Banzo? The Personality has Banzo written all over it. Mainly the first sentance.

I approve of this comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:57 pm 

Drake+Sonja+Grimm+Andy? Its just very... meh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:05 pm 

It kinda becomes original after you have to + more than 3 CO's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:07 pm 

It's not like he's overloading on abilities either. He found some that fit fairly well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:07 pm 

Banzo803 wrote:
EagleM wrote:
Have you ever met Banzo? The Personality has Banzo written all over it. Mainly the first sentance.

I approve of this comment.

Obviously you do. You can't deny the fact that you randomly yell at people.

Koal: Jugger, what is inside your shell.

Jugger:Oh....er...um...secret.

(ಠ_ಠ) <- This is Kosheh. Put him in your sig and help him on his way to world domination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:12 pm 

I just prefer original Ideas, not just bits from here and there. Good CO or not, it lacks creativity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:52 pm 

Chrono Trigger/Chross fan much?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:18 am 

I hate Chrono Cross. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:16 am 

'cept the name. chrono trigger's better. hope he gets in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:01 am 

*punch, chop, kick, bump*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:16 am 

Idk, he just seems a little bleh to me.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:19 am 

his COPs are like Andy, but he equips all his units with steroids. i like it. i assume he's goin to the voting booth, once he gets past banzo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:40 pm 

TheChronoMaster wrote:

As far as his relationships with other COs go, he works well with the other Black Hole COs, with the exception of Flak. He dislikes Nell as she is the leader of Orange Star, who he feels is the main reason for Black Hole's loss in the second war. His hatred of Sonja stems from the fact that he believes her to be Lash's greatest foe, and he actually believes she "cheats" in battle.

CO Power :power: : Time Warp. Units gain 2 health, Bonuses and losses are increased. (135/80) [Standard boosts don't apply]

Super Power :super: : Wormhole. Units gain 4 health. Bonuses are further increased. (155/90) Enemy units lose half their ammo, due to their equipment being warped away. [Standard boosts don't apply]

Power Quotes:

Tag in quotes:
"Haha! Now you're dead!"

Tags:
Flak 80%
Nell 80%
Sonja 75%

Win Quotes:
"Wait'll I tell Lash!"

Tag Win Quotes:

EDIT 4: Noted that standard boosts don't apply in powers.

Name: 4/5
It's a name.

Bio: 14/20
Time travel is a stretch for a CO, even in the Advance Wars universe, especially from alternate universes. It creates so many time paradoxes the thought of it boggles my mind. The explanation for negative tags with Sonja and Nell are also weak. Other than those two glaring issues, it was well-written and seems to be devoid of spelling or grammar errors.

Quotes: 12/15
The tag victory quotes makes Chris seem like Lash's boy toy. Or a yes-man at the very least. One quote doesn't make too much sense to me, which is the "The dead'll live again." The quotes work considering his personality. I can't seem to find much fault here aside from those two issues.

Creative Total: 30/40

Skill: 60/70
Ewww...higher offense for lower defense. Even though you have the hidden HP going, this CO reeks of unoriginality with the D2D. Surely you can do something involving his background for his D2D. I expected much more than a Grimm/Sonja combination. At least he's balanced...

CO Power: 30/40
Hyper Repair and 25 offense for a loss of 10 defense. As it stands, it is slightly overpowered because Hyper Repair works very well with your hidden HP D2D. You also suffer from the fact it's Hyper Repair with some Grimm-like changes. From a thematic standpoint, why does time travel restore his units HP? I'm just wondering.

Super CO Power: 25/40
Blah. 2x the power of the COP, and we have the SCOP. Oh, wait, it costs 4 stars instead of 3 stars. In addition, Hyper Upgrade has you beat. Andy gets 130/110 stats, 5 HP, AND +1 movement. You get 4 HP, 155/80 stats, and reduce enemy ammo by 1/2. Reducing enemy ammo is a minor issue because APCs/Black Boats can easily heal it, moreso than 1/2 fuel. So we have 4 HP and 155/80 stats, which 130/110 stats easily outdo. Hyper Upgrade is the benchmark for a power like his, and it outshines Chris's SCOP easily.

Tag Affinities: 8/10
No glaring issues with the tags except for the one with Lash. 120% offense AND ** affinity stars is an eyesore. Tone it down slightly.

Technical Total: 123/160

Grand Total: 153/200 :brank:
Some originality issues are present with the powers and D2D in general. SCOP is the glaring issue because of two issues: the similarity with the COP and the fact Hyper Upgrade outshines it. Improve the SCOP, and change the COP to dissuade SCOP syndrome (using the SCOP exclusively).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:51 pm 

Hmm, I was thinking of going back to his original concept, as this is CW, so COs don't need to be hackable...new code and such...

His original concept was hidden HP, and a 5% chance for a unit to avoid damage completely. The COP had healing and a power boost, wheras the SCOP increased the chance to 50%, in addition to a 10% chance for enemy units to be destroyed instantly. If I choose to go back to that, his CW version will be utterly different from his WWN version, and I'm wondering if I should take that step...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:54 pm 

I'll let you know right now; I DETEST random chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:54 pm 

>_>

I like it, actually.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next