It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Mark & Pandora Techs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:38 am 

Go to http://forums.customwars.com/viewtopic. ... 536#173536 for the Creatives.

Mark's Technical wrote:
Theme
Slow the enemy down, gaining the upper hand through superior speed.

:skill:
+Attacked units lose 1 movement during the enemy's following turn (this effect doesn't stack. Against tags, only the frontal CO is affected. For powers like Eagle's [in which the CO doesn't change, but gets an extra "turn"], the effect still applies. Counterattacks don't trigger this effect.)
*Bland

:power: :smallstar::smallstar::smallstar:
+Attacked land units have their fuel reduced to zero. Only primary weapons trigger this effect (Counterattacks DO trigger this)
+Default bonus

:super: :smallstar::smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:
+Units have +1 movement
+Enemy units take damage equal to 1/3 (Exact damage) of the movement points Mark's unit spent. (Damage is dealt before combat starts)
+Untargetted enemy units have +1 movement costs.
+Default bonus

Quote:
Mark: A coldhearted CO exiled from Blue Moon. Joined Yellow Comet in secrecy under Sensei's command.
:hit: Bullseye
:miss: Missing

Units aim at enemy treads/wheels/propellers/etc. when attacking. Targeted enemies can't move as much as usual.

:smallstar::smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

:power: Alpha Scope
Primary weapon firepower is concentrated on fuel tanks, draining all fuel from attacked enemy land units.

:super: Weapon Eclipse
Hidden HQ weapon revealed! Damage is dealt before combat according to movement. Untargeted units can barely move, while allies gain 1 extra movement.

Grit :bigstar:
Sensei :bigstar:

Credits to:
x0-000 for the sketch, and for letting me steal the super cool theme Mark now has.
Everybody that comments, they give important insight into what must be changed (even if sometimes they mean that everything must be redone LOL)
Mark thanks ChessRules for his first rate!

Pandora's Technical wrote:
Theme
Screw the opponent, basically. Gain an advantage against the enemy's lower stats.

+ Enemy stats are multiplied by 0.95. Only Attack/Defense is affected.
* Bland

:power: :smallstar::smallstar::smallstar:
+ Enemy's D2D is nullified for 2 days. (Powers that include doubling/tripling D2D effects don't work if they're activated while this is in effect)
+ Enemy power meter doesn't charge.
+ Pandora's D2D doubles. (Stats multiply by 0.90)
+ Default bonus

:super: :smallstar::smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:
+Enemy CO's meter charges in reverse.
+Firepower/defense is lost as meter discharges, as stated in this formula:
While enemy gauge drains out, their units lose x% stats (X bieng %drained x 0.25) So when you drain the 100% of the bar, the enemy loses 25% firepower/defense. Note that if the bar is not charged fully, it means that you won't be able to make the stats drop to 75%/75% of the original (the intended makimum) NOT that you would reach that maximum faster.
+ Default bonus

Quote:
Pandora: A gossipy young CO that always seem to know something you don't. An expert at inhibitting enemy performance.
:hit: Keeping secrets
:miss: Telling them

Vast knowledge of the enemy CO allows anticipation of enemy tactics, resulting in less-efficient enemy commanding.

:smallstar::smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

:power: Classified Information
The dirt is dug upon the enemy CO. All D2D efects are nullified, troop performance drops and powers bars do not charge.

:super: The Box
A massive scandal ensues. Enemy meter charges in reverse, while firepower and defense drop according to the amount discharged.

Conrad :bigstar::bigstar:
Javier :bigstar::bigstar:
Jess :bigstar:

Credits to:
x0 for the last name... and teh theme, of course!
CO_Frosty for major tweaks in the tech section.
Aizen for my first rate.
V for the new powers.
ChessRules for COP and SCOP tweaks and changes
Mr. Destructo for preliminary art, and colored preliminary art.
Kireato, Shoe-sama for comments and ideas for the tech.
JakeSamiRulz for the idea of the firepower drop SCOP.
Stuffman for letting Pandora Tag with Conrad <3 <3
Zi Freak and Kanzer for helping me make the SCOP actually work.

Quote:
Change Log:
26-XI-07: Mark's COP now costs three stars. Pandora's COP now only halts charging.

Rape away >_>;

Last edited by TNT Colonel on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:49 am 

The balance on these dudes is real shaky man, I can't really gauge it without seeing them on the field.

The first CO I have no idea about. I don't think it'll be too problematic since if I have a unit that attacked or was attacked by my opponent, it'll probably turn into an immediate meatshield or won't have to move too far to attack something else. Don't know about the SCOP yet.

I read something about shoe bitching about COP disabling at 3 stars. Didn't Koshi have that? Doesn't he still have it? Anyhow the stat reduction is more fair with a multiplier instead of static negative modifiers, but it's still weird. Also don't know about the SCOP yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:32 pm 

You know I've always loved your kids.

Post subject: Re: Mark & Pandora Techs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:01 am 

Mark's Technical wrote:
Theme
Slow the enemy down, gaining the upper hand through superior speed.

+Attacked units lose 1 movement during the enemy's following turn (this effect doesn't stack. Against tags, only the frontal CO is affected. For powers like Eagle's [in which the CO doesn't change, but gets an extra "turn"], the effect still applies. Counterattacks don't trigger this effect.)
*Bland

:power: :smallstar::smallstar:
+Attacked land units have their fuel reduced to zero. Only primary weapons trigger this effect (Counterattacks DO trigger this)
+Default bonus

:super: :smallstar::smallstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:
+Units have +1 movement
+Enemy units take damage equal to 1/3 (Exact damage) of the movement points Mark's unit spent. (Damage is dealt before combat starts)
+Untargetted enemy units have +1 movement costs.
+Default bonus

D2D is pretty cool. I'm not sure how much altering movement would affect the enemy's units though, since if you're attacking the, they're probably already where they needed to move.

COP is awesome. Works like a half paralyzation. It might be a bit too powerful though, since without fuel, enemy units basically can't do anything unless they have an APC waiting on the sidelines. I'd probably up the cost a star.

SCOP seems pretty brutal. Not only do all of your units gain +1 movement, but the enemy loses 1 move. The movement damage thing is cool though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:48 pm 

IT'S TIME TO B-B-B-B-BUMP

Eh

Mark's COP now costs 3 stars.
Pandora's COP now only halts charging.

Comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:06 pm 

An issue I have with Pandora's COP is the clause about powers that augment D2Ds, because that completely shuts down some COs powers (Grimm, Max), while barely tickling others (Amy, iirc). And what about powers that augment a D2D, plus some other effect (Graves, Melanthe)? And bland COs are either unaffected by it or completely borked depending on your interpretation. I'd make it shut down all powers (or maybe just COPs) and bump the cost if necessary.

*deposits $0.02*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:45 pm 

ParanoidDrone wrote:
An issue I have with Pandora's COP is the clause about powers that augment D2Ds, because that completely shuts down some COs powers (Grimm, Max), while barely tickling others (Amy, iirc). And what about powers that augment a D2D, plus some other effect (Graves, Melanthe)? And bland COs are either unaffected by it or completely borked depending on your interpretation. I'd make it shut down all powers (or maybe just COPs) and bump the cost if necessary.

*deposits $0.02*

Thanks but

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

'k, not really
see

You still get boosts >_>;

I was referring to stuff that explicitly implied multiplication (liek AWDS Javier, or Pandora's own COP), not to flat boosts

Still, you raise a good point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 am 

Isn't explicit implication an oxymoron? <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:40 am 

True >_>;

I meant to say

"stuff that explicitly mentioned multiplication"

Sorry about that <_<;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:40 pm 

Well, the thing with that is it's a matter of wording. Let's take AWDS Javier for an example. +10/+10 from towers D2D. COP doubles it, SCOP triples. Easy enough, Pandora shuts him down. What if the powers were reworded to say "Javier gets an extra +10/+10 (or +20/+20 for SCOP) per tower"? It no longer explicitly mentions multiplication, but the effect is the same. So...what does Classified Information do? The end result is still multiplication, but it's worded to say addition. I think even his indirect defense is doubled and quadrupled for his powers before default boosts are factored in, though it's never explicitly mentioned anywhere afaik, even in online FAQs--it's listed as flat addition. (+20 D2D -> +40 COP -> +80 SCOP)

I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think it'd be much simpler if you just had it shut down COPs completely (and SCOPs if you think you can get away with it). :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:15 pm 

Point taken.

But Koshi's COP was deemed overpowered with killing Power Activation at three stars, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to make Classified Information a 4 star COP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:20 pm 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
koshi's entire concept is overpowered

removing the ability for your opponent to play is pretty fucking powerful <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:28 am 

Did Koshi disable all powers or just COPs? Cause I don't think disabling COPs while leaving SCOPs alone is that absurd. :?

That and Koshi's power had that SFW swap thing going on, which is insanity in and of itself. Especially when the images were left out, which effectively made his units invisible. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:57 am 

So fucking up my old skillset for Norvell even more than it was xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:06 am 

Bump

Comments plz