It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:37 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Blue Moon - CO Alden (Craves attention, rates, comments...)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:38 am 

Name: Alden (Derived from a surname meaning "old friend".)

AW1 Style Bio: A Gambling, but succesful Investor, and an old friend of Colin.

Army: Blue Moon

Appearence: He wears a casual grey sweater, black pants, and tennis shoes near constantly, even at formal occasions. On his left hand, he wears a simple gold band ring. He always wears a silver-plated watch made by his father on his right arm. He has black hair, and wears half-circle red glasses. He usually looks quite simple compared to the amount of money he has.

Alt Appearance: Blue Moon CO uniform as clothes, all other descriptions remain the same.

Abbreviated Bio (Wikipedia Style Summary): Alden's family had always been poor, but he vowed that someday, he would become rich. A few years ago, he snuck into a rich part of Blue Moon to try and sell some of the watches his father made. There, he met Colin and Sasha, who helped him out by giving him the "pocket change" of 20,000G. Amazed at his good fortune, Alden invested the money in a struggling business. Within a month, business was booming, and Alden's partial ownership of the company made him a large profit. He visited Colin and Sasha again to share his good fortune, and Sasha admitted that she had mentioned the business to some of her friends to give it a boost. Alden was upset that he couldn't make it on his own, but glad that he had friends to look out for him. Alden invested his profit in OSO (Orange Star Oil) just before the Cosmo Land war, and it made him a killing. Now a multimillionaire, he continued his investments to become one of the richest people in Blue Moon. In the Macro Land war, many of Alden's stocks crashed as businesses were destroyed, causing him to lose millions. This convinced him that he needed to join his old friends Colin and Sasha as a CO in the Blue Moon army, to protect his assets.

Relationship with Hachi: Hachi acts as a combination of stock broker and luxury seller to Alden.

Long Bio (Full Version): *to come eventually. It's totally unnecessary anyway, right?*

Personality: Fairly laid back, Alden usually doesn't get too angry. When he is though, run. Fast. Alden acts normally around Colin and Sasha, but takes a formal tone with everyone else. Alden enjoys a good false battle, especially against Colin. Alden likes to taunt, and demean Colin in a joking way, in reality, thier friendship is quite strong.

:skill: : Alden's suppliers don't want to risk losing such a valuable customer. His insurance gives him back 1/10th of a unit's full value when it is destroyed.

Power Bar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: : Stock Exchange
Alden negotiates a deal with his foe. Your opponent swaps income rates with you for one turn. This effect is ignored if you have the highest income. Alden's refund for destroyed units increases to 70% for this turn.

Quote:
More that one opponent...The one with the most income.

It applies the turn after it's activated, for both players. I.E., if Orange Star activated it, it'd be on Blue Moon's turn when it would take effect (Or GE, or YC, or whoever's making the most income at the time it's activated), and on Orange Star's turn he'd get the income.

:super: : Warranty Winback
Alden presents his suppliers with his many insurances for weapons. They're forced to give him back some money for damages. Alden gains the full value of every damage point taken for all his units this turn. Example: Infantry takes 1 damage, Alden gains 100g, 2 damage, 200g, etc.

Power Quotes:
"Money is the root of my power."
"Let's see if I can't make something of this mess..."
"I'll throw some money at the problem!"
"You've racked up so many costs!"
"It's just a little fund..."
"Short a million shares of my opponent's stocks..."

Tag-In Quotes:
"I'll pay you to let me in..."
"I feel like a million Gs!"

Win Quotes:
"A battle, and a profit! Two good tastes, as they say..."
"Money was your downfall, and my uprising!"

Defeat Quotes:
"Ah...Money wasn't enough? How absurd..."
"My men...My assets..."

Tags:
Colin ** (110%) Moneymakers
Hachi * (110%) Buyers & Sellers
Sasha * (105%) High Rolling

Tag Victory Quotes:

Colin: "Bought up!"
Alden: "Sold out!"

Alden: "I'll work with stocks..."
Colin: "...And I'll buy out stores!"

Colin: "Uh, how was that?"
Alden: "You asking me, or them?"

Alden: "Hmm, looks like OSO is doing strongly..."
Colin: "Er...I'm glad I'm an heir..."

Hachi: "The defeat was free!"
Alden: "But that quote cost 2000!"

Alden: "I should expect my next shipment in a couple days?"
Hachi: "Ha! My best customer."

Hachi: "We probably shouldn't team up."
Alden: "It's really quite unfair..."

Alden: "By the way, can I have a copy of my purchase records?"
Hachi: "Are you kidding? It needs its own warehouse!"

Sasha: "Throwing money at the problem never works..."
Alden: "Unless you have a lot to throw!"

Alden: "You guys should really start working for your money..."
Sasha: "I see no need to. We have plenty as is."

Sasha: "Hand me my hot cocoa please. And my slippers. And start a fire..."
Alden: "Geez, you act this way around Colin?"

Alden: "Me and you, huh? The obvious pair!"
Sasha: "I'm sorry, what? I wasn't listening..."

Sasha is so bloody hard to write for.

EDIT: Increased amount of stars for COP by two. Changed up SCOP. Changed up COP.

EDIT2: Changed up SCOP.

EDIT3: Quote edits. COP edit.

EDIT4: Changed up powers.

EDIT5: Changed CO Power, Power Costs.

EDIT6: Changed CO Power, Power Costs, D2D.

EDIT7: Added effect to CO Power.

Alden of Blue Moon. (Complete, except long bio. Look at him and comment, or I kill a puppy.) (Possibly my most creative CCO...)

Pointless DoR/DC CO concepts. They frighten those of you who actually know what you're talking about.

Last edited by TheChronoMaster on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:08 am, edited 40 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:52 am 

D2D: Way overpowered, IMO. An option like that is so versatile that... well, I'd love to be able to adapt to circumstances that efficiently. I suppose overusing it would lead to your own downfall, but if used correctly, it would allow you to, for example, kill off a group of trapped units and build new ones from their funds. Not to mention extremely abusable with Colin or Hachi; you'd actually gain money that way. It should be a fraction of the unit's value instead, and less than what Colin/Hachi pays for units.

Not sure about the CO powers. They're an interesting idea, certainly.

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:50 am 

It isn't the full value of the unit, it's the unit's current value. I.E., a 1 HP infantry is worth 100, 2 HP is 200, etc.

Unless you understood that, and I misunderstood what you said.

Alden of Blue Moon. (Complete, except long bio. Look at him and comment, or I kill a puppy.) (Possibly my most creative CCO...)

Pointless DoR/DC CO concepts. They frighten those of you who actually know what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:02 am 

Location: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that
SCOP is boring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:17 am 

TheChronoMaster wrote:
It isn't the full value of the unit, it's the unit's current value. I.E., a 1 HP infantry is worth 100, 2 HP is 200, etc.

Unless you understood that, and I misunderstood what you said.

I understood that. I meant that since it gives the unit's full current value, it allows you to reorganize your forces extremely effectively, but even worse, you will gain money if you Refund a Colin/Hachi-bought unit.

"Golly great geishas, Kanbei! The enemy's advancing like mold on bread!" ~Kosheh
Indeed. The fact I actually know someone who wrote Sailor Moon Cannibal Slash proves this point. ~Xenesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:40 am 

The whole fact that this is abusable should be enough to say that it's an idea that probably won't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:58 am 

Also, isn't that a better [but delayed] Gold Rush?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:47 pm 

Sort've.

Te delay is meant to force you to consider using it, getting more money later puts you in trouble now.

The ability is abusable, but how much will you gain, in all honesty? 6000-something for a Colin-Bought Megatank? Taking 2 turns to gain it? (One to build the unit and switch, one to refund it) It's not worth it in my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:58 pm 

or you could wait before you build anything, use the power, only build the essentials/position yourself in a defensive formation, get your income the next two turns doing whatever you like, then on that day you get your income and double what you paid for? Smokin'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:10 pm 

True.

I could lower the amount, but I don't like using set amounts (as in, 10000), because that gets messy if you don't have enough. So, how about no income for those 2 days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:56 pm 

how about doing something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:58 pm 

True.

I'm trying to think of something money based that isn't done to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:04 pm 

money abilities are very linear, really... and most of the time either overpowered or entirely pointless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:06 pm 

or maybe jjust think of some thing new and WHoAMANG all our faces! (doubt it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:16 pm 

Is that a comment on my lack of originality, or money COs in general?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:30 pm 

Creativity in general (not insulting you! I just tend to sound like that at night O.o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:18 pm 

Bump after changing up his SCOP, is the idea at least okay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:12 am 

Hmm, I think he's quite fresh by now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:17 am 

Alden is a thorn in my side, as I haven't taken the time to bang out his full bio. Without any kind of comment besides CG's balance help, I feel no need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:59 am 

*blockbump*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:31 am 

Figure I might as well start working on him again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:03 am 

As long as you have that daily, I will nay him.

You're either completely oblivious, or the greatest actor in the world.

For the sake of my sanity I'm hoping the second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:04 am 

What's wrong with it, exactly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:06 am 

The fact that it is absolutely ridiculous. Getting money back for unit deletion is so abusable it is not even funny.

You're either completely oblivious, or the greatest actor in the world.

For the sake of my sanity I'm hoping the second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:07 am 

But you only get half the value it's currently at, not half its value overall. There's no way to abuse it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:53 am 

F***ing tag with Sensei. NOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:56 am 

O_o

Ah. There it is.

Still, unless you're on a stupid huge map, you won't make that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:00 am 

I really would...

Oh wait, he's on about 50 rating lists.

Never mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:04 am 

I saw it. I'd like another. From someone else.

>_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 am 

I like the quotes, but the SCOP could use a bit work - it's more stars than Hachi's SCOP. You'd need to have stupid many units before the discount really begins to work. The concept is a bit screwy, really. It's a variable Barter -Do something else, fo' shibbity!

And after reading the D2D, I get this image in my head:

Infantry: "Commander! We're trapped and they'll reach us with an Anti-Air in a day! What do we do?"
Alden: "Don't worry! I'll be right there to kill you and sell off your organs!"
Infantry: "What?"

Wait, that's a SCOP idea! Damage that you are dealt is returned back into your funds (at a penalty, of course)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:08 am 

Hmm...

I like that. I think I'll swap it with my SCOP, and make the SCOP his COP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:43 am 

Bump, if only because I'm thinking of writing up his bio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:25 am 

Onoz its a bump.

D2D: Geh, not a real fan of new menu options. But creative at the least.
Good for getting refunds in tight situations.

COP: Cha-ching. Very nice. Gets better as the war moves on. Sadly this is a lot like a varied Gold Rush. Take note of that.

SCOP: I can see how this can be well used.
As your units get wrecked, you're already building up a new force.
Very nice.

Good star prices too. If boothed, i'd posi-neutral him. Still irked on the D2D, as it messes with some game mechanics.

WOOT END COMMENT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:32 am 

I don't like the DTD, it seems like infantry spam likes it so much

Miss: Pain
Violence = Leading cause of death in this country = illegal = fine and dandy. Pg-13, R if it's really bad.
Sex = leading cause of life in this country = natural and perfectly legal biological process = OMG TEH NOES XXX!11!!! ---Someone at some forum, I forget
"If you have made mistakes. . . there is always another chance for you. . . You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:41 am 

Uh, no.
You get LESS than the unit cost for refunding.
And the amount refunded is so low, is highly inefficient.

Felt like defending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:44 am 

No, my idea was to sacrifice the unneeded infantry lying whenever you need funds. A tag with Sensei would be just insane.

Miss: Pain
Violence = Leading cause of death in this country = illegal = fine and dandy. Pg-13, R if it's really bad.
Sex = leading cause of life in this country = natural and perfectly legal biological process = OMG TEH NOES XXX!11!!! ---Someone at some forum, I forget
"If you have made mistakes. . . there is always another chance for you. . . You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:49 pm 

You get...450 per infantry at that rate. That gets you an absolute max of...22,500, if you have 50 cities. I highly doubt that. The mechs are...well, a bit more problematic, but also more rare. Either way, your foe will know about it in advance, and do everything possible to prevent it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:44 pm 

Personally, I find the SCOP a little on the weak side...

CCO Kaori & Kaoru
Motoko siggie stolen from sylvia liu ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:34 pm 

I'd like to request A Nicole tag...
Link in Sig

Captain Vimes - 1 point
Kosheh - 1 point
BACK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:42 pm 

Eh. I'll see when you work on her a bit more.

I have yet to fully develop Alden's history.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next